Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Red Velvet » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:46 pm

fink wrote:Username:fink
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English):Spanish
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s:Not present in posts, although I have had plenty of prior experience helping newbies on this site
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?:Ive been accepted on this thread before and had no trouble with helping newer users
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?:Depends on the day of the week, but I usually can pop in at least once a day
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?:Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:Yes

I sent a message to my newbie in October but they havent logged in since their initial post on this thread, please put me back on the list
────────────────◆───────────────
Image Adult ♂
────────────────◆───────────────

██████████████████████████
Hello there! I'm Red Velvet. I may not
be around much, but I'm glad to be here!
If you ever need to contact me, please send
a PM, although keep in mind I'm an adult.
Pretty Little Moon's profile. Read about
SMA syndrome. Send a PM to me.
██████████████████████████
Red Velvet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Highland » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:37 am

Aqua Tofana~ wrote:Username: .Hades. (Used to be Aqua Tofana~)

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): just English

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have, but it was for my friend her user is Juniperwhisker. I got her to create an account and I helped her navigate her way through until she got comfortable enough to know what to do. I also helped a newbie with the username “Trout”

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: when I first joined it took me forever to figure out what to do. I’d like to help out newbies so they can have fun and understand how to work through the site. I’d like to help them with anything they need. Whether it be questions about if a trade is fair, or how to code, or how to post on the forums.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on at least 5/7 days of the week. I’m on for at least 4-5 hours a day.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course.

Reapplying!
Last edited by Highland on Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
x“You should never say ‘who's there?’
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDon't you watch scary movies? It's a death wish” ©
Highland || adult || xx || stay alive
Thriller/scary movie aficionado

Highland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sumashira » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:07 am

I reached out to my newbie and got a response, so I'd love to be added to the end for future adoption. ^^

sumashira wrote:Username: sumashira
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): - - -
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS?: Yes; I have adopted multiple newbies in past AAN threads as well as frequently helping in the CS Help, Suggestions, and Problems board.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've been a member of CS since July 2010 and I know my way around very well at this point. I'm very friendly and love having the opportunity to help others.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on CS daily, usually multiple times a day for at least 10 minutes or so each time. I always get notifications for PMs.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I did.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!

- -
Hi there! You can call me suma!
- -
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
- -
If you missed an outcome or you
want to paperclip, send me a trade!
- -
ImageImage
- -
frog art made for me by PumpkinCatCarnival (TH)
sumashira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanical_Hive » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:10 am

Username: willowbear
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language? prefer english but can decipher pigpen
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: the chrome extension
What do you like best so far?: everything
Any questions?: not at the moment
Mechanical_Hive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelhearth » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:29 am

Username: Angelhearth
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): German
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, mostly on the Is this a fair trade thread. But I also helped an IRL friend to get set up on this page(there is no post for that though) I can link the fair trade thread posts if required? But there’s a lot
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Because I know how it felt being a Newbie without help. I spent a lot of time getting familiar with how the site works and can now explain everything besides roleplay. I am also willing to do research in case I’m unsure about my answer and I have a lot of time due to online school. It’s always great to help others and I’m usually a friendly person(I try not to write when I feel unfriendly). I’ve also been a member since 2016 so there’s that.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: During Events everyday, multiple times a day. During normal times usually once a day checking in if the pound is gonna open soon, trading a bit, looking at my pets. The actual time I spend on CS varies quite a bit, but since I do online School atm I spend a lot of time on CS while listening to lectures.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I did.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I solemnly swear.
ImageImageImage
Angelhearth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midde » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:25 pm

I was able to help out my Newbie this round! Haven't heard any further questions so I guess they're set.
With that I'd like to Re-apply, thanks and Happy Howlidays! <3

Username: Midde
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: N/A
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I feel I'm ready to help another Newbie because I've always done my best to answer any questions they may have and I'm always kind, friendly, and patient towards most anyone.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm on CS daily usually 1-2 hours and can be more active during the weekends.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree.
|Adult||Nov. 15th|♂ Any Pronouns|MST/MDT|Nocturnal|
{Adopt a Newbie}{Freebie Group}{Music}
Midde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morrighan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Username: Morrighan
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Norwegian, but I also speak and write English. However, I do struggle with understanding slang words and abbreviations.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friend Clopin joined this site in mid-November and told me about it last night, so here I am. :)
What do you like best so far?: Everything - the graphics, the animals - and the friendly members here. I feel so welcome. <3
Any questions?: Not at the moment. For the moment I am just browsing the archives and enjoying the sight of the beautiful animals.
Morrighan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firai » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:28 am

Username: Firai
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A friend told me there was a pet collecting game he found and being animal addicted i came rightaway OwO
What do you like best so far?: CATS! Purple cats xD all cats lmao
Any questions?: Where's the wishlist? someone told me about it and i'm a bit lost in the website, also, do we need to feed the animals for them to grow...? erhms if so, where's the menu for doing so OwO Any animal parks? like to take your pet out and stuff, or to make them happy OwO
Firai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Conqueror of Demons » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:46 pm

Username: Wrenstar
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I love animals so I was looking for animal games alone and found this
What do you like best so far?: I love the foxes even though I only have two ^^
Any questions?: Is there any other way to get more animals besides adopting and getting the Christmas stuff?
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Why do I try?
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Give me a reason why
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
━━━━━ Fancy Titles Mean Nothing ━━━━━
╔═══════════╗

Hello! My name is
Katrina
and I am currently
a senior (in highschool).
I'm always open to trades!
If you need to
vent/want a friend,
my dms are open!
I gift randomly!
My bf is cheating
But thats okay!!
━━━━━━━━━━━━
link | link | link
link | link | link
link | link | link
link | link | link

╚═══════════╝
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
Conqueror of Demons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Domino Tricks » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:15 pm

Username: Domino Tricks
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Not fluent in anything else.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: The occasional question here-and-there so I'm not sure how I would even go about finding them all again.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Because I know how it felt when I was first figuring out the website, and how overwhelmed I was. Plus I would like to be able to help someone else out, even if it's just a single question. I like to help people because I think the world could use some more help these days. (And if I don't know the answer to something I will try my best to find it, if I am unable for whatever reason to answer the question I will say so upfront /and, or/ find someone else who can.)
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Everyday, usually 3-4 visits between 12pm-7pm EST with an average of 30mins at a time. Although on weekends it can range from 11am-10pm.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, I try my best to be polite to everyone I meet anyways.
x[ Artshop ]
x[ Mythlings ]
x[ © ]
My name is Cas, I go by He/they.
I draw for c$, pets, and Flight Rising currencies.
DMs always open.
x
Domino Tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me