Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Postby Celozon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:28 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Thread

(read this post and this post for further information)

Image Introduction
    I've heard many older users here on Chicken Smoothie say that they had wished that they had a bit more help when they were a newbie. And I realized we have no newbie adoption program, It would be a lot more helpful for newbies when they first join to have someone help them and show them how to get around on CS. So I have now created this, the Adopt a Newbie program, where older, more knowledgeable users can adopt new members to show and help them around Chicken Smoothie.

If you have any questions, concerns, comments, or complaints about the thread we would be happy to hear them. You are free to post those on the thread, or PM me or a thread-mod if you are more comfortable with that.

General FAQ:

ImageThis looks so long, do I have to read it all?
    I know it seems like a really long post, but bear with me. All of this is important. I've re-read and gone through these posts multiple times taking out all non-important information. You only need to read the section that applies to you. If you are a newbie you only need to read the newbie section, if you are an adopter you only need to read the adopter section. But you are encouraged to read everything here, especially the FAQ.

ImageI've come back from an old account and can't remember how to play, can I still be adopted?
    I've been here a while, but I still need help, can I still be adopted?

You can be considered a newbie and you're allowed to get an adopter as long as you feel you need help getting around CS. We are here to help anyone who needs help.

ImageI need help learning rarities, but I've been on CS a while. Can I still be adopted?
    Adopt A Newbie is not here as a rarities or rares list school. It is here to help teach newbies who need help being shown around, this is to help introduce and guide people around CS.

ImageCan I help out on the thread, or can only mods do that?
    All adopter questions should be left to the thread-mods. Everyone is allowed to help out newbies, if a newbie asks a question and I or one of the mini-mods is not around to answer you are quite welcome to answer their question best you can.

ImageI don't want to spam the thread, so what exactly counts as spam?
    All of this counts as spam; Chatting (How are you, I'm bored, etc.), randomness, non-helpful links, tell us you changed your username, asking to be a mod, saying 'I want to adopt' or 'can I be an adopter' without filling out a form.

Last edited by Celozon on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:12 am, edited 294 times in total.
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Newbies

Postby Celozon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:32 am

Newbie FAQ:
    ImageEnglish is my second language and I'm not that good at it.
    On your form put what your first language is. We will try to assign you an adopter who is fluent in both English and your first language and can help you learn English better.

ImageWhat if I only need help in a specific area of the site?'
    The adopters that apply on the thread are capable of answering most questions about anything you are confused or want to know about, so if you are only interested in one part of the site, that's perfectly ok! Your adopter will, as always, do their best in helping you out.

Welcome to Chicken Smoothie, or 'CS' as people often call it. I made this thread to help you, to give you someone to help explain everything you need to know about Chicken Smoothie. So don't be afraid to post here and ask questions. Just remember, we make this site. Be friendly and people will be friendly back to you. CS will be friendly so long as each of us are friendly to each other.

• All newbies are encouraged to check out these links, they are extremely helpful;

If you want to be adopted, please copy and paste the form and fill it out correctly. If you're confused, fields can be left blank. Just post this form on this thread, and a mod will assign an adopter to you. That adopter will send you a message.

If you are not contacted by your adopter within a week of being assigned, please let a thread-mod know so we can give you a new adopter. A list of thread mods is posted below.

Code: Select all
Username:
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:
What do you like best so far?:
Any questions?:

Last edited by Celozon on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:02 am, edited 9 times in total.
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adopters

Postby Celozon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:14 am

ImageNewbies understand CS by the people they interact with on CS. You should always be polite, patient, and friendly with your newbie. The point of adopting a newbie is not to answer their questions and then leave, the point is to help them whenever they need it. Make them feel welcome to come and bother you about anything they are confused about.

• If you act like you don't care then we won't want to entrust a newbie to your care. We will pay attention to how your form is filled out, and if we feel that you will not properly care for an newbie assigned to you, then we can decline your form.

ImageAll adopters must have joined CS at least one year ago

• If you are interested in adopting, but are underage, you must read the information the information below as well as the 'Underage Applicant' section where you will be instructed on how to proceed.

ImageAll adopters must read all of the below information before applying

• It is very important that you understand all information on this post and follow all the instructions. If you do not we may decline your form.

Adopter FAQ:

ImageI changed my username, will you change it on the list?
    No. Username changes do not effect anything and users change their usernames too often for us to be running around correcting it all the time.

ImageAm I allowed to apply again? If so, when?
    You are allowed to apply again as soon as you have been assigned your newbie from the previous time you applied.

ImageI never got to help my newbie.
    ImageI did help my newbie, but only a little bit.

If you never helped you newbie, not even one question, quote your old form and let us know and you will be put onto the top of the list. If you helped your newbie, even just a little bit, you will have to apply again and be put at the bottom of the list.

ImageWhy am I not on the list?
    ImageWhy was my form denied?

If we have a reasonable reason to believe you are not fit to get a newbie, no matter how many categories you fit in, we can turn down your application. You also my not be on the list because we have not updated yet.

