Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Celozon » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 am

Small update, since we are really low on adopters, when applying you can offer to adopt more than one newbie, meaning you won't need to reapply every time you get assigned a newbie. This helps us out cause it means we can assign you multiple newbies if we exhaust the list and still have newbies left.

This is the info added to the front page in the adopter section detailing how this works;
You may now offer to adopt multiple newbies when posting your form:
You many now offer to adopt a max of 5 newbies with one form, meaning if you want to adopt more than one you will not need to reapply each time you are assigned a newbie. Please be aware that this means if the list of adopters is very short you may be assigned more than one newbie at once. Each time you are assigned a newbie you'll be placed at the bottom of the list automatically. We'll also let you know when you've exhausted the number of newbies you offered to adopt. Players offering to adopt multiple newbies will have the remaining number they can adopt listed next to their name on the adopter list.

If you would like to do this and posted your form since the last update, you can edit your form to add in the additional question on the form;
Code: Select all
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5):
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ItsV » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:38 am

I know I have been on for a little less than half a year, but I would like a buddy XD
Recently i would have gone to the help forum, where not everyone answers :(
She/her
English/ Dutch

I really don't know what to put here aaa

Not too social, but feel free to send trades or messages, I'll try to get back as fast as I can ^^

Uhhh, yeah, hiya, the best of luck with your goals, I believe in you! <3
Have a good day/night, and may you enjoy what you're doing ^^
ItsV

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HypnoticLies » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:15 pm

Username: Cuddle1256
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I speak engloosh onlee
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Friends honestly.
What do you like best so far?: I LOVE the community!
Any questions?: No but I just need to learn rarities and tips on how to trade up to rares/very rares. I'd be grateful to get anyone to help my sad self XD. Okay (Hopefully someone will loaf me)
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕖 ℕ𝕖𝕖𝕕𝕤 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖, ℕ𝕠 𝕄𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕊𝕒𝕪,

骨は注目を集める

𝕊𝕠 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 𝕀𝕗 ℕ𝕠 𝕆𝕟𝕖 𝔼𝕝𝕤𝕖 𝕎𝕚𝕝𝕝!

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
HypnoticLies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenturo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Tenturo wrote:Username: Tenturo
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Italian
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, though It's almost always PM. I do my best to help in the help forum, though i always get beat to reply c; however i've adopted a few newbies before, and if a newbie comes to my adoption center, i let them know they can PM me if they need help around the site and often they do PM me.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Well, I've helped out here by adopting newbies before, which has always gone well, as I end up helping each newbie for a while until they no longer need my help. I'm level-headed and very patient, and find it easy for me to word things in a way that'll make sense to whomever i'm talking to. i've been on CS for over 6 years and really know my way around, i'm online for multiple hours of the day every single day, at all times of day and night. I enjoy helping people here and i know how difficult it can be to learn when you're first starting out, and I want to be a person that people can come to if they have questions ^
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am on CS every day, for at least 3 hours a day (very minimum), though it's typically 8 or more hours of my day are spent wandering and posting on here.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes'm!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): I'd gladly take on 5 if there end up being a need for me to take on that many <3

edited ^

░░
    i promise
    ────────────────────────────
    l
    tenturo
    she / her
    gemini
    ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
    i am
    ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯
    pansexual
    infp-t
    active
    ┌─── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ─┐
    [url]comms[/url] ⋅ kalscredit ⋅ [url]n/a[/url] ⋅ to-do

└─ ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ───┘
    '┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    '│─ ── ││ ── ─│
    '└─ ── ── ── ─┘
    ███
    ███
    ┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    │─ ── ││ ── ─│
    └─ ── ── ── ─┘

'───────────────────────────────'
    worthy!!lxworthy!!
    [ ─`;.-' TO HOLD ─ ]l
    ┌ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┐
    you matter
    sleepy
    pms open <3
    comms open
    └ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┘
    ── in your ───
    [`arms.❜'

tenturo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarDolphin » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:59 am

ScarDolphin wrote:Username: ScarDolphin
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I am fluent in Danish. I have also lived in Scotland, so I know and understand most Scottish slangs.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have helped my brother when he first started playing CS a few months ago. I'm afraid I don't have any links to a post as I'd sit with him and the computer and explain it to him.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I am helpful and it's not too long ago I was new to the site, which had been recommended to me by a friend. I was really confused and I was glad I had my friend to explain to me how CS works. Therefore, I would like to return the favour by helping other new members to understand and find their way around this website.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am on several times every day, but the sessions are different from time to time. I tend to have CS open in my browser almost 24/7, and check once in a while if I'm not already browsing the forums. I would say, all in all, that I am on roughly 3-5 hours each day, with breaks, although it varies a lot due to school and afterschool activities.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I read and understood all of the information.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, I agree.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): I'm willing to adopt up to 3 newbies at the moment, so I don't get too stressed with other stuff.

