Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby kayfox5341 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Username: kayfox5341
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Facebook group for another game; someone mentioned this site
What do you like best so far?: The wide variety of pets in all colors and shapes
Any questions?: Just general newbie questions like navigation of forums trades pet growth pound adoptions standard adoptions pet availability changes etc.
kayfox5341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Licorice. » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:39 am

Username: .Tyree.
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: no
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?:
I would love to give them the chance to really experience chicken smoothie and I had a great helper when I was a newbie and I want to pay that forward to the CS community. I am patient and would really like a newbie to be able to really appreciate CS and stay on for many years. While I am still working my way around trades (especially high quantity/rarity) I can help with basic trades. No mater what the issue is, I will try my hardest to help and if I do not know the answer to find someone that can help. We all know what it is like to be new on CS and hopefully, with this program the newbies will not feel so lost in all of the rarities, friends, foes, trading ect. I really want this to be a welcoming experience for them so they will stay.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?:
About every day and from anywhere from 5 minutes (in the morning) to having the tab open and periodically checking back over the course of the day (this is usually more on the weekends). Typically in the afternoon I can be on more than in the morning.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): for right now I think that 2 will be plenty :D but hopefully more in years to come
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Licorice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adopt a Newbie

Postby daz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Username: daz

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: not on any 'adopt a newbie' platform. i'm sure i've assisted someone in my years of being on the site, but nowhere notable.

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: albeit my activity on this website in the past year has completely tanked, i still like to keep up to date on what's happening. i spent a large portion of my life on CS. as silly as it sounds, this website contributed in the molding of me as a person. i have met my closest friends, and i flourished with the rough beginnings of my true passion for literature. i have an appreciation for the family friendly basis that this site upholds. if i am to be given a newbie to watch over, i'd be more than happy to offer any assistance that i possibly am capable of giving. i like to think i'm well-versed in several CS-based things, and i'm an approachable person who actually takes great pleasure in answering questions. i'd love the opportunity to make a new friend in general, and advising a newbie looking for a fun little escape here like i once did.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i'm sure my current post status states otherwise, but in the case that i have reason to log on--especially now with the christmas advent calendar and everything, aha--daily. i'm frankly an avid night owl, so i stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed into the later hours. pretty much always hanging around.

How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): i will happily assist one for the moment. we'll see how it goes c:

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes.

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course.
█████████████████
-----------------------------------------------
HELLO
C R Y B A B Y !!

hmm

1x1 search ;; always eager for a group roleplay.
he/him ;; adult ;; infp/infj ;; libra ;; queer
hey there, i'm daz.
i'm sort of a cs vet, working on my own novels now.
writing constantly alongside my girlfriend + our four
cats. identifiable as a colored hair enthusiast, a
professional lefty, and an exhausted writer on
constant autopilot.

my pm box is open for site-related questions &
friendship whenever needed.

my kids // link // link link link
-----------------------------------------------
█████████████████
daz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sleepwalking » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Username: sleepwalking
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): German and Lithuanian
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I don't remember anything specific but hey, there is always a first time! :)

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I had such a great experience getting adopted about a year ago. I would love to give my help to someone else so they can start off with a save, welcoming experience.
I'm furthermore flexible with three languages and yes, I actually speak all of them. I know my way around in all paths of interests I know of (art, coding, collecting, roleplaying, competition hosting...) so I could concentrate on the specific interests of my assigned newbie and work my way through all of them in an order chosen by the person.
It makes me so happy to share my knowledge with someone who will deeply appreciate it and there are defenetly some facts you need to know when starting off or else it will take a long time to figure them out on your own.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Actually when having someone to guard I don't even think twice to log in just for some minutes whenever I can to check whether or not I've got a new message: Most likely three times a day (morning, dinner time, evening). The time of each session can variate from minutes to the maximum of an hour.

How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): I would love to start off with two since I can later on raise the number to fill my time.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course, I would love to
sleepwalking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Painted Fox » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:25 am

I sent my newbie a PM several months ago, and they haven't replied. I can't find my old form, so I'll fill out a new one.

Username: Painted Fox
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have several times on other forums, but I can't find my posts.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I'm always open to helping anyone at anytime with anything. I'd love to help a Newbie get to know the site!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: During the weekends, I'm almost constantly on. I use Mobile a lot during week days at school and I spend a considerable amount of time on.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): As many as I can! So, 5!
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yep!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!
────────────────────────── ( WHO DIES )
───────────────────
⋆ She/Her ⋆ FR ⋆ Queer ⋆ Theatre ⋆
IG ⋆ Adult ⋆ Short ⋆ C$ Store

───────────────────
x.C R E D I T !! .x
───────────────────
── ( who tells ) ──
Painted Fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Umbrella Academy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Username: Problematique
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): none
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've adopted a newbie before so I guess that counts
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have lots of information on this, and have adopted before!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Every day, usually over an hour!
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 5
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Watch Umbrella Academy on Netflix!
Umbrella Academy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tom.holland.4.life » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:39 am

Username: rainbows&gay
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: my boyfriend showed me a picture of a white dog wearing a blue hoodie. its my dream pet.
What do you like best so far?: the pets
Any questions?: uhh how do I get my favouriye pet?
-----[X]-----

TOM
AND
HIS
BEAUTIFUL
PITBULL
TESSA

-----[X]-----

hey guys i'm tom.holland.4.life
but my real name is alan so you
can either call me alan or tom.
tom is my biggest inspiration
and i love him so much! <3

male - gay - single

-----[X]-----
tom.holland.4.life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby storm coming. » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 am

rainbows&gay wrote:Username: rainbows&gay
      How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: my boyfriend showed me a picture of a white dog wearing a blue hoodie. its my dream pet.
      What do you like best so far?: the pets
      Any questions?: uhh how do I get my favouriye pet?

to answer your question, you can mostly get your favorite pet ( or dreamie, if you will )
      through trading! keep in mind that if it's a higher rarity/demand pet, it might take more
      fodder ( or pets ) of yours to trade away. sometimes it takes awhile to get certain pets on
      the site, but don't give up hope quite yet! you can go to the cs free adoption forums and
      get rares through some giveaways, possibly even your dreamie if you are lucky enough.
      remember to follow the rules of the forum and topic so that you don't get into any trouble.
      the rares that you achieve through trading/cs free adoptions might help you to trade up to
      your dreamie and/or favorite pet. another way to get more rares is to check in with the
      pound. my advice is to add rares to your WL ( you can do so through the archives ) so that
      you know which pets are rare when the pound opens! you could also put your creativity
      to use in the art shops forums, through art or coding.

if you would like to pm me to tell me what your favorite pet is, i can tell you the worth of
      the pet so that you have a general idea. that way, you are sure not to overpay for it haha c:
storm coming.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •єтнαи• » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:09 pm

Username: Endosmaug360
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I saw people talk about it on a different game that I play (Animal Jam).
What do you like best so far?: I like all the different pets! They're suuuuper cute!
Any questions?:
-Trading
-Posting on the forms

Is this still relevant? I'm not sure how to check if it is, I'm just looking for some help.
•єтнαи•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:54 pm

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon & AquilaFuga

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me