Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Novallic » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Username:
Tinebrook
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
I am on this site 24/7. It's my second life, and I am pretty good about keeping updated.
I am checking in constantly, always watching for some way to help something. I have been with CS for about 8 months, though my last account got deleated (*Glares at sister*). I know my way around, and know rarities, trades, and roleplaying, well enough to the point I think I can handle helping someone else out. I have countless numbers of help threads etc, the Naming Guide, How to use Oekaki, and many others that I could give to them if I got stumped.

Why do you want to?:

I honestly don't want them to feel helpless and intimadated, because I don't know if anyone else noticed, but CS has kind of changed. When I was first on, NO ONE came to my side, and the real popular players aways got the upper had at everything, and were alot more hostile then I thought they would be. I don't want an innocent person to have to run into one of those guys, and then have as to no idea why they are being yelled at.
Are you going to help them whenever they need it?:
Oh yes. I will when ever they need it, though, I am gone most part of the day, I really can get the time.
Novallic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:29 pm

Username:
i8chichi

Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
Because I know my way around CS quite well, as I've been on nearly every day for nearly two years! I know about the forums, rarities, oekaki and other stuffs. I'd be glad to help. I'm on every day {nearly} for 2 to 4 hours. I remember hoiw confusing CS was when I just joined, and I want to make that part of a CSians life easier. c:

Why do you want to?:
Because I just love love love helping! Also, I want to help a newbie's reputation on CS be high, so they can enjoy their time at CS. Also, I love making new friends, and I guess it really does help to start off with a friend you know you can lean back on when you need help. <3

Are you going to help them whenever they need it?:
Of course! I love chatting to people, so I'll usually have a convo with them through PM.
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Diamondfur » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:10 am

Username : Diamondfur (it wont let me type fanceh on my phone)
why should you be able to adopt a newbie: k am an experienced cs user well sorta ive been on for 7months but i was on each and every day x3 also I've been to ALL forums and looked around and learned what they were.
Why do you want to: when i was a new member i was given some good pets but I was scammed a few times too... A lo of people scammed me and I didn't reLize it until i got more experienced... I really want to help a newbie in learning so he or she doesn't make the same mistake I did...
Are you going to help them whenever they need it: why wouldn't I >:U xDD of course I'll help them thats why I'm here :3
Må¥ S†årçlåñ Lîgh† ¥øür På†h

Sîé Sîñ∂ Dås Esséñ Uñ∂ Wîr Sîñ∂ Dîé Jägér
Diamondfur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kags » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:36 am

Username: KagsBD

How You Found Chicken Smoothie: I seen it floating around and then my friend had one. Here I am~

What You Like Best So Far: The limitless pets hrrrngrr. I actually really like how this place works.

Any Questions?: How nice is this place in the Rp forums to newbies?
Kags

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Jadesong} wrote:
I wanted to know, when we are assigned a newbie, will we be PM'ed or just have to check back for the updated list?

You'll definitely be PMed! I don't actually know who is assigned to who that noleah did before she left, but I'm definitely keeping track of who I assign so I can give her a full list when she returns.

As we've only gotten a few newbies wanted to be adopted since I've been here, the available adopters really outnumber the newbies, but hopefully that will change! I'm glad so many people want to help new users on CS. ^_^
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Okay guys, I've assigned the recently newbies to more experienced users.
Here is the updated list of who is still available!

thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meu » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:40 pm

thunderofthedrum wrote:
Jadesong} wrote:
I wanted to know, when we are assigned a newbie, will we be PM'ed or just have to check back for the updated list?

You'll definitely be PMed! I don't actually know who is assigned to who that noleah did before she left, but I'm definitely keeping track of who I assign so I can give her a full list when she returns.

As we've only gotten a few newbies wanted to be adopted since I've been here, the available adopters really outnumber the newbies, but hopefully that will change! I'm glad so many people want to help new users on CS. ^_^

Ok, thank you. :3
ImageImage
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Meu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby supernovacity » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Username:Darkness angel
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I like to help people and i agree newbies should be welcomed and not have to fight to get that pet they didn't mean to trade back.
Why do you want to?: I want to welcome nebies and make sure they are able to see the brighter side of CS <3
Are you going to help them whenever they need it?:Yes
Won't waste more tears on yesteryears
───════════════◈════════════───
ImageImage
nova - she/he/they
icon - pixels

───════════════◈════════════───
Instead we'll carry on
supernovacity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Darkness Angel, I'll add you to the list soon!

Just letting everyone know: I will be gone all day Thursday and Friday; I'll return Friday evening but might not get online.

Hope everyone is having a good week! I certainly am. ^_^
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Kaley- » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Oh, have fun!
I think you missed me on the updated list...
-Kaley-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me