Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby FurOfHawk » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Reapplying because I didn't give enough info;
Username:MarkSepticEye
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: [u=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3385523]Here[/u]
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have a great deal of patience and I enjoy helping others, and have plenty of time to do so, as I'm on almost every single day and have stacks of experience. I also want to give something back to CS and help out a community, because it was something I wish I had access to back when I first joined!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Almost everyday, for a great deal of time (2-3 hours at a time)
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yep!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I do!

Trades | Art Shop | © |

━━━━ ☽ ◯ ☾ ━━━━

Hawk | Adult | UK
♥ WOF ♥ Warrior Cats ♥
✦ Artist ✦

My Life, You electrify my life ❞

FurOfHawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kirstenthegleek » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:45 am

Username: OwlWings
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Found it online
What do you like best so far?: Watching the pets grow
Any questions?:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Sup, I'm Kirsten, shot me a PM if you want to talk.
I'm just an average teenage horse loving gay kid, hope to see you around.

Kirstenthegleek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Osteo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Username: Fornax
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I've heard of it for a while and I finally decided to join
What do you like best so far?: Not sure
Any questions?:
Osteo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cambion » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:38 pm

My newbie hasn't replied to me at all but its been over a week, so can i be put on the top of the list?

Username:sinnamon roll
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English):nothing else ;;
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s:I have helped out before on Digitally Distinct, but you may need to search a bit, it was a long time ago, I frequent Pixel Pups as the only active moderator, I'm trying to get back into going on TCC and helping others and I have also adopted a newbie before, but they haven't replied to me for weeks.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?:I love to help new Smoothians have a safe transition here and pretty much get the help I never got.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?:Quite frequent, but may be an irregular schedule.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?:Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:I agree to the terms.
cambion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:14 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon, AquilaFuga, Panne, Porcelaine, Fat Unicorn and Nadine.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby d i z z y p i e » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:58 am

I introduced myself to my newbie but I did not help them at all and they haven't pmed me in over a week so please may I be added onto the list please? Thank you!
(I am an underage adopter fyi!)

d i z z y p i e wrote:Username:
d i z z y p i e

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English):
N/A

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s:
I welcome newbies as often as I can on the Introductions Forum and I will link some examples below. I also help people out on the Help Forum and will also link some examples below.
|| Example 1 || Example 2 || Example 3 || Example 4 || Example 5 ||

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?:
Although I haven't been on CS for all that long, I've picked up many tips and tricks which I would love to share with a newbie. I also understand how confusing this website can be when you're new and the annoyance when you look back on early trades XD I enjoy sharing advice so this would be a really nice experience for me!
My adopter helped me out a lot when I was new and I would love to be able to show kindness to a newbie like she did to me!
My friends and family have told me I'm a very kind, accepting and friendly person. Personally, and I think many people share this view, those are good personality traits to have for an adopter. To add to that, I have a lot of knowledge collected from guides I've read and my own mistakes (everyone makes them XD) that would mix well with adopting!

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?:
I'm on CS everyday of the week, for around 30 minutes - 3 hours. Usually for around 60 minutes.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?:
Yup!

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
Of course, I would not be applying if not!
d i z z y p i e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serafin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Username: PokecraftCat

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: This will be the first time I've helped out other than just answering a question here and there in the 'help' Forum.

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I love mentoring newer players once I get the hang of a website! I'm a pretty well-known mentor on PFQ and new players often come to me for help because I'm friendly and approachable. I don't mind answering endless questions and I would actually have a lot of fun explaining the features of Chickensmoothie. :-)

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Every day or two. I often leave it open in another tab and periodically check into it to see if my trades/messages have been responded to. So I'm actively working on trades/posting/reading forums for around an hour, then I'm just hanging out and checking in for anywhere from another hour to all day. It depends, but I'm here pretty often.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!
Looking to trade my stuff for Flight Rising!
Note: Monkeywizard and I are related IRL. We use the same IP and our trades may look unfair sometimes.
Serafin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KasTheAngel » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:14 pm

I hope I'm doing this right? I'm sorry I don't even know how to post on here :lol: I basically need help figuring out the whole game..I've just joined today and so far I've only managed to learn how to adopt pets. I'd appreciate it if anyone is willing to help me learn..

Thank you :D
KasTheAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newbies

Postby KasTheAngel » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Username:KasTheAngel
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is my only language :P
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: a friend from Ovipets
What do you like best so far?: all the adorable animals
Any questions?: yes I have quite a few
KasTheAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Malleo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Username: Herbamater
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: N/A
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I feel that I would be of great help to someone, and I'd try my hardest to teach them everything in my knowledge. I struggled to make friends and understand the site in the beginning, and I wish I would have been a part of this group. I hope I can be there for someone and prevent them from making the mistakes that I made. I have learned a lot in my ~3 years of experience, and I would love to pass it on.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Usually every day, I will check in or work on my groups, trade, and do maintenance on my free pets.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course, and be there to talk whenever needed.
Malleo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me