Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby S0URBUGZ » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:13 am

Username: caspianallieandoid
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I only speak English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Through a YouTube video about a similar website, CS was mentioned and I became interested.
What do you like best so far?: Forum games, they're really fun :)
Any questions?: Not about this particular subject, no.
Call me Vincent/Vinnie
he/him
certified idiot, perpetually needing sleep
If y'all have any cool pictures of bugs or birds please send them to me
I am a Citizen of Kurtistown
Feel free to send me a PM if you wanna chat!

carrd
S0URBUGZ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit_with_a_fedora » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:24 am

Username: RabbitWithATophat

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): French (Canadian, i may not know many french idioms but can communicate fluently)

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Many times, especially for this year's Dec 18th. Uhh ive lost the links, im so sorry!!

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: When i first started CS, around a year ago, I was absolutely confused by everything. the interface, the languages, the 'list' and 'URs', the forums and especially the oekaki. i figured it out eventually, but it would have been much easier if I had someone to help me. now that i am a veteran of the first weeks of CS, i believe it is my time to help others who are just joining this great site.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: more than once a day, and i am on daily

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes!

spiffy (so i can find my post)
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes!
hi, i'm rabbit!
she/her or any pronouns
canadian (i speak english, canadian french and i'm learning danish! i speak mandarin at home but i'm not super fluent in writing or reading it)

check out my grab bags/trading thread: xx

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

rabbit_with_a_fedora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sumashira » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:43 am

I helped me newbie! I'd love another. :)

sumashira wrote:Username: sumashira
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): - - -
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS?: Yes; I have adopted multiple newbies in past AAN threads as well as occasionally helping in the CS Help, Suggestions, and Problems board.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've been a member of CS since July 2010 and I know my way around very well at this point. I'm very friendly and love having the opportunity to help others.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on CS daily, usually multiple times a day for at least 10 minutes or so each time. I always get notifications for PMs.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I did.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!

- -
Hi there! You can call me suma!
- -
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
- -
If you missed an outcome or you
want to paperclip, send me a trade!
- -
ImageImage
- -
frog art made for me by PumpkinCatCarnival (TH)
sumashira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Domino Tricks » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:26 am

Domino Tricks wrote:Username: Domino Tricks
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Not fluent in anything else.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: The occasional question here-and-there so I'm not sure how I would even go about finding them all again.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Because I know how it felt when I was first figuring out the website, and how overwhelmed I was. Plus I would like to be able to help someone else out, even if it's just a single question. I like to help people because I think the world could use some more help these days. (And if I don't know the answer to something I will try my best to find it, if I am unable for whatever reason to answer the question I will say so upfront /and, or/ find someone else who can.)
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Everyday, usually 3-4 visits between 12pm-7pm EST with an average of 30mins at a time. Although on weekends it can range from 11am-10pm.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, I try my best to be polite to everyone I meet anyways.

My newbie never responded so I'm applying again.
x[ Artshop ]
x[ Mythlings ]
x[ © ]
My name is Cas, I go by He/they.
I draw for c$, pets, and Flight Rising currencies.
DMs always open.
x
Domino Tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AriReigh » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:16 am

*Removed, sorry! ^^’*
Last edited by AriReigh on Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AriReigh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheOxRaven » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Username: TheOxRaven
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My Wife showed me the game and I thought it was interesting. Wanted to start out.
What do you like best so far?: the animal designs and concepts.
Any questions?: Not yet lok
TheOxRaven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alluring » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:56 pm

My newbie never messaged me back!
Image Image Image
remember to always thank people when they do something nice for you
also i may appear as online because i always keep cs open so may not actually be online! c:

th ` da` trade me ` art shop `
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ check out my art shop! ❞

Feel free to private message me any time if you ever need help or need adult advice/comforting or just need a friend. Life can get hard! Don't go it alone. You are loved <3
Alluring

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyan.skies » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:15 am

Username: cyan.skies
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): none
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: nothing specific but when people i've been talking to on here have had questions i've given advice on things before and i'd love to be able to help more
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i've been on this site since 2016 and spend far too much time here, so it's fair to say i know my way around the site! i also remember being really confused when i first joined and using a lot of online tutorials to help me get around the site, and it would have been so much easier if i'd known about this, so i'm super eager to be able to provide support for newer players to help make joiner the website easier and ore welcoming for them! i also really just love helping people out and i'm always online and answering pms anyway so i'd be an easily accessible source of help for newbies that need it!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i check in daily, usually several times a day unless anything particularly important keeps me offline, and i always do a check in on pms and such every morning and evening.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: i did!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course i agree!
cyan.skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XAmaterasuX » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:38 am

Username: XAmaterasuX
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: PokeFarm Q
What do you like best so far?: The pets! Especially the butterfly wolves
Any questions?: Honestly I just joined this morning 2:23 am (CT)so I need help with Everything!
XAmaterasuX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midde » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:45 am

I was able to help out my Newbie and so far they haven't needed anymore help.
I'd like to re-apply, thanks and Happy New Year's! <3
Username: Midde
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: N/A
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I feel I'm ready to help another Newbie because I've always done my best to answer any questions they may have and I'm always kind, friendly, and patient towards most anyone.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm on CS daily usually 1-2 hours and can be more active during the weekends.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree.
|Adult||Nov. 15th|♂ Any Pronouns|MST/MDT|Nocturnal|
{Adopt a Newbie}{Freebie Group}{Music}
Midde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me