Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby rottur » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:34 am

Username: rottur
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: deviantart many many years ago
What do you like best so far?: i'm not sure yet
Any questions?: what's something you do while waiting for your pets to grow? o: or how does an artist get around on here?
[ sid • agender • she/they ]

[ coms: open • trades: closed • requests: never ]
[ art shop - link coming soon ]
rottur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midde » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:23 am

rottur wrote:Any questions?: what's something you do while waiting for your pets to grow? o: or how does an artist get around on here?

Art wise you can check out the Oekaki Boards. The Oekaki lets you draw right from CS and anytime you're ready you can post what you create! Also within the boards you can find out what other artist's have made.
Other art related sections can be found within the main forum.
|Adult||Nov. 15th|♂ Any Pronouns|MST/MDT|Nocturnal|
{Adopt a Newbie}{Freebie Group}{Music}
Midde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OracleBones » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:31 am

Username: OracleBones
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is fine
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Saw my roommate playing (HarpereonSun) but they're new too so they aren't that helpful.
What do you like best so far?: The variety of pets
Any questions?: Besides getting the new pets and the forums is there any other stuff to do while you wait for things to grow up? New question: there are some weird terms people use in their trade topics like list or ur. Is there a glossary or something to find what those mean?
OracleBones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luxtato » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:27 pm

Username: Luxtato
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Looking for more sites similar to Neopets and Sylestia
What do you like best so far?: All the lion adopts!
Any questions?:
lux | she/her | sleepy
felt lost in this world,
so i moved to pluto.

I'm a Sheep!

Sheep are righteous, honest, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, generous, understanding
Sometimes they can be moody, a worrier, a complainer, and or too soft.
Luxtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hinno » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:27 am

Username: Hinno
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is fine
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I came from fr, because I heard this site was cool
What do you like best so far?: The rodents
Any questions?: What's the difference between "quick reply" and normal reply? Can you send messages in trades? What do you do on this site except watching your pets grow up?
Hinno

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midde » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:50 pm

OracleBones wrote:Besides getting the new pets and the forums is there any other stuff to do while you wait for things to grow up? New question: there are some weird terms people use in their trade topics like list or ur. Is there a glossary or something to find what those mean?

For the most part the forums are the main way to pass the time on CS. There's a section for just about everyone though!
As for the terms I recommend checking out these topics: Here and Here.

Hinno wrote:What's the difference between "quick reply" and normal reply? Can you send messages in trades? What do you do on this site except watching your pets grow up?

The Quick Reply option is typically used for when you want to "Bump" (Bring Up My Post) or short replies however "Full Editor" shows most of the bbcode tag options to customize your post. In either option you may use bbcode.
For Trade Messages and PM's you should be able to send them once a moderator approves your account. The best way to have it taken care of is to create an introduction topic: Introductions & Newbie Guides.
|Adult||Nov. 15th|♂ Any Pronouns|MST/MDT|Nocturnal|
{Adopt a Newbie}{Freebie Group}{Music}
Midde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following underage adopters have been accepted and added to the list:

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (they/she)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivyoverdose » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:48 am

Username: Ivyoverdose
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A person on a gaming site i'm on linked to here
What do you like best so far?: i love all the cute animals
Any questions?: kinda just in general like, what is the game currency worth and how to trade
Have a nice day ^-^

Ivyoverdose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roleplayer123 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:17 am

Username: Roleplayer123
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Here (:
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Because I am ready for the responsibility of helping others and I thought I could help those who don't know much on how to play this game.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: 4-6 days of the weeks for about an hour or more each time.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Of course.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes I do.
♥ Howdy there! ♥
They / them
I am your friendly neighbourhood Roleplayer123!
I’m mostly a lurker, but I’m always looking out for new characters and new roleplay partners!

On a Semi Hiatus!
Roleplayer123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bassil » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:59 am

Username: Bassil
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): none
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I’ve definitely helped out people before, but I don’t even know where to start searching through my posts. I’m on the CS ™️ discord so I often help people there (I’ll link a picture of a new user I was explaining the event to, since it’s easier to find my post there) regarding adopting pets and regarding the event
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I’ve been on cs for quite some time now, having had an account from 2011-2013 that I lost and being on this one since 2016 I know my way around cs. I’m very understanding and believe that I’m good at explaining things to newbies.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I’m on cs almost every day and for an hour minimum (I’m usually on longer though)
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes
Bassil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me