What Country Are You From!?

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

What Country Are You From?

America
31%
England
8%
Austraila
6%
France
2%
Germany
6%
Russia
3%
Canada
8%
Brazil
1%
Ireland
1%
Other
34%

Total votes : 1203

Re: What Country Are You From!?

Postby Alejandra » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:10 pm

I want to go to England, thinking of studying 6th form there, on a boarding school.
I ♥ Ballet. I ♥ Gymnastics. I ♥ Books. I ♥ my Kindle. I ♥ Reading. I ♥ Animals. I ♥ PHOTOGRAPHY!

Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Alejandra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meowool » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:54 am

6th form is equal (age-wise) to junior and senior year, so it'd be hard to do that unless you're moving there permenantly. Also when US kids finsh school, there is a gap between them and the level of upper sixths who have left. (6th form is harder.)

Also boarding school is very expensive, ones like Eton or Winchester are very selective, and expensive (because most, if not all boarding schools aren't funded by Government.)

But the good thing is that if you do decide to do it, you'll leave with qualifications* (normally 3.5, sometimes more) that can get you a job, or into university, and are internationally recognised, because if you say on a job application in the UK saying you have a 'US high school diploma' it doesn't mean anything to them, apart from that you passed school, which isn't that hard to do at GCSE level to be honest.

Or did you mean go to university?? (which in England is after 6th form.) that would be more easier to do in England form the US than 6th form! XD

*3 A-levels and one AS, which is half of an A-level.
meowool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pureh-12 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:11 pm

meowmoss wrote:Do you just words in UK english just to annoy them?? XD (I know I would!)

Is it really wierd to live in America, after England??

(I'm considering being a camp helper in america in the summerhols after I finish my A-levels (which I'll hopefully be starting this september - gosh that sounds scary!) cos then it'll give me experiance working, and the pay is quite good for only about 10 ish weeks!)

:D Ehh, it's kinda weird. Because America doesn't use metric system. >.>

But it shouldn't be that hard to get used to :DD
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
H E T A L I A <3
UsUk * Spamano * GerIta

Pureh-12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alejandra » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:14 am

No, I mean 6 form, and yes, I plan to move permantly. I have very high grades(high As on everything), and my school has a higher level than an American School. It's harder than an American School. I know they are REALLY expensive, and I'm trying to get an art scholarphip to pay. It's 1.5 years away from now, so I'm working to help pay.
I ♥ Ballet. I ♥ Gymnastics. I ♥ Books. I ♥ my Kindle. I ♥ Reading. I ♥ Animals. I ♥ PHOTOGRAPHY!

Alejandra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meowool » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:02 am

Cool! Good for you wanting to pay for part of it! Break a leg!! If you need tips just generally, (in september i'll be in 6th form, so I can answer more relevant q's!) PM me! XD
meowool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alejandra » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:45 am

Ok, thanks a lot! I still have over a whole year to think of ways to get money. My parents said they could pay a part, but that I had to pay another.

Alejandra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meowool » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:01 am

A job, scholarships, odd jobs for the neighbours, they are the only ones that I can think of.
.....you may not have to worry about medical costs (apart from prescriptions, glass frames, and dental appointments) as US citizens may be covered in the UK by the NHS, but you'd have to look that up. But there is always a nurse on site, at a boarding school so you can just go straight to them if you don't feel great. (I have been to one, but as a day schooler, but I knew about it as i was the only day girl in my class/year. (there was only one class per year)

Also in 6th form you wear your own clothes, so you don't need to buy uniform. (5 more months of wearing mine!) the holidays are shorter*, but there are more of them.

*because there are terminal exams in both years of 6th form, you finish the school year earlier than the normal school year which is first/second week week of september -> third week of july.
meowool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angry.Jackal » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:04 am

AMERICAN ALL THE WAY!! Texan chick and lovin' it!

ᕮᗰᗷᖇᗩᑕᕮ Tᕼᕮ OᑌTᗷᖇᕮᗩK. ᗯᕮ ᗯIᒪᒪ ᕮᑎᗪᑌᖇᕮ.
------------------------------------------------------------
• Call me AJ
• Transgender ((ftm))
• All pets for trade for FR currency
• I don't bite! Feel free to chat with me about
anything~

ImageImage
----------------------------------------------------------
ᗷᕮ ᗯᗩᖇY Oᖴ YOᑌᖇ ᖴᗩTᕮ ᗩᔕ Tᕼᕮ ᐯIᖇᑌᔕ
ᒪIᕮᔕ Iᑎ ᗯᗩIT.

Angry.Jackal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alejandra » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 am

The ones I've seen have uniform, :( , but the cost of it isn't that high, I might tell my aunt to give me a uniform as birthday gift if I'm accepted. Odd jobs for the neighbours is just what I'm doing right now, but I don't get as much as I expect.

Alejandra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pureh-12 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:43 pm

mMy old school in England, it was a baording school called Frensham Heights School...there was no uniform. I went to the boarding school up until year five(US equivalent would be 4th grade)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
H E T A L I A <3
UsUk * Spamano * GerIta

Pureh-12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me