The Form:

ImageAfter posting your form a mod will post here to either accept it, decline it (and tell you why) or let you know if you missed something. Once your form is accepted you will be put on the list when it is updated. At a certain point you will be PMed by a thread-mod saying you were assigned to a newbie.

Be aware that we have certain expectations for adopters. Your forms should show some time and thought put into it. We feel some people have been taking this too lightly, and as a result have not helped their newbie the way they should have. If your answer to "Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?" is only a sentence or two, that does not instill confidence in us and you will probably be declined.

You may now offer to adopt multiple newbies when posting your form:
    You many now offer to adopt a max of 5 newbies with one form, meaning if you want to adopt more than one you will not need to reapply each time you are assigned a newbie. Please be aware that this means if the list of adopters is very short you may be assigned more than one newbie at once. Each time you are assigned a newbie you'll be placed at the bottom of the list automatically. We'll also let you know when you've exhausted the number of newbies you offered to adopt. Players offering to adopt multiple newbies will have the remaining number they can adopt listed next to their name on the adopter list.

When posting your form:
  • Do not edit size, color, or bold, italicize, or underline the text. Please leave the text plain so it is easier for our thread-mods to quickly read your form.
  • Do not add unnecessary extras, for the same reason as above.
  • Do not list languages you are not fluent in/cannot speak well enough to help a newbie using only that language.

Underage Applicants:

Image We recognize that there are some users here who are quite capable of adopting a newbie before they have been on CS a full year. We are willing to offer a privilege to those who are capable.

• Do not post your form here, PM it to AquilaFuga.
    • We will forward it to one or several of the other mods and when at least two agree on your form you will either be accepted or denied as long as both agree. If they disagree a third mod will be brought in. You will be PMed back informing you of the decision that was made. If you are not PMed back within a week, you may resend your form, but when you do, please let us know that you already sent a form and did not hear back.
    • We will be much stricter on Underage Applicants. If you have only been on a few months, you probably will not be accepted. You should show that you have experience by having been in many areas of the forums, and possibly helping answer people's questions.

Last edited by Celozon on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 am, edited 15 times in total.
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Thread-mods

Postby Celozon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:53 pm

These are our thread moderators. They have all volunteered to help update adopters, assign newbies, and tend to the thread. We are all very kind and helpful, and we will gladly answer any questions about Adopt A Newbie or CS in general. We are also the ones who answer adopter questions, so please leave those to these people.

x

ImagePlease do not ask us to be a mod. We pick mods out of the people who help out on the thread a lot and are here often. Not just people who ask.
ImagePlease do not be scared to message us! We will answer all questions, no matter how stupid you think they are!

Celozon
    ImageThe creator of the thread. If you have specific questions in these categories feel free to ask them;
    ~General Knowledge, Forums, Roleplaying, Oekaki, Trading and Pets, Rarities, and Rares List (Advent, September)

AquilaFuga
    ImageOne of the thread-mods. If you have specific questions in these categories feel free to ask her;
    ~Forums, BBcode, Roleplaying, Trading and Pets, and Rarities.

Last edited by Celozon on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:24 am, edited 22 times in total.
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The List

Postby AquilaFuga » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:19 am

ImageThese are all the adopters waiting for a newbie. This waiting list is organized in order of application, first to last. So the first person on the list gets the next newbie to sign up, then the second person moves up, and so on. The number next to a name represents how many newbies they have left to adopt, if they agreed to adopt more than one. Once an adopter is assigned, they are taken off the list (or moved to the bottom again if they agreed to help multiple newbies), and everyone moves up one. Once you sign up to be an adopter, your name goes at the bottom. You will then be assigned when you are at the top. The only way you can be put at the top automatically is if you were assigned a newbie and they did not respond or you did not get to help them.

ImageThis list is updated to page 883Image

Last edited by AquilaFuga on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:52 am, edited 275 times in total.
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Advertisement

Postby Celozon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:28 am

We have some great stamps and banners. Please feel free to put them in your signature, trade rules, or other places that will help spread the news of this thread. We have enough right now, please don't make any for us unless we specifically ask you to.

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1065524][img]http://i.imgur.com/4DFij.png[/img][/url]

Made by thunderofthedrum

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1065524][img]http://i.imgur.com/k65Kd.png[/img][/url]

Made by thunderofthedrum

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1065524][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/34gty8o.png[/IMG][/url]

Made by StarHorse

Last edited by Celozon on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:24 am, edited 9 times in total.
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Get to Know Us

Postby Celozon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:44 am

ImageAs mods on this thread we want to make both adopters and newbies feel welcome here. You should never feel afraid to asking a question, even if you think its stupid, and you should never be intimidated by us. We're just normal users who volunteered to help with the thread! We are not anyone special, we're just like any other member on CS! We have things we like and dislike, and activities we like to do! We have all volunteered to help update adopters, assign newbies, and tend to the thread. We are all very kind and helpful, and we will gladly answer any questions about Adopt A Newbie or CS in general. Below each of us have a couple paragraphs about ourselves just to show you how un-intimidating we are.