Edited it, I already have a newbie but if you need more adopters I'm willing to help c:
─── Image ─────────────

I'm Scar // She/her // Cancer // GMT+1 //
─────────────────────────────────────
My interests: My horses // Utapri // Hypmic // Idolish7 // Genshin

───────────────────────────────────────────
⧽ --- ⧼ Trade Thread ⧽ --- ⧼

────────── Image ───
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:00 am

Lii wrote:I was assigned a newbie a while ago, but they don't need help anymore, so I'm reapplying.

Username: Lii
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, quite a lot, here's a few because it would take forever to find all of them X x X x X
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I enjoy being helpful, and I feel like a know a lot about the site so could answer most questions. Mostly, I just want to help out this awesome site!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm online pretty much every day, though the exact amount of time is hard to tell since I do a lot of switching between sites. It's definitely several hours though.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yup!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): Five

Reapplying, since my newbie hasn't replied in a while. Form has been edited to include new section and my new username.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:57 pm

I helped my newbie and I'd like to be added to the bottom of the list! c:

smofir. wrote:Username: smofir.
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): French. (Forgot to fill this in woops!)
Have you helped anyone before? If so, please link to the post/s: Yup, many times! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3152593

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3151156

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3143409

I also visit the Introduction board. ^^
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I should adopt a newbie before I have a good attitude towards any user, and I know the basics of CS/general info about the website. I love helping people, especially newbies so I can share my love about CS with them, and I also love making new friends. I'll answer every question my newbie has, and I'll also love to know them better through the process!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Every day, and 4+ hours.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Of course!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): I'm able to take on 5 if necessary.
Last edited by arabella !! on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oshawott8888 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Oshawott8888 wrote:Username: Oshawott8888
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Chinese
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've helped people on places like the Fair Trade Thread, if that counts. x x x x
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I spend a lot of time on Chicken Smoothie, and I'd like to help others who need it! I've learned a lot about Chicken Smoothie, especially after spending so much time on here. Therefore, I believe i'm able to help someone who needs it ^-^
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I go on every day, for a couple hours, whether it's on my phone or a pc. I'm usually on for 4 ish hours in the summer, and at least 2 ish when school starts.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I do!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course :>

quoting because I helped my newbie and I forgot to quote haha
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): I'm willing to adopt up to 5 haha
─────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

ImageHi! I'm Osha!Image
ImageAnime and BTS obsessedImage
ImageLoves BirbsImage
───────{Image}─────
Image.
Image.

.....................ImageImageImage
Internet Addict~
ImageImage
Oshawott8888

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newbies

Postby LexHellosa » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:02 pm

Username:LexHellosa
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:I am fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:a friend on a site called Quotev told me
What do you like best so far?: I love adopting animals and the arts on here
Any questions?: how does one reply to PM's? My Quotev friend sent one and I don't know how to reply to them
LexHellosa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sumashira » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:41 am

Username:
    sumashira
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English):
    - - -
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s:
    A few on the CS Help, Suggestions, and Problems board ( x x x x ), several via PM. Was also an Adopter here before.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?
    I have been a member on CS for 5 6 years and love helping people to learn their way around. I wish this had been around when I joined; I know it would have helped me a lot! I'd be happy for the opportunity to provide what knowledge I have now for others. I have helped a few Newbies through this thread already and would love to do it again.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?
    I get online 6-7 days a week; for each day I'm online, I spend 1-2 hours on a computer and 5 minutes every hour or so on mobile. I also receive PM notifications.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt?
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?
    Yes I did!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?
    Of course!

- -
Hi there! You can call me suma!
- -
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
- -
If you missed an outcome or you
want to paperclip, send me a trade!
- -
ImageImage
- -
frog art made for me by PumpkinCatCarnival (TH)
sumashira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me