Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby MysticFate » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:27 am

Username: MysticFate
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is much preferred please :)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I play Pokefarm Q (under the same username) and a lot of people were mentioning this site
What do you like best so far?: The pet designs are really good!
Any questions?: Nothing specific as of now but I really don't know much

Thank you for creating this thread!
I love anime :p

~MysticFate :)
MysticFate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AdamJ » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:00 am

Username: AdamJ
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English):
not fluent but I know a good amount of French Dutch and Swedish.

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s:
I do not have any solid posts as most of my help is in PM's. I have a few in "is this a fair trade" but the link refuses to work for me right now. I was here as an adopter a few years ago in 2017.

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?:
I genuinely love helping people. I have been here for quite some time so I know how the site works, and I've used the oekaki and other site things.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?:
I am now on everyday, for a few hours (sometimes I might skip a day or so but I at least check messages every day- especially with a holiday going on) . I often have this running in the background and check in every 20-30 mins.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?:
Yes! made sure I re-read it before I posted this.

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
100%!! It's our job to help them and make CS a welcoming place for them.

Discord | DragC | About Me | ©

⇜◦ ◅☣▻ ◦⇝

I'm Adam Joseph
u can call me Joe.... momma
Been playing off and on since 2013
dms are open
trades are open
I own 3 dogs. they are my world

AdamJ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raibow » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Username: melodycrystalcat
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I found a link to it an another game i play
What do you like best so far?: The pet foxes
Any questions?: How do i earn in game money?
raibow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketch.. » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:09 am

Username: Sketch..
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Only English!
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have through PMs and trade messages. I prefer to do things privately incase the person I'm addressing feels embarrassed or has further questions.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have a good sense of the CS community, and can navigate the site well. I also have a good idea how to clarify rules, putting them in a simple way to understand. I am willing to thoroughly answer as many questions that are thrown at me to the best of my ability. I want to help someone, and I enjoy talking with people. Teaching people is a ton of fun to me, this is a great opportunity to help someone while enjoying my time on CS!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Lately I've been on daily, I check the site throughout the day. I'd say I'm most active during events.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I did my best to make sure I understood the program, I read through everything twice!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, to the best of my ability! I will do my best to make a newcomer feel welcome and more comfortable using the site.
sketch..

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ↫mars↬ » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:07 am

↫mars↬ wrote:Username: ↫mars↬

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Only English

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Not beyond answering any questions in certain threads

I have been a member on CS since 2009 and since joining I haven't been away for more than a few months. I've seen this site change and grow and have made a decent few mistakes of my own! I wish I had someone older when I first joined to show me the ropes and how to get to know this website. Outside of CS, I try my best to help my family and friends with any problems they may have, and I've been looking to expand this to CS, to help strangers with anything they may need. I consider myself Queer and I have experience working with people who identify as such or may be thinking they may identify in a similar way. I love to help people out in any way I can and I would love to help out any newbies that have any questions what so ever, CS or non-CS related.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?:
More often these days, but I've been on daily for the past few months.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!

I believe I have helped my newbie! Can I be put back on the list please?
Pet's name: Flygon
    Here and Queer!

A Pie!

Previously 'Dan Avidan' and 'Batman.'
~ I am currently mostly offline. Please excuse any messages left unanswered or drawing requests left undone. ~

↫mars↬

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fireofdragons » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Username: fireofdragons
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: through other petsites!
What do you like best so far?: the vast variety of collectable pets!
Any questions?: very new, but have been on many petsites for 5+ years, very eager to learn more! <3
Pet's name: 花龙
fireofdragons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greyfire » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:25 am

Greyfire wrote:
Greyfire wrote:
Greyfire wrote:Username:
Greyfire

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English):
I am fluent in American Sign Language. Although I'm not certain that is going to be of much assistance online. You never know though.

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s:
I no longer have links to the threads, but I was a moderator for a few user-created adoptables on here and I took over being the owner of Thimble Kitties for quite some time as well.
I feel like I should be allowed to adopt a newbie because I've been on CS for quite some time now and I'd love to be able to help the new/younger users around the lovely site. I enjoy helping others and I am extremely responsible. I also have been pretty active lately and plan on keeping that up. I would also love to help as many new players as I can and save them from making common mistakes that I did when I was a new player and didn't have anyone around to help me out. I feel like trading, certain events, etc. all take some time to get used to participating in and I wish I would have had someone around to answer the numerous questions I had floating through my head when I first started.
I get on CS every day whenever I have free time. I can be on anywhere from fifteen minutes to three hours. It just depends on the day.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?:
I read every single word!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
I wholeheartedly agree to be polite and help my newbie at all times.

Re-applying!!

I only helped my newbie once and haven't heard from them since then so I would like to re-apply!

I haven't needed to assit my newbie! May I be added to the top?
Greyfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sumashira » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:29 am

I helped my newbie again! I'd love to volunteer to help another. :3

sumashira wrote:Username: sumashira
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): - - -
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS?: Yes; I have adopted multiple newbies in past AAN threads as well as frequently helping in the CS Help, Suggestions, and Problems board.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've been a member of CS since July 2010 and I know my way around very well at this point. I'm very friendly and love having the opportunity to help others.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on CS daily, usually multiple times a day for at least 10 minutes or so each time. I always get notifications for PMs.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I did.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!

- -
Hi there! You can call me suma!
- -
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
- -
If you missed an outcome or you
want to paperclip, send me a trade!
- -
ImageImage
- -
frog art made for me by PumpkinCatCarnival (TH)
sumashira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonfrost » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:00 pm

Username: dragonfrost
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: mentioned on FR
What do you like best so far?: the stamps!
Any questions?: why dont my parents love me

i joined in 2015 i think but never rly got involved past just adopting some pets and some kind older users let me adopt some but ive basically never used the forums and left after just a few months before coming back a week or so ago
dragonfrost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midde » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:53 pm

I was able to get in contact with my Newbie but they said no longer needed help. With that I'd like to be relisted. Thanks! <3

Username: Midde
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: N/A
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I feel I'm ready to help another Newbie because I've always done my best to answer any questions they may have and I'm always kind, friendly, and patient towards most anyone.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm on CS daily usually 1-2 hours and can be more active during the weekends.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree.
|Adult||Nov. 15th|♂ Any Pronouns|MST/MDT|Nocturnal|
{Adopt a Newbie}{Freebie Group}{Music}
Midde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me