Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Bashett » Fri May 03, 2024 4:23 pm

Username: Bashett
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I can speak english but main is Spanish, any is fine :D
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Because of flight rising!!
What do you like best so far?: I love the different kind of pets that are around here and all the unique designs!
Any questions?: Not about this thread but a lot about the game ;v;
Hi everyone, I´m Bashett and I´m new, I discovered this game because there is a lot of people that play it on Flight Rising, I’m a spanish speaker sorry for my bad english :D
Bashett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Fri May 03, 2024 6:30 pm

Username: daybreak.

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Spanish

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've been around for a while, so there are many, many posts where I've (hopefully) intervened helpfully, but here are a few examples:

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I think I would be a very helpful guide for anyone who could find CS a little overwhelming at first. I have a lot of experience in pretty much every section of the forum, excepting the RP section. I can point out helpful threads and give trading advice. I can give pointers on the text editor, BB coding, and Oekaki. And I like to think I'm good at explaining things, as well as friendly. I'll always be grateful to the users who nurtured my experience way back when I joined the site, and I'd love to introduce someone new to all the things I love about CS and its community <3

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I have periods of very frequent activity, and periods of lull. Right now, I've been visiting CS pretty much every day, and hanging in the forums for at least a coupe of hours amidst other activities. If I begin to slow down in activity, I will notify thread staff, like the rules ask c:

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I believe I did

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicSnowball » Sun May 05, 2024 9:57 am

Username: ToxicSnowball
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: someone told me about it on discord
What do you like best so far?: dressing up the pets also watching them grow
Any questions?: not this thread, but a lot about everything else
ToxicSnowball

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hexcel » Thu May 09, 2024 9:12 am

Username: hexcel
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a; english only
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: flight rising as well...
What do you like best so far?: butterfly wolves! someone told me that is what they're called, i think they're adorable. i'd like to get a pps one.
Any questions?: how do you make pet groups?
hexcel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Thu May 09, 2024 11:13 am

hexcel wrote:Username: hexcel
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a; english only
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: flight rising as well...
What do you like best so far?: butterfly wolves! someone told me that is what they're called, i think they're adorable. i'd like to get a pps one.
Any questions?: how do you make pet groups?

Welcome to CS! Here's an answer to your question:

If you press "My Stuff" it'll bring you to your unorganized pets group. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Right under "rename pets", there are a few links, one of them in the right column under "My Account" is "Create a new group to organize your pets", press that and it'll bring you to a new page to organize your pets! Hope this helps!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phoenixlitte » Tue May 14, 2024 6:41 pm

Username: phoenixlitte
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friend plays
What do you like best so far?: I love adopting pets and also watching them grow
Any questions?: I need help understanding the basics of trading
phoenixlitte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby COOLCH13 » Thu May 30, 2024 4:38 am

Username:
COOLCH13

If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
English Fluent

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:
Saw a YouTube video about it. It seemed like fun, though I prefer to draw on an iPad.

What do you like best so far?:
I think I like the customization the best so far. I also like the idea of socializing that this site uses. I'd love to do art stuff but again, I draw on iPad mostly, not on PC.

Any questions?:
Is it acceptable to trade art I made off-site for on-site things? Or is this seen as a bad practice?
Is there a good way to go about trying to make friends? i.e. Just messaging users outright?
I truly do not understand the currency yet, what are the different forms of currency? Is currency super important?
I am new and confused. Hi.

My Art Shop (Under Construction)
I guess I collect Butterfly wolves now.

"Sorry mom, I like people."
🏳️‍⚧️I Love My Trans Wife🏳️‍⚧️
COOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RivenBaby » Thu May 30, 2024 1:33 pm

Username: BabyRiven
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: just English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A Friend
What do you like best so far?: all the customization on the profiles
Any questions?: is this how I do this? and how do I post on a forum
Riven
RivenBaby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Fri May 31, 2024 4:10 am

COOLCH13 wrote:Any questions?:
Is it acceptable to trade art I made off-site for on-site things? Or is this seen as a bad practice?
Is there a good way to go about trying to make friends? i.e. Just messaging users outright?
I truly do not understand the currency yet, what are the different forms of currency? Is currency super important?

Hi COOLCH13, welcome to CS! I think I can answer some of your questions while you wait to get adopted:

• It's absolutely acceptable to trade off-site art for on-site pets, items and currency. I think people prefer using the oekaki for ease, if they don't have an art program on their device, and for visibility, since oekaki threads show thumbnails. When you're trading off-site art what you'll want to do is look through and post in the Art Shop sub-forums instead.
  • Honestly, making friends on the site mostly happens organically in my experience. Try to expand on your list of interests a little, and seek out threads about those interests! You can also start getting to know other users by playing forum games, seeking out people who will make art trades with you, or even by joining a CS Discord server.
  • Finally, currency is not super important in CS. Unlike in other sites, CS doesn't have a regular and premium currency—the only way to get C$ is either by purchasing it with real money or by trading for it from other users. Indeed, a lot of people will trade C$ for art. In return, you can trade any C$ you acquire for pets, items and art from other users, or you can use it to buy pets and items from the store. I suggest checking out the FAQ section about the store and C$ if you're still confused.

RivenBaby wrote:Any questions?: is this how I do this? and how do I post on a forum

Hi Riven! Welcome to CS! Your form seems to be in order, so yeah, now all you have to do is wait to be assigned an adopter. And, I believe the fact that I can see your post means you were approved to post in the forums. Right on!
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby COOLCH13 » Fri May 31, 2024 4:20 am

daybreak. wrote:Hi COOLCH13, welcome to CS! I think I can answer some of your questions while you wait to get adopted:

• It's absolutely acceptable to trade off-site art for on-site pets, items and currency. I think people prefer using the oekaki for ease, if they don't have an art program on their device, and for visibility, since oekaki threads show thumbnails. When you're trading off-site art what you'll want to do is look through and post in the Art Shop sub-forums instead.
  • Honestly, making friends on the site mostly happens organically in my experience. Try to expand on your list of interests a little, and seek out threads about those interests! You can also start getting to know other users by playing forum games, seeking out people who will make art trades with you, or even by joining a CS Discord server.
  • Finally, currency is not super important in CS. Unlike in other sites, CS doesn't have a regular and premium currency—the only way to get C$ is either by purchasing it with real money or by trading for it from other users. Indeed, a lot of people will trade C$ for art. In return, you can trade any C$ you acquire for pets, items and art from other users, or you can use it to buy pets and items from the store. I suggest checking out the FAQ section about the store and C$ if you're still confused.

Thank you so much! Really happy to know that I won't be breaking any TOS. I will totally be getting an Art Shop forum going on here soon. My biggest challenge is making it look nice for now.

I am doing lots of reading and very excited to have an "adopter" eventually to give me a hand with this game :] I could use all the help I can get it seems.
I am new and confused. Hi.

My Art Shop (Under Construction)
I guess I collect Butterfly wolves now.

"Sorry mom, I like people."
🏳️‍⚧️I Love My Trans Wife🏳️‍⚧️
COOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups