What language do you want to learn?

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: What language do you want to learn?

Postby I'm-okay. » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:32 am

RUSSIAN RUSSIAN RUSSIAN!!!
Imagexxxxxxxx

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━ ★ ━┓

LINKS

┗━ ★ ━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

I'm-okay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jindokay » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:20 am

Luanne wrote:@jindokay: Could you give some examples? I'm interested in endangered languages, too :'D

hmm i live in the united states, so most endangered languages here are all native american/indigenous languages (cherokee, blackfoot, arapaho, yup'ik/yugtun, and a lot more). hawaiian is vulnerable and at risk of becoming endangered.
in europe some endangered languages i know of are yiddish, romani, cornish, scottish gaelic (i think irish gaelic is vulnerable?), chechen is at risk.
there's a lot of them in asia due to size and the number of islands, but i only know of okinawan and jeju
wikipedia has a(n incomplete) list of endangered languages sorted by continents and countries if you're interested in looking there.

i'd suggest researching what cultures are/were around your area if you're interested in meeting up with native speakers to learn (which is the easiest and best way to learn in my opinion)...
you might not be able to find a lot or any books for certain languages though, so a lot of people generally avoid trying to take on endangered languages
Image Image Image
jindokay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OnAStorytellersNight » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:13 am

Thank you very much!
I started learning Hawaiian last year because it sounds just beautiful, and it's not even that hard. It's mainy all the other stuff I've got do to that keeps me from learning...
Anyways, thanks for the link, I'll check it out :')
OnAStorytellersNight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ri ★ » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:32 am

Languages I'd like to learn are French and Korean. :'D

sig source
ri ★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UmbreonPotato » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:46 am

I really want to learn Polish. I'm an American, but I have family in Poland and I think I may want to go visit(: and I think I might want to live there~<3
UmbreonPotato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inky Cat » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:31 am

I'm born in the United Kingdom and I live in Germany now. I decided to take Spanish and French classes voluntarily, English is obligation. There are Swedish courses at my school, and Swedish appears to be a beautiful language to me, so I wanna sign them next school year =)
Inky Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bearpear » Thu May 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Russian and Romani omg yes please ;u;;;
bearpear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Henry is Bae » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:35 am

I want to learn German!
Henry is Bae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:49 pm

I really want to learn an Eastern language because I want to travel to the East and explore other cultures.
I want to learn Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. I want to learn Chinese the most, but I might resort to learning Korean first because I heard that learning new languages becomes easier after you have already learned a 2nd language and Chinese is rather tonal and complex for me.
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jindokay » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:54 am

ruma wrote:
I really want to learn an Eastern language because I want to travel to the East and explore other cultures.
I want to learn Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. I want to learn Chinese the most, but I might resort to learning Korean first because I heard that learning new languages becomes easier after you have already learned a 2nd language and Chinese is rather tonal and complex for me.

in my opinion japanese might be easier than korean... the korean alphabet is extremely easy to learn, but then speaking it is a different matter whereas japanese is fairly direct and easy to pronounce for westerners. in any case, japanese and korean are similar enough that if you learn one you can quickly learn the other
Image Image Image
jindokay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me