Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby ↫mars↬ » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:24 am

↫mars↬ wrote:Username: ↫mars↬

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Only English

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Not beyond answering any questions in certain threads

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?:
I have been a member on CS since 2009 and since joining I haven't been away for more than a few months. I've seen this site change and grow and have made a decent few mistakes of my own! I wish I had someone older when I first joined to show me the ropes and how to get to know this website. Outside of CS, I try my best to help my family and friends with any problems they may have, and I've been looking to expand this to CS, to help strangers with anything they may need. I consider myself Queer and I have experiance working with people who identify as such or may be thinking they may identify in a similar way. I love to help people out in any way I can and I would love to help out any newbies that have any questions what so ever, CS or non-CS related.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?:
More often these days, but I've been on daily for the past few months.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!

I believe my newbie has been helped! I'm ready to be put back on the list.
Pet's name: Flygon
    Here and Queer!

A Pie!

Previously 'Dan Avidan' and 'Batman.'
~ I am currently mostly offline. Please excuse any messages left unanswered or drawing requests left undone. ~

↫mars↬

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klebonez » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:26 am

I mean on this specific account It was made recently but I have been with diff accs on here since around 2017 and I really would like to participate~ and I mean maybe maybe a new fren

oh- and my names veronica jus call me roni

if it helps ill help u identify mushrooms and fungi, some plants..? heh//

and and I am fully fluent in english and spanish- spanish more coming from mexico .w. but ii'll understand other places

“𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬𝐧’𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥.”

― 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐕𝐞𝐲

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Klebonez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanical_Hive » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:28 am

Username: willowbear
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: only english
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: i found the extension then looked it up
What do you like best so far?: all the pets
Any questions?: not really i still need help though
Mechanical_Hive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:55 am

gothboiclique wrote:I mean on this specific account It was made recently but I have been with diff accs on here since around 2017 and I really would like to participate~ and I mean maybe maybe a new fren

oh- and my names veronica jus call me roni

if it helps ill help u identify mushrooms and fungi, some plants..? heh//

and and I am fully fluent in english and spanish- spanish more coming from mexico .w. but ii'll understand other places

if you'd like to be adopted, please read this post, and fill out the form!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maple_Spider » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:39 am

Username: Maple_Spider
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: No, not yet!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I enjoy helping others out, and keeping them updated on how the ropes work. I've always found it fulfilling to see someone I helped get accepted into a community, and make friends! I also wish to help others get used to this website so they don't end up confused for a while. ^^
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm usually on all week. On weekdays, I'm typically online alot, though the schedule is spotty due to classes. On weekends, I'm on all day. All nights are valid for me to be online.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I understand.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!
Maple_Spider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EpickFaylia » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:48 am

Username: EpickFaylia (Previously Epick, but due to personal reasons, I created a new account)
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I sporadically donate pets and older commons to donation centers and ever since my s/o Kinedar joined, I've been helping her collect dragons when I see them.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I love making new friends and helping people collect things and I want to be a reason why people have fond memories of this site.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I usually bounce between here, toyhouse, and instagram all throughout the day.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes
EpickFaylia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby periwinkle93084 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Username: Periwinkle93084
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: It's english
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: searching for virtual pet sites
What do you like best so far?: I love the Halloween pets - my hamsters are so cute
Any questions?: Just brand new and trying to figure everything out
periwinkle93084

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zatch Bell » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:31 am

Username: Zatch Bell
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Spanish, I can help Hungarian users as well
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have not, I have however received a ton of help in my first years of chickensmoothie.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've been in this site for a while and grown a little more confident in my abilities to navigate through the site, find specific forums and threads as well as getting the resources needed to fairly trade. I have also become much less shy so I'd like to take advantage of that in order to meet and help new people.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: These days I am online pretty much 3-4 consecutive hours a day and I check back in here every 15 minutes or so.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes
Zatch Bell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Cactusz_Corner_ » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:58 am

Username: SkyGuy
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I’m fluent in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I found it on scratch.mit.edu when someone was saying they were leaving.
What do you like best so far?: How nice everyone is.
Any questions?: Not yet.
I’m Icarus/Cactus/Leo! You can also call me Trey or Domino! I’m just your weird teenage German-American female who draws cats who act like humans :3 I’m currently obsessed with Warrior Cats, Wings Of Fire, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D, and Phish (the band)! After a while off of here my profile is a huge WIP

I’m trying to collect all the scythes! If you want to trade me one, that would be great!

Now go gift @Nymeriia
_Cactusz_Corner_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:44 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

• Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist