Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie [update for adopters pg.126]

Postby Xionort » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:38 pm

Username: Xionort
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friends showed me their collections
What do you like best so far?: That I don't have to feed the pets or anything lol
Any questions?: A lot of the free adopt threads require messages in the trade but is that only available on he browser version? I don't see writing a message as an option on my phone.
Xionort

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:15 am

Xionort wrote:Username: Xionort
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friends showed me their collections
What do you like best so far?: That I don't have to feed the pets or anything lol
Any questions?: A lot of the free adopt threads require messages in the trade but is that only available on he browser version? I don't see writing a message as an option on my phone.

In order to send messages, you need to make a post to the forums and have it approved by a moderator. Now that this post has been approved, you should be able to send PMs and trade messages!

DoomedIdeas wrote:Username: DoomedIdeas
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friend Connor!
What do you like best so far?: All the cool designs!
Any questions?: Is there a limit to how many pets you can have?

There is no limit! You can have as many pets as you like :)

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (they/she)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby casanovaofmeteli » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:01 pm

Username: alluringlunar
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent, :)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I heard about it from animal jam :)
What do you like best so far?: the absolute adorable designs!
Any questions?: is there any way to age up pets quicker? I’m confused about alot of things but that’s my biggest question
casanovaofmeteli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Derpy. » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:39 pm

alluringlunar wrote:Username: alluringlunar
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent, :)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I heard about it from animal jam :)
What do you like best so far?: the absolute adorable designs!
Any questions?: is there any way to age up pets quicker? I’m confused about alot of things but that’s my biggest question

Nope! You just gotta wait and see what your pet grows up to be! ^.^
Derpy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hedgiequeen13 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:29 am

Username: Hedgiequeen13
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: On a different website, "Flight rising"
What do you like best so far?: The pets are cute
Any questions?: Is there a way to know what butterfly wolf you adopt from the caterpillar they are? What does a fully grown pet that still says "Rarity unknown" mean? How long does it take for a pet to grow up, does it depend on the type of pet or on the pet itself? DO I need to feed my pets?
Hedgiequeen13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lumpkinz11 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:33 am

Username: Lumpkinz11 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): -
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes. No linkable posts.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have been on Chicken Smoothie for over 10 years, I own a Chicken Smoothie Discord server, I love to help, and I remember how hard it was to be a newbie! I'd love to help anyone I can with anything they need!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Everyday, all day. Will vary at somepoint, but will still be daily for hours at a time.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes :)
”Hope is a thing with feathers,
that perches on the soul…”

Lumpkinz11 ♡ she/her ♡ Adult player
Image Trading Center
Image Free pets!
Image Free art!

Lumpkinz11 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Derpy. » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:01 am

Hedgiequeen13 wrote:Username: Hedgiequeen13
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: On a different website, "Flight rising"
What do you like best so far?: The pets are cute
Any questions?: Is there a way to know what butterfly wolf you adopt from the caterpillar they are? What does a fully grown pet that still says "Rarity unknown" mean? How long does it take for a pet to grow up, does it depend on the type of pet or on the pet itself? DO I need to feed my pets?

For the first question, I don't quite understand what you meant D: but maybe someone else can answer that for you ^.^
A pet that says "rarity unknown" means that the rarity has not been revealed yet because your pet is not fully grown or the month is not over. A pets rarity is usually revealed the month after.

I think the amount of time it takes for a pet to become grown depends on the species

And lastly, no, you do not need to feed your pets!
Derpy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NixPR » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:27 am

Username:NixPR
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:English is not my first language but I think I can get over it^^just forgive my poor grammar and spelling
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:by friend! we have bunch of people playing cs from our friends cycle
What do you like best so far?:oekaki and cute pets!
Any questions?:I wanna learn more about high rarity trading and art auction! and since I'm not a native English speaker so there's a lot of abbreviations confused me
Hi there! Name's Nix

⭐I like fluffy things⭐
happy holiday season!
art shop | toyhouse
NixPR

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:23 pm

NixPR wrote:Username:NixPR
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:English is not my first language but I think I can get over it^^just forgive my poor grammar and spelling
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:by friend! we have bunch of people playing cs from our friends cycle
What do you like best so far?:oekaki and cute pets!
Any questions?:I wanna learn more about high rarity trading and art auction! and since I'm not a native English speaker so there's a lot of abbreviations confused me

There are a few threads on the site that can help you out with high rarity trading: "Whats this pet worth?" "Is this a fair trade?" and the VR/OMGSR trade thread
All of these threads have a ton of past trades and you can see what things are worth. As for abbreviations, here's a quick run down of the ones I see often: OMGSC: Oh my god to common VR: Very rare OMGSR: Oh my god so rare(rarest pets on the site other than the staffs personal pets) Non: A non omgsr pet or expensive pet. You'll usually see this used in relation to worth for those rarer pets (ie, "This pet it worth 16 non's), there are also some pets that are even more expensive than omgsr's, and that's a lot of the original pets from 2009. They're the biggest things around, and you'll see some of them have names. Most of these are dogs, and you can check out the wiki for more info on them

Hope this helped a bit!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Safirawolf » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:03 am

Username: Safirawolf
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm ok at writing English although I make some mistakes (speaking is another story) but my main language is Spanish
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I was here so many years ago that I can't remember everything, but I know I had a lot of fun here.
What do you like best so far?: the pet's desingh are endless and I received a nice welcome
Any questions?: I want to know more about all the interesting activities that take place in the forum to participate in them in my spare time.
ImageImageImage
Safirawolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me