The General Helpers

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: The General Helpers

Postby JessIcat1988 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Thank you Zel. I had no idea that's where they came from lol i just read a guide on them too
o.o no wonder I missed them that is very rare indeed xD
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 2 people.
I have received 2 gifts.

Going through a hard time..need some escapism..
~JessIcat1988~
JessIcat1988

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hamegg » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:31 am

I just Joined and I really enjoy this Collecting of pets! :D
I'm Kayley. I love to draw and cosplay. :3
Hamegg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soulsearcher77 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:15 am

Hello, I was wondering if someone could please tell me why I can’t send PMs or Add a message to a trade post. I haven’t had a CS since 2008? I can’t remember how I managed to figure it out the first time haha.
PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT, I WONT BE BACK! Thank you for everything, the CS community is truly amazing! I hate to leave it but I’m ready for a disconnect on most if not all of my social media interactions! You all have been great and I thank you for making my short time on CS enjoyable☺️
Soulsearcher77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Laelia » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Soulsearcher77 wrote:Hello, I was wondering if someone could please tell me why I can’t send PMs or Add a message to a trade post. I haven’t had a CS since 2008? I can’t remember how I managed to figure it out the first time haha.

Hello! This is taken from the FAQ (a very helpful thread, I suggest giving it a read):

"When users first register, they are added to a "Newly Registered Users" group with limited privileges. They are able to post in the forums, but their post will not be visible until a moderator approves it. They are able to send trades, but they may not send messages until this post is approved. This is to make sure the player is a real person and not a spambot. Once your first post has been approved, you will be able to post freely, as well as send trade messages and PMs."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI will be inactive and will not have access to the internet.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTaking a hiatus. I hope to return soon, thanks for the understanding c:

ireallylovedogs
x░░░░░░░

LINKS
━━ ❀ ━━
trade thread
━━ ❀ ━━
site rules
FAQ
help ticket
PM me
newbie guide

━━ ❀ ━━

░░░░░░░x
xxxxxxxxxx
x
Lia - She/her
Hufflepuff - Vegetarian

#teamduckymcduckface

PM's/trades are open <3
x

xxxxxxxxxx
x
Laelia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serek » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:15 am

Is there a way to search for an username?
Serek
he/him
Serek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:13 am

Nomekxdpl wrote:Is there a way to search for an username?

You can use the member search to look up other users c:
    It's found by going to the "Members" link located directly above your logout link, and then clicking the "Find a member" option in the letter bar

If you only remember parts of someone's username, you can enter a * at the end of your search to look for usernames that are similar to what you entered.^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby X Emo Princess X » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:59 pm

I just have a question.
Whenever I post a new post in a thread with an image, it says "need to be reviewed by a CS moderator. Later, when I post "bump" in adoption threads, it again says, "needs to be approved by CS staff". The thing is, this isn't always the case when I post "bump" or just words.
My question is this; why does it keep doing that?

I must apologize for the long post question.

I also have another question. How do you become a General Helper? I was looking in the "announcements" forum, but couldn't find anything about General Helpers.
xxxxxxImage
xx.xxყơų ƙıƖƖ
xxx.x๏г ץ๏ย ๔เє......
xxxxx໐r ฯ໐น ໓iē คຖ໓...

xxxxxɎØɄ ₭łⱠⱠ!

X Emo Princess X

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:23 pm

X Emo Princess X wrote:I just have a question.
Whenever I post a new post in a thread with an image, it says "need to be reviewed by a CS moderator. Later, when I post "bump" in adoption threads, it again says, "needs to be approved by CS staff". The thing is, this isn't always the case when I post "bump" or just words.
My question is this; why does it keep doing that?

I must apologize for the long post question.

I also have another question. How do you become a General Helper? I was looking in the "announcements" forum, but couldn't find anything about General Helpers.

Heya! c:
    CS has a system in place that will check posts for links from potentially unsafe sources. This affects both plain links, and images used in your posts. So sometimes posts will need to be reviewed by a moderator before they are published, to make sure everything's alright with that post's content.
    If you've been a member here for a bit longer you'll eventually be able to post images more freely, it's just a precaution that happens a lot more frequently with new users, since we need to make sure they didn't register just to spam our forums with unsafe content.^^

If a post of yours is in the approval queue, the same may also happen with your next posts.

As for the other question:
    General Helpers (as well as Moderators) are chosen through a process of application.
    When the CS team needs new members for those positions, one of our admins will post a forum-wide announcement thread about it. There's a time frame during which you will then be able to fill out and send in an application form. These forms are evaluated by the staff team (and can only be seen by them), and together they will discuss who they think would make the best pick.
    At the end, an admin will notify the selected candidates and offer them the position.

There isn't a set date for when applications open, but usually we have openings roughly every two years. It depends on the activity of the current team - for example there may be a need for more people if several staff members have recently retired from their positions.
    The threads actually are still up in the announcements forum - here's the most recent one that included GH applications.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby X Emo Princess X » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Okay, thank you ZEL. That make sense with newer users, never know about newer users haha
I just have another question about becoming a General Helper.
How long must you be on CS before you can apply to be a General Helper or any position for CS staff team?
xxxxxxImage
xx.xxყơų ƙıƖƖ
xxx.x๏г ץ๏ย ๔เє......
xxxxx໐r ฯ໐น ໓iē คຖ໓...

xxxxxɎØɄ ₭łⱠⱠ!

X Emo Princess X

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:38 pm

X Emo Princess X wrote:Okay, thank you ZEL. That make sense with newer users, never know about newer users haha
I just have another question about becoming a General Helper.
How long must you be on CS before you can apply to be a General Helper or any position for CS staff team?

Usually the minimum on the application is 8 months c:
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me