Try Out a Different Language

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Try Out a Different Language

Postby kaeria » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:31 pm

      Hi there everybody.

      I had a little idea that you could go to Google or any other translator

      (maybe even just share your knowledge of a language your learning,

      in school, online using a proper program or whatnot!)

      type in a message, then copy and paste the different language here!

      Maybe you could learn a little.

      We are recruiting ambassadors! If you are fluent in another language

      but English, PM me! (You need to know English too.)

      If someone translates a message in your language,

      it's your job to help them and correct them so they learn c:

      I shall start, I guess!

      Probieren Sie eine andere Sprache (für Englisch Personen ) which is the title of this topic in German.

      (Using google translator ^^)

      You try! You need to tell us which language it is, though!
Last edited by kaeria on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
    infp | scorpio | she / her | call me kayla !
User avatar
kaeria
 
Posts: 3465
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:48 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Try Out A Different Language (FOR ENGLISH PEOPLE)

Postby meowool » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:11 am

No google please its horrible
User avatar
meowool
 
Posts: 6093
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:03 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Try Out A Different Language (FOR ENGLISH PEOPLE)

Postby kaeria » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:28 am

Okay then? IF you have nothing relevant to say, please do not comment.
    infp | scorpio | she / her | call me kayla !
User avatar
kaeria
 
Posts: 3465
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:48 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Try Out A Different Language (FOR ENGLISH PEOPLE)

Postby spencer » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:38 am

ExampleRox wrote:Probieren Sie eine andere Sprache (für Englisch Personen ) which is the title of this topic in German!

The text in brackets would actually be "für englisch(sprachige) Personen"
Google is not really reliable because it translates word for word which can go very wrong
Image

female • extrovert • capricorn • slytherin

im a young adult who lives in central europe and loves languages a little too much
User avatar
spencer
 
Posts: 15979
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:18 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Try Out A Different Language (FOR ENGLISH PEOPLE)

Postby jindokay » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am

ExampleRox wrote:Okay then? IF you have nothing relevant to say, please do not comment.


their comment actually was a bit relevant? your thread may seem fun, but using google translate or a different kind of online translator isn't actually that good. google translate really does suck, especially for languages that don't have structure or grammar similar to english...
instead of telling everyone to put things into a translator, maybe a better idea would be to have people learning different languages try to type out what they want to say in those languages.
trust me, attempting to form a sentence yourself instead of always using a translator makes you learn the language a lot faster...
Image Image Image
User avatar
jindokay
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:04 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Try Out A Different Language (FOR ENGLISH PEOPLE)

Postby Jadesen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:15 am

jindokay wrote:
ExampleRox wrote:Okay then? IF you have nothing relevant to say, please do not comment.


their comment actually was a bit relevant? your thread may seem fun, but using google translate or a different kind of online translator isn't actually that good. google translate really does suck, especially for languages that don't have structure or grammar similar to english...
instead of telling everyone to put things into a translator, maybe a better idea would be to have people learning different languages try to type out what they want to say in those languages.
trust me, attempting to form a sentence yourself instead of always using a translator makes you learn the language a lot faster...


Google translate is actually getting more and more accurate every day. But it doesn't know grammar very well and in other languages there may be different forms of one word. Yes google translate is good for getting an understanding for what someone is saying or you are trying to say, but you should not rely on it until it is fully developed. :)
━ ⊰ YOU  WILL  FLY  ON  YOUR  OWN ⊱ ━━━━━━━━━━







xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ғeмale | вιѕeхυal | ѕpιrιтυal

Hello there! You can call me Jade.
I love painting, snowboarding, + all
things living, especially trees. I am
a big time rat collector, some people
call me the rat lady. I speak english +
am currently learning german.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblrx xxcharacter storage
deviant artxxxxxxxxwattpad
trade thread x x xx auctions




Image



━━━━━━ ( FIND ) ━━


Image
User avatar
Jadesen
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:35 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Try Out A Different Language (FOR ENGLISH PEOPLE)

Postby meowool » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Jadesen wrote:
jindokay wrote:
ExampleRox wrote:Okay then? IF you have nothing relevant to say, please do not comment.


their comment actually was a bit relevant? your thread may seem fun, but using google translate or a different kind of online translator isn't actually that good. google translate really does suck, especially for languages that don't have structure or grammar similar to english...
instead of telling everyone to put things into a translator, maybe a better idea would be to have people learning different languages try to type out what they want to say in those languages.
trust me, attempting to form a sentence yourself instead of always using a translator makes you learn the language a lot faster...


Google translate is actually getting more and more accurate every day. But it doesn't know grammar very well and in other languages there may be different forms of one word. Yes google translate is good for getting an understanding for what someone is saying or you are trying to say, but you should not rely on it until it is fully developed. :)

Also it doesn't get phrases: the translation for 'sun bathing' to french translates back as 'bathing on the sun'
Also with less spoken languages (or known in the western world that is) the quality of translation going to be bad: ie I used the Marathi google translator and a native speaker said that only about 1/3 kinda makes sense.

You're never going to be able to actually learn a language fully from any translator!
User avatar
meowool
 
Posts: 6093
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:03 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Try Out A Different Language (FOR ENGLISH PEOPLE)

Postby mental-mayhem » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Hello!! I already know this word
It's Italian it's bella I don't know how to do it in Italian but that's what the word is
It means beautiful
Image
x
Hi, I'm Mental.
I'm the Doctor Who, Hamilton,
DEH, Warriors Nerd - Who lives in
Australia.
-Quiet - Tired - Aries-

x
Image
Image
User avatar
mental-mayhem
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:09 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Try Out A Different Language (FOR ENGLISH PEOPLE)

Postby meowool » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Its the same! :) Italian is mostly spelt how it's said!
User avatar
meowool
 
Posts: 6093
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:03 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Try Out A Different Language (FOR ENGLISH PEOPLE)

Postby Claralisette » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:25 am

Annyeonghaseyo! That's Korean for Hello, and no, I did not use google translate, I'm actually trying to learn Korean. :)
Image
User avatar
Claralisette
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:11 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest