Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie [update for adopters pg.126]

Postby nini. » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:34 am

Username:TOHFan7756
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A (I'm fluent in English)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A friend of mine uses it frequently, and I decided to join.
What do you like best so far?: The pet designs are really cool and detailed, and I'm looking forward to trading.
Any questions?: Not really, my friend explained to me the basic details, but there are some parts of the site I haven't explored yet so I might have questions later.
nini.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starswater » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:33 pm

Username: starswater
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Someone on BuzzlyArt had their CS account linked from their link-me :o
What do you like best so far?: Hmmm, I love how chill the community seems to be and how creative everyone is. So far this place feels like a nice blast from the past.

Any questions?: I mostly have questions about the forum layout and adoptables, at the moment. Some questions include: How does Artist Search work, and who uses it? Any advice for making adoptables? I see the character storage is used for adoptables you get, and I noticed you can have more than one thread... but I also noticed that the people who have threads there seem to limit their threads to one singular type of adoptable, and it seems like there's usually some extra stuff like notes about breeding and whatnot. Are there any general rules of etiquette I should know about before using this forum?

Also... is there a quick way for me to know what animals an item can be worn on before I grab it from the lost and found?

And is there a way for me to view artwork I've "liked", or do I have to rely on bookmarking the thread?

Some of these questions honestly might be silly in hindsight... Please forgive me if they are silly. >///<
starswater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mossbell » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:42 am

Username: mossbell
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Through Dappervolk
What do you like best so far?: The pet designs and the stamp collection bit
Any questions?: What are the main things people do to spend their time on this site, as I know pets take around 30 days to mature. What is there to do for those that can't trade much due to being new?
mossbell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PlatonicPluto » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:00 am

Username: PlatonicPluto

If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is fine!

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Lots of fellow Flight Rising players have mentioned it, especially C$ as an accepted form of payment for commissions. I think I've also seen mention of it on Toyhouse? TL;DR Was curious on what all the fuss was about from fellow players

What do you like best so far?: The butterfly wolves' designs caught my eye so far! Very pretty, persuaded me to give CS a looksee

Any questions?: At the moment I'm just having information overload lol, but I'm sure over time things'll get a bit easier! I managed to find the Adopt area, but I don't know what other stuff to look out for/grab that doesn't involve C$ or RLC. I prefer a F2P style rather than P2W

PS: I can be pretty busy IRL, but will do my best to log in at least once a day! Worst case scenario, you can always reach me on my FR account (same username) if you happen to play Flight Rising too
Pluto | He/they | College Student | Freelance Artist/Writer | INFJ
༻♇༺ FAQs ༻♇༺
SpeedpaintsCommissionsPortfolioLorwolfYCH Art Shop (FR)

PlatonicPluto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dendro » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:23 am

Username: civ
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Can speak French & Korean fluently but most comfortable with English :3
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I am active on the CSTM Discord and often help others with site features and trades.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've been on since 2021 and I am extremely active. I am familiar with values of pets and site features.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Every day, will frequently check in throughout the day.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yep!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!! :D
dendro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:07 pm

starswater wrote:Username: starswater
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Someone on BuzzlyArt had their CS account linked from their link-me :o
What do you like best so far?: Hmmm, I love how chill the community seems to be and how creative everyone is. So far this place feels like a nice blast from the past.

Any questions?: I mostly have questions about the forum layout and adoptables, at the moment. Some questions include: How does Artist Search work, and who uses it? Any advice for making adoptables? I see the character storage is used for adoptables you get, and I noticed you can have more than one thread... but I also noticed that the people who have threads there seem to limit their threads to one singular type of adoptable, and it seems like there's usually some extra stuff like notes about breeding and whatnot. Are there any general rules of etiquette I should know about before using this forum?

Also... is there a quick way for me to know what animals an item can be worn on before I grab it from the lost and found?

And is there a way for me to view artwork I've "liked", or do I have to rely on bookmarking the thread?

Some of these questions honestly might be silly in hindsight... Please forgive me if they are silly. >///<

Heya, I can answer some of these questions for you (and don't worry, none of them are silly)

1) I don't know much about artist search, so I can't help you much there, but there should be a few threads around the artist boards that you could ask in

2) Adoptables are something that are really hard to maintain and even start up. The first thing I recommend is find a concept that is both unique and simple. Adoptables that have to many moving parts are hard to keep up with and tend to die fast. Each adoptable should have its own main thread, and any branching ideas like breading and storage should be kept to a separate thread that is linked to the main thread, though that's only really necessary for bigger things, sometimes just a separate post on the same thread about breading is enough. Most adoptables will have their own rules listed on the first or second post of their thread, so as long as you pay attention to those you should be all good.

3) Most clothing items can be used on grown dogs and cats, but I wouldn't hedge your bets on them fitting something like a rat or a horse. There is an item archive as well as a chicken smoothie wiki you can look for. But the best advice I can give is if you like the item, grab it. You can always find a different pet to put it on.

4) I took a look around the site and from what I can see there is no way to see all the art you've liked, however, you can see artists you've followed and their works under your "oekaki" tab next to your profile. This looks to be the closest thing to what you asked about, but I may be wrong since I'm not on the artist part of the site any more.

Hope these answers helped!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:10 pm

mossbell wrote:Username: mossbell
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Through Dappervolk
What do you like best so far?: The pet designs and the stamp collection bit
Any questions?: What are the main things people do to spend their time on this site, as I know pets take around 30 days to mature. What is there to do for those that can't trade much due to being new?

Heya! A lot of people spend their time on the forums! A lot of games and competitions are held there, as well as places to just chat with people who like the same things as you. There are also people like me, who run things like adoption centers, adoptables, and competitions. People also do art or fill in already made line art on the oekaki boards. You could also give roleplaying or writing a try, as I know those forums are always busy. Some of us just dress our pets up, organize things, and leave for the day. What ever floats your boat!

Hope this helped a bit!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaotic creativity » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:12 pm

Username: chaotic creativity
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): n/a
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I am staff on Create-A-Clan and tend to help people on various discord servers linked to CS. I have also been assigned newbies here (1, 2, 3, 4) (my former username was sharpiesandhamilton)
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i have helped newbies out in the past through this form, and i always want to help others! this website can be a bit daunting to interact with at first, so i want to make it seem more friendly and welcoming to newer players. i am rather active on several forums and through trading, so i can help in a multitude of ways. i kind of dropped away from this thread without meaning to, back in 2020, and now i'm back and eager to help!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i am on and off cs roughly 12 hours per day? i check the website very frequently, and the only time i am not online is when i am asleep.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes!
chaotic creativity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noisybeep » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:45 pm

Username: mystic_fragrance
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Indonesian
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I was searching up web-game recommendations and found this game
What do you like best so far?: The cats! I've adopted one, and saw more of them in the Archive. I also like the Garnet accessories
Any questions?: Is there a limit to how many pets you can have?
Last edited by noisybeep on Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mystic or Sasha
she/her
noisybeep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby dino nuggie » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:59 am

dino nuggie wrote:
dino nuggie wrote:Username: dino nuggie
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): spanish!
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: none thats why i wanted to do this!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have been on here for months years so i know the rules
also people have helped me when i did not understand when i was a newbie so
i am ready to give back to other people who need help with the site.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: for weekends ill be on all day,
but for the week 3:00 pm and so on.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Always!

i would like to be added back onto the list!

My newbie has not responded so i would like to be added again :>
im just on here to exist

Friends:

Sibilance

Aoishin♥

Birdie <3
dino nuggie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes