Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby axelandria » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:45 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panther202 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:37 pm

I was told I was added to the top of the list? This is the second time this has happened to me..
Panther202

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:41 pm

Username: MusicNotes
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None sorry :(
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have helped one of my friends get accustomed to CS
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Because I love helping people! I would love to adopt a newbie and show them the ropes
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Since in Australia its the holidays I'll be around a lot but when school starts again not so much
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!!!

Postby axelandria » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:47 pm

fink wrote:Hey, I got accepted two months ago and I haven't been assigned a single newbie yet. I also sent a DM about being placed on the top of the list again, but it was read about a week ago and never received a reply. Can I please be put back on the top of the list so I can receive a person to help next time? Thank you.

ғᴀɪʀʟʏɢøɴᴇʀ wrote:I was told I was added to the top of the list? This is the second time this has happened to me..

sorry for the confusion everyone! the holidays are a busy time and we are trying our best to sort out the list. thank you all for your patience!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby irlnagito » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Username: SINISTER!
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): only english, sorry!
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: i have not helped anyone on CS before, besides giving newbies i spot gifts.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i should be allowed to adopt a newbie because i love to help people, and i know how long it takes to really get used to this site, and since i have been on for a while (joined in 2016, completely forgot for months, forgot my login n stuff, made new acc.) i could potentially help prevent trading mishaps from happening, or just answer any questions they have. i can also help out with bbc code, if they need it. i can explain how certain aspects of the site work, as simply as i can, but also not leaving out anything that might make the explanation useless.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i usually get on CS by 5pm EST, daily, or before then. usually I am on CS until 6am EST, or later.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes, i have read, and i understand all of the adopter information.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: i agree to be helpful and polite to my newbie at all times.
irlnagito

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Necessity4Fun » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Username: Necessity4Fun
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is fine to me.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Someone on Flight Rising had an apparel (clothes for the dragons) trade thread (because December is Night of the Nocturne) and of the bits of it was C$trades so I got curious to know what this 'Chicken Smoothie' was so, here I am.
What do you like best so far?: I love to add items to the pets and make what's already cute into something even more cuter. I keep sending screenshots to my boyfriend and we gush over the cuteness of everything >w<
Any questions?: How do the forums work? Especially the trade threads, I replied to one and I believe my message got deleted and I was just supposed to trade blindly... That's not as common on FR, seems rather, confusing to me tbh...
Necessity4Fun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basicbassoonist » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Username: basicbassoonist
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): only English, sorry
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: i have an adoption center, if that counts!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i've been on CS for almost 7 years, and i love helping others! i wish i had someone to help me out and guide me when i was a newbie, so i'd love to have the opportunity to do that for someone else!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: almost every day, and i'm on here for several hours a day
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: absolutely!!
╔══════════════╗
hi!! my name's mar! feel free to send me a
trade or pm! have a wonderful day or night!

pokemon sword fc:
SW-6378-7085-2995

╚══════════════╝
basicbassoonist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinque » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:24 pm

Username: Cinque
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Spanish!
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I helped someone determine whether their trade was fair or not! Here's the link: https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4215826&start=8170#p128330678
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I'm a very kind and helpful person. I'm usually available for any questions. I never berate anyone or make them feel dumb for asking what might seem like a silly question. I love to help out in any way I can!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I usually get on every other day, for about an hour or more.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I have a thorough understanding of it, yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I absolutely agree.
Cinque

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Remixx- » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:26 am

Username: Remixx-
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I've always heard the website's name mentioned on various other sites (dA, TH, etc.) and decided to check it out!
What do you like best so far?: I love all the designs! Every pet seems so unique!
Any questions?: I mostly need help understanding trading and such things. I created this account years ago, but never really used it.
Remixx-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ProbablyAqua » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Username: ProbablyAqua
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I don't know?? A link I think haha
What do you like best so far?: The pets :D
Any questions?: Help I'm scared how does this work xD I just need like help with everything I'm sorry
ProbablyAqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me