ImageCelozon
[cell-o-zon]

Hey, I'm Celozon, I am an employed adult living in Texas, though I lived most of my life in Florida. I'm often busy doing various things (mostly art/adopt a newbie/personal life), but I'm always happy to help anyone who needs it and I always have time to answer questions. I am always open to PMs, you should never be afraid to bother me. I'm very patient. I get on CS every day unless I'm unable to get on the internet. I'm not on CS I'm often on one of the other sites I frequent. I do a lot of reading as well, mostly fantasy/adventure books. I've got social anxiety disorder which makes it difficult for me to talk to people, so don't be upset if I don't answer right away, I tend to take a bit to gather my thoughts.

Last edited by Celozon on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:24 am, edited 13 times in total.
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

For use by thread-moderators only

Postby Celozon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:44 am

These are for thread-moderators only, they are here for easy access so that we can all use the same post set-ups when accepting adopters, assigning newbies, and messaging adopters to alert them about their assigned newbie. These are not free to use for everyone, do not use these without permission.

Anything inside > and < are inserted comments/reminders and should be deleted on the completed post

Accepting adopters/Assigning newbie
[size=200][b][color=#BF0000]Thread Update[/color][/b][/size]

>any questions that were not answered should go first<

>if a user was assigned a newbie but the newbie never responding or they never got to help the newbie, assign them to a newbie right away or put them on the accepted list below and state that they should go to the top of the list<

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:
[list][*][url=profile URL]Username[/url](language, if any)
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url][/list]

>if no underage adopters you can remove this part<

The following underage adopters have been accepted and will be placed on the list;
[list][*][url=profile URL]Username[/url](language, if any)
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url][/list]

>if no one is declined, you can remove this section. Since almost everyone that is declined is declined because of account age, I've made it so its easy to just list everyone and be done. if they are declined for another reason you can just edit it to fit that.<

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
[list][*]Adopters must have an account of at least one year of age. Under-age adopters can apply, but you will need to refer to the front page and re-read the adopters section for the details on how to do so.
[list][*][url=profile link]username[/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url][/list][/list]
    [list][*]Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]

>reminder to put a (previously ---) for any adopters that are assigned a newbie who have changed their username since being put on the list<

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:
[list][*][url=profile URL]Username[/url] has been assigned [url=profile URL]Username[/url](if assigned because of language, say so here)
[*][url=][/url] has been assigned [url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url] has been assigned [url=][/url][/list]

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=52287]Celozon[/url], [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=69135]AquilaFuga[/url], [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=73175]Panne[/url],  [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=192584]Porcelaine[/url], [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4350]Fat Unicorn[/url] and [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22881]Nadine[/url].

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the [b][url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1455607l]Newbie Guide & Index[/url][/b], if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

Accepting adopters/Assigning newbie (without the extra instruction text)

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:
[list][*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url][/list]

The following underage adopters have been accepted and will be placed on the list;
[list][*][url=profile URL]Username[/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url][/list]

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
[list][*]Adopters must have an account of at least one year of age. Under-age adopters can apply, but you will need to refer to the front page and re-read the adopters section for the details on how to do so.
[list][*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
    [list][*]Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url]

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:
[list][*][url=][/url] has been assigned [url=][/url]
[*][url=][/url] has been assigned [url=][/url][/list]

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=52287]Celozon[/url], [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=69135]AquilaFuga[/url], [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=73175]Panne[/url],  [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=192584]Porcelaine[/url], [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4350]Fat Unicorn[/url] and [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22881]Nadine[/url].

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the [b][url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1455607l]Newbie Guide & Index[/url][/b], if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

Posting updated List
>can be posted as a separate post or to the bottom of the post accepting adopters and assigning newbies<

Updated list as of page >insert page number<

>copy current list, remove all adopters that have been assigned a newbie, add all adopters that have been accepted since the last update to the bottom, add any adopters that need to go to the top of the list<

[center][b][size=130]The List[/size][/b]

[url=profile URL]Username[/url](language, if any)
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url]
[url=][/url][/center]

Messaging adopters
>if they have been assigned a specific newbie because of language, be sure to mention that the newbie prefers that they speak that language<

You have been assigned to a newbie for the Adopt a Newbie program. Your newbies is [url=profile URL]Username[/url]. Please be sure to PM them letting them know that you are their adopter. If you are unable to answer any of their questions feel free to post on the thread and we will do our best to help. If your newbie does not or stops replying, and you would like to help someone new, repost your form on the thread. Please specify if you were able to help your newbie at all. If you have any problems with your newbie feel free to post or PM me or one of the thread-mods.

Thank you.
Last edited by Celozon on Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby Celozon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 am

~Reserved for future use~
Last edited by Celozon on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby Celozon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:26 am

~Reserved for future use~
Last edited by Celozon on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me