Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby VerySmashing » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 am

Username: Ramune (it's Japanese characters)
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): french (sorta)
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? Yeah I cant remember,, if I did you can see me on my "all posts" helping in the help area
If so, please link to the post/s:
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: So I can help them get to know the website, offer help for CS related things and other things too
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Not much because I'm very busy, but I will put time in for my newbie.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes!
Tree - He/Him - Adult
VerySmashing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SCP-049 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:01 am

Username: roseprints
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I had seen a lot of different people mentioning it on a bunch of different websites and so I decided to come here and see what it's all about.
What do you like best so far?: Adopting different animals. I haven't traded quite yet.
Any questions?: How does the trading system work and how do I know what is worth the most? Also, how long does it take for pets to grow?
Item #: SCP-049
Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-049 is contained within a Standard Secure Humanoid Containment Cell in Research Sector-02 at Site-19. SCP-049 must be sedated before any attempts to transport it. During transport, SCP-049 must be secured within a Class III Humanoid Restriction Harness (including a locking collar and extension restraints) and monitored by no fewer than two armed guards.
SCP-049

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashivonn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:40 am

Username:Nebulatik
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I speak English :)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I found CS through another some other sites (ovipets and FR)
What do you like best so far?: The artwork <3
Any questions?: Hm...not specific questions... Im more so interested in how to start the whole trading thing this site seems to run off of lol. Just in general, how do I get started growing my collection of pets I guess
Ashivonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GideonSparrow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 pm

Username: GideonSparrow
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: No, fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Via Flight Rising, SarcasticHawke's profile mentioned it. Curiosity.
What do you like best so far?: How cute things are!
Any questions?: Is there any limit to how many pets or per type of pet, I can adopt? How does pet trading work? Thanks in advance.
GideonSparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alecandmagnus15 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Username: alecandmagnus15
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: my friend told me about i!
What do you like best so far?: the pets!!!!
Any questions?: no I'm just excited!
Alecandmagnus15

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Macmanus~ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:48 am

Username: ~MacManus~
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I can speak Irish rather well. Not 100% fluent, but well enough to communicate
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have been assigned several Newbies in the past from this thread.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have been on ChickenSmoothie for several years, and from personal experience, I know that the first year can seem mystical, wondrous, and strange. I have embarrassed myself many times in my first year, mostly involving not knowing the tricks, tips, and ways of our website, and would like to help someone else avoid these mistakes.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am on a few times every day, usually a collective two to three hours a day.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I do

My Newbie never responded to me, and it has been two weeks. May I be put back on the list?
~Macmanus~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlasseEarfalas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:50 pm

Username: AlasseEarfalas
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A (native English speaker)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I was looking for reviews on a horse breeding sim website & found a CS forum post about how awesome CS is, so I decided to try it out. :)
What do you like best so far?: No limit on the number of pets you can have, and no pet maintenance (feeding, raising, etc.)!
Any questions?: Mainly I want to know the best way to go about completing my wishlist, and in the process learn how the rest of the site works. :)
AlasseEarfalas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:20 am

Thread Update

We're running low on adopters!! If you have the time to adopt a newbie, please fill out or repost a form. <3

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:
ALL ASSIGNED BELOW

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Adopters must have an account of at least one year of age. Under-age adopters can apply, but you will need to refer to the front page and re-read the adopters section for the details on how to do so.
  • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon, AquilaFuga, Panne, Porcelaine, Fat Unicorn and Nadine.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenturo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:38 am

Username: Tenturo
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Italian
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, though It's almost always PM. I do my best to help in the help forum, though i always get beat to reply c; however i've adopted a few newbies before, and if a newbie comes to my adoption center, i let them know they can PM me if they need help around the site and often they do PM me.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Well, I've helped out here by adopting newbies before, which has always gone well, as I end up helping each newbie for a while until they no longer need my help. I'm level-headed and very patient, and find it easy for me to word things in a way that'll make sense to whomever i'm talking to. i've been on CS for over 6 years and really know my way around, i'm online for multiple hours of the day every single day, at all times of day and night. I enjoy helping people here and i know how difficult it can be to learn when you're first starting out, and I want to be a person that people can come to if they have questions ^
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am on CS every day, for at least 3 hours a day (very minimum), though it's typically 8 or more hours of my day are spent wandering and posting on here.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes'm!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!

░░
    i promise
    ────────────────────────────
    l
    tenturo
    she / her
    gemini
    ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
    i am
    ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯
    pansexual
    infp-t
    active
    ┌─── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ─┐
    [url]comms[/url] ⋅ kalscredit ⋅ [url]n/a[/url] ⋅ to-do

└─ ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ───┘
    '┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    '│─ ── ││ ── ─│
    '└─ ── ── ── ─┘
    ███
    ███
    ┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    │─ ── ││ ── ─│
    └─ ── ── ── ─┘

'───────────────────────────────'
    worthy!!lxworthy!!
    [ ─`;.-' TO HOLD ─ ]l
    ┌ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┐
    you matter
    sleepy
    pms open <3
    comms open
    └ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┘
    ── in your ───
    [`arms.❜'

tenturo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merilin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:54 am

re-applying
Cerru wrote:
Username: Cerru
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Estonian (native)
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I haven't helped on the forum, but I have adopted several newbies from here and they have found me very helpful.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: As I mentioned before, the newbies I have adopted before have found me very helpful. I have been able to answer all of their questions, provided forum links so they could get further information and given them some good tips on what to do and what not to do on here. I have found different ways to explain the same thing, if it has been necessary. I don't get easily irritated. Since I have been here for years, I know at least a little about almost everything.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get online almost every day, I have CS open in another tab the whole day (current time zone is UTC+3/GMT+3/EEST) and I check in about every hour on normal days. I also get email notifications for new PMs, so I usually notice them quickly.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): I can take 5.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Every single word
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course! I have been and I will be, forever.
Last edited by Merilin on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex GMod

Timezone: Eastern Europe Summer Time (EEST/UTC+3)

Merka|Estonian|introvert|ADHD|ace|she/her|21.08
Merilin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me