Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Midde » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:08 pm

I was able to help my Newbie and I haven't received a reply in two weeks. (I'm guessing they're good to go.)
Reapplying, Thanks! c:
Username: Midde
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: N/A
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I feel I'm ready to help another Newbie because I've always done my best to answer any questions they may have and I'm always kind, friendly, and patient towards most anyone.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm on CS daily usually 1-2 hours and can be more active during the weekends.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree.
|Adult||Nov. 15th|♂ Any Pronouns|MST/MDT|Nocturnal|
{Adopt a Newbie}{Freebie Group}{Music}
Midde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michael's Fan. » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Username: Michael's Fan.
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): (N/A)
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Nope, not yet c:.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I should be allowed to adopt a newbie because I have quite a bit of experience here on cs, and know a bunch of basic things: Like the rares list, BBcoding, fair trading, etc. And also because I would be glad to help anyone new. If the newbie I adopted has ANY kind of question, I can answer it!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am online ALL.THE.TIME c: It is extremely rare that I am not on, as I always have CS opened in my tabs, and check it very often. Though there may be occasional time I am not on because I am busy.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 1 is good for now c:.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I did! :D
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes!
Last edited by Michael's Fan. on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ohcrow » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:49 am

Username: MissHedgehog
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Here and there with general questions / inserting images, but I don't have specific post links.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: When I started CS, I had no friends on the site to guide me or point me in the direction I needed. I forget exactly how I found the site. I was super excited to join and start collecting pets. I was invested in mainly this, and had no idea how to work the posts, community, oekaki boards, or anything except the adopt page and the pound. Due to this, I don't remember getting involved in the community until maybe a year later. I think the community and forums are one of the best parts of CS, and I almost regret not being able to get involved and make friends until then. Trades were another problem - I ended up sending and accepting some really unfair trades that I regret making I'd love to help out and guide a new site member through the works of the website and forums.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on periodically throughout the day, allotted time is probably around 2-4 hours. I'm in Eastern Standard Time - online or available most of the day.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yup
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!

and all i lov'd -

they/he/ae | EST

- i lov'd alone.

sig decals
ohcrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~.mango.~ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Username:~.mango.~
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): only english for me.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have never helped in a forum post, but I have been asked questions via PM about what different terms for pets mean (like what a non is) and I have been able to answer them confidently.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I really enjoy helping people on cs, I was really grateful when people helped me when I was trying to figure things out, and I would love to do that for someone else. I've really tried over the past year to make myself familiar with the language and the way things are done on cs and I would love to share that knowledge and help someone else. I also just love teaching and answering questions about whatever someone needs, even if it means that I have to do a bit more research myself to ensure a thorough response. Additionally, I think that I am always the cheeriest version of myself when I am on cs and I love being able to interact and meet new people.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am always checking Chicken Smoothie at every opportunity I have. I will typically spend about 20 minutes on cs at a time, but I check frequently, and it can also be longer than that, depending on what I am doing. I will also often have days over the summer with nothing to do and so I will be on cs while watching Youtube or Netflix and so sometimes I will be on for a few hours at a time.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I did, and I hope that I will get the opportunity to adopt a newbie.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course, I am looking forward to helping out and welcoming a new cs member to the site:)
eden/eddie

coyote

Pet's name: Hanzeri

Pet's name: Rat King

~.mango.~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (they/she)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mysterimoose » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Username: mysterimoose
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: nah, just english
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: i think i found it from somebody on pokeheroes?
What do you like best so far?: the art is pretty
Any questions?: uhh, not sure yet- i would like to know about trading and.. whatever “oekaki” is (posting art?)
🧁
mysterimoose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Useless_123456 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:01 pm

hi :D
Useless_123456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hydrangea780 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi, I’m new!

Username: Hydrangea780
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English and Spanish are both okay with me.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friends in the app ”Drawcast” recommended it to me.
What do you like best so far?: The tranquil environment.
Any questions?:
- I need help coding please (html).
- What’s “Oekaki”, how to use it, how it works, and can I use it in an iPad?
- How do I use items and what for?
-Trading and adopting tips please?
Hydrangea780

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby realkitty56 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:25 am

Username: realkitty56
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Im fluent in english ^w^
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: i played it long ago so there was a long break before i came back!
What do you like best so far?: the art mostly (i have been on here for like 9 months my account mentions, but i came back after like a 5- or 4 month off time, so.. Yep)
Any questions?:
-What would a fair trade be/how to determine rarity is equal a certain pet.
-Rarity system/trading (i have a few pretty good pets, but idk their worth too much/how it works, i often paperclip or undertrade acidently)
-Perferably wanting to know how to code signatures and trading!
【Everyone wants happyness】
【Nobody wants pain】
【But you cant have a rainbow】
【Without any rain】

realkitty56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Korat_ » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:07 pm

hello!

Username:_Korat_
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: friend on youtube
What do you like best so far?: how different this game is to other games and the variate of animals you can collect
Any questions?: i wasn't sure where to send this to, i hope this is the right place to post it and i dont know anything about this game except that i think i will really like it thanks _Korat_
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
head empty - just excited loki
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
_Korat_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me