Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby TedTed13 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Username:TedTed13
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English):None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I try to answer questions here and there, but not really. But there's a first time for everything!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I really want to help someone like I was helped by this thread when I first joined. I have learned quite a bit about the site in my few years here so far and feel like I'm at a point where I can and should share some of my knowledge. I want to make sure that new players can meet someone on CS that can talk to and consider a friend, as that is a huge part of what being in this community is about.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Normally every day for at least an hour or two. Even when I'm not online, when at home I usually leave my emails open so I can see new messages.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 1 right now.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!
TedTed13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon & AquilaFuga

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairywren » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:34 am

Username: fairywren
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): -
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: no, sadly.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i really love to help people, and believe that i could do a good job at mentoring someone about cs.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i come online at least once per day, and remain on for around 5-10 more hours after that ^^
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 1
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yeah, haha.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes!
hi

:D <3
fairywren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zillyhoo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:11 am

Username: flying-mint-bunny ⌒(・x・)⌒
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am in Japanese but also good at English (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My neice, very nice! Introduced me here
What do you like best so far?: The people !!!
Any questions?: I do not have to wait for someone who speaks Japanese for help (ง •̀ω•́)ง✧
♫ maybe we're meant to lose the ones we love, ♩

robbie
he/him | ∞ ✡
local fall out boy, trigun and iasip fan
art source
ImageImageImage

♩ but I'll fight for you 'til then ♫

[ @eveningout ] gifts sent in 2021: 78 | 2022: 4 | 2023: 24
zillyhoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Username: izzyayg
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: not on a post but I’ve adopted a newbie before : )
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I am very helpful and know the website well!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: normally everyday
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 2!
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yep!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course!
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormRyder » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Username: StormRyder
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): german
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: No, however I am a helper on HorseEdenEventing and HorseIsle
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I love helping people, and I know the site like the back of my hand. I have helped newbies on many sites, including the two mentioned above. I am very much a people person and absolutely love the idea of getting to help others. When I first joined a year or two ago, I actually didn't know about this program, and I sure could have used it! After figuring everything put myself though, I would be honored to have the chance to save a newbie from the same struggle.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm usually on every day off and on. Probably 2 hours total
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 1 or 2 for now. May change later.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes.
StormRyder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Extralink » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am

Username: Extralink
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: --
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I've heard about it from friends
What do you like best so far?: The Butterfly Wolves
Any questions?: None at the moment How do the giveaway threads work?
Last edited by Extralink on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mis -- 18 -- Happy to make friends
Extralink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Need Help With Something

Postby AshRave » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:34 pm

How are you supposed to get your pet collection going at a faster rate here??
I barely got an account here a few days back and it isn't letting me adopt that many pets.
I even go to the pound and it always says "the pound will not be open for 3 more hours or five more hours...or whatever. I only ever managed to get one pet from the pound and I think that the pound times should be based on the time you spent personally playing the game..like getting a guarented pet every three hours you play the game? I am not talking about being logged in, but actually playing the game actively...
Feel free to add me!
AshRave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Need Help With Something

Postby Spencer Reid » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:35 am

AshRave wrote:How are you supposed to get your pet collection going at a faster rate here??
I barely got an account here a few days back and it isn't letting me adopt that many pets.
I even go to the pound and it always says "the pound will not be open for 3 more hours or five more hours...or whatever. I only ever managed to get one pet from the pound and I think that the pound times should be based on the time you spent personally playing the game..like getting a guarented pet every three hours you play the game? I am not talking about being logged in, but actually playing the game actively...

You can try trading with other users. Because it's Christmastime, there are users going around 'gift bombing' others. They trade them a bunch of pets expecting nothing in return. Be sure to get all of the advent calendars, and when you adopt pets, adopt the maximum amount. With the pound, sometimes you just have to be lucky. If you come on often enough, you're bound to get pound pets. And if you're bored, check out the forums!
Spencer Reid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilonana2012 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:59 am

Username: ilonana2012
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: French