♚❤LEARN/TEACH GERMAN❤♚

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: Learn/Teach German - CLASSES START NOV 11

Postby Schneemaehne » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:34 am

Sorry, didn't want to sound snobby - it's just that some of them are funny little things (like "Du bist auf dem Holzweg!" - "You're on the wood-way!") and some are just downright wrong and use wrong words by deliberance to make the English word-by-word-translation even more gibberish. Which I think is rather sad, as the thing itself it really funny! I would love to hear all the English counterparts!
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:42 am

Schneemaehne wrote:Sorry, didn't want to sound snobby - it's just that some of them are funny little things (like "Du bist auf dem Holzweg!" - "You're on the wood-way!") and some are just downright wrong and use wrong words by deliberance to make the English word-by-word-translation even more gibberish. Which I think is rather sad, as the thing itself it really funny! I would love to hear all the English counterparts!

"Ich glaube, ich spinne." = "I think I spider."

Erm, no, that translates word-for-word to "I believe I spin" (or "I believe I am spinning.") Sounds pretty normal, actually. It's very hard to mistake a verb for a noun in written German, but somehow they managed it. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby videogames » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:12 pm

*Username: Handsome Jack
*German Level: Gamma

*Why do you think you are at this level?: I've been taking German for about two years now and am learning more outside of school through online programs.

*What is your main goal in joining this group?: I'd like to learn more slang and not-commonly taught phrases, as well as have a good time!

*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): Yes please
Favorite learning tool/website: Duolingo

*Timezone (please be as specific as possible): Central Standard Time- GMT-6
*First Language: English
How often are you online?: Every day (better from 5-10 pm)

Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular or irregular basis?: Irregular basis please!
Would you like to teach students on a regular or irregular basis?: Again, irregular please!

ёжик, Bio, or Ellis
in love with kael'thas sunstrider
warcraft/league/pokemon
previously (•̀ᴗ•́)و
eng/ger ok
ImageImage
videogames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miunari » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Next week I'll probably offer a 1:1 or to up to three people class via Skype (because of pronunciation) I'd prefer Student of higher levels, but anything is fine. If you'd like to join or have a theme suggestion, shoot me a pm.
Miunari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scyfir » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:08 pm

german words with two different meanings:

"Kappes"- means cabbage or something silly.
"Schrank"- means wardrobe, but you can also say "Der Kerl ist ein Schrank.", what describes him as very tall and broad-shouldered.
"Horst"- is a name, describes an eagle's nest and is a slang for "moron" where i come from.

of course, his are only a very few examples :)
Scyfir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby njsparrow » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:09 am

*Username: njsparrow
*German Level: Delta B
*Why do you think you are at this level?: I am currently taking a German 1 college course so I know some basics.
*What is your main goal in joining this group?: I'd like to practice what I am learning/learn some more.
*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): Yes!
Favorite learning tool/website: N/A
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible): Pacific Timezone
How often are you online?: Due to college, not much.
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular or irregular basis?: Irregular would be nice, considering college and all that. PMs are cool!
Would you like to teach students on a regular or irregular basis?: Ha, I don't think I'm qualified for that!
...---~~~'''ImageImageImage'''~~~---...
The Road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way, where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.
-JRR Tolkien
njsparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winged Horses » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:52 pm

*Username: Winged Horses
*German Level: Omega
*Why do you think you are at this level?: Because I'm not someone who knows nothing about German, however I am not the most perfect talking in German
*What is your main goal in joining this group?: To at least attempt to improve my German
*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): Unless it concerns me, then no
Favorite learning tool/website:
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible): Central Standard Time (I'm usually in Sweden but for a while I'm in America)
*First Language: Swedish
How often are you online?:
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular or irregular basis?: Yes
Would you like to teach students on a regular or irregular basis?
Last edited by Winged Horses on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winged Horses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kinderspirit » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:08 pm

*Username: kinderspirit
*German Level: delta b
*Why do you think you are at this level?: I just started taking german this year so i only know a little bit.
*What is your main goal in joining this group?: I get stusk on homework a lot so i was hoping to find someone to anser simple questions.
*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): yes please
Favorite learning tool/website:
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible): N/A
*First Language: english
How often are you online?:
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular or irregular basis?:
Would you like to teach students on a regular or irregular basis? I am not good enough for that yet but i hope to be some day!
I play Howrse under the same username! My Tolters <3
Image Looking For Store Pets!
Christian <3 Job 39:19
kinderspirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reiji » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Can't wait! A few more days for the class to start!
other then that..Welcome!
reiji/aza/jiwoon/yin ∆ they/them
Reiji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ??? ??? » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:33 am

*Username: .disorderly conduct.
*German Level: Delta B
*Why do you think you are at this level?: I know some of the basics of German, however struggle with the more complex words and phases. I've so far been learning independently.
*What is your main goal in joining this group?: To be improve on the little German I know.
*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): Nope.
Favorite learning tool/website: Duolingo
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible): Central Standard Time (UTC - 6)
How often are you online?: Daily-ish, mostly on towards evening hours.
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular or irregular basis?: Regular
Last edited by ??? ??? on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
??? ???

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me