Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby DeadCorvids » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:40 pm

Username: DeadCorvids
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: FlightRising
What do you like best so far?: The PPS kitties!
Any questions?: Umm... I'm just a bit confused on everything to be honest
DeadCorvids

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midde » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:51 pm

I heard back from my Newbie but they've never asked for help and it's been a week with no further reply. Re-applying, thanks! <3

Username: Midde
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: N/A
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I feel I'm ready to help another Newbie because I've always done my best to answer any questions they may have and I'm always kind, friendly, and patient towards most anyone.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm on CS daily usually 1-2 hours and can be more active during the weekends.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree.
|Adult||Nov. 15th|♂ Any Pronouns|MST/MDT|Nocturnal|
{Adopt a Newbie}{Freebie Group}{Music}
Midde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluegills » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:34 pm

Username: bluegills

If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is good!

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Someone on animal jam told me about it a few years ago, but I came back because I found the password the other day and decided to check it out.

What do you like best so far?: I like collecting pets, but I don't really know how that all works, so right now I'm enjoying the art aspect.

Any questions?: Not specifically, but I think it's more because I don't know what I don't know lol
bluegills

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S3V3NDE3DLYSINS » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:17 am

Username:S3V3NDE3DLYSINS
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Just english:)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A similar site (Lioden)
What do you like best so far?: I literally just joined so idk
Any questions?: I don't have any yet, probably because I don't know what I'm doing lol
S3V3NDE3DLYSINS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grey matter » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:51 am

Username: Dr. Lord HexSpecs!
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Not applicable, I'm afraid.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: 1 2 (unclear) 3 (attempted)
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I'm generally skilled in the Roleplaying and Forum Game sides of things, have a good grasp on rarities that aren't VRs and OMGSRs (the pet economy up there boggles me) and I'd be willing to give my newbie extra starter pets, perhaps granting them a slight advantage, or at least making them feel good about having rares that early. I am a welcoming person, generally speaking. I want my newbies to have the potential to have a longlasting CS friend if we have enough in common, and if not a friend in the interest sense or any other sense, then at least someone to turn to or just as an acquaintance, at least! EDIT: Realized I might be able to help on some basic BBCode fronts as well!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on almost daily (occasionally sparing weekends) but I'm rather sporadic in my exact times. Sometimes I'm online for 8 hours, sometimes not even one. I will also have the potential to be on vacation soon but if I have a newbie under my wing I'll probably be online more often, or I'll at least try to be, unless IRL circumstances get to me.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I do! And if I manage to mix something up in my head, I'll refer back to it to make sure I'm doing things right!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes! I'll try my hardest to, and I'll make sure to use tone indicators in case anything seems vague because, well, I might be like that sometimes on accident. Hopefully the theming of villainy doesn't intimidate my newbie(s)...
jade from internet (inactive account)
he/him
grey matter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aljofar17 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:36 am

Username: Aljofar17
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I speak both English and Spanish, the latter being my mother tongue.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I found a facebook group about it. I thought it was a curious name so i had to look it up and now here we are.
What do you like best so far?: i dont know anything i just want to adopt pets and make friends!
Any questions?: How do you adopt pets? Are there certain rules of etiquette for posting on the forums? What kind of currency does the site have? Is real money used to make some purchases? Thank you in advance!
Aljofar17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moon_Phoenix » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:30 am

Username: Moon_Phoenix
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: none
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: a good friend of mine plays
What do you like best so far?: the variety of different pets
Any questions?:
Moon_Phoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kymeria » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:20 pm

Hello !

Username: Kymeria
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: French
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Oh... I believe it was via another adoptables site but I was already there before, I resume the game since December 1 only ...
What do you like best so far?: The différents pets that make us want to discover them.
Any questions?: None for a moment.

Thanks ^-^
Kymeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:23 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenYeenBean » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:58 am

Username:GrumpyQueenie
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): none
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: sadly no
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i had to learn with friends and asking when i do trades, iv had many people get upset with me when i asked withen a trade and i dont want someone to go through that and be discouraged
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: atleast once a day and i leave it up all day, if i get offline i will tell my newbie
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?:yes,i have them bookmarked just incase i forget
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:i agree, no one should have to deal with the negitivity i received when learning on this site, i hope everyone whos new learns everything they need too. thnak you for considering me.

-Adult
- Artist
- Owner of Halomorphs

QueenYeenBean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me