Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie [update for adopters pg.126]

Postby BreezyBird » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:23 am

Username: BreezyBird
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:
I didn't really find chicken smoothie I kinda just ran into it while web surfing in 2021 because the pandemic was still happening and I was bored, I didn't really end up making an account for it until 2 days ago because at the time I had no idea what this website even was and when I looked it up I was even more confused because people were saying "it's like Neopets but not really" but when I see videos of the website there's no actual pet sim or videogames at all :what: (if I were to explain this website personally I'd say its more like beanie baby collection simulator lol). Anyways, I made an account for this website recently because I was sick but couldn't sleep or feel like playing any videogames, so I just happened to remember CS and thought "why not".

What do you like best so far?:
So far I just really like looking at all the pet designs in the archive, they're really pretty and cute albeit sometimes strange (there's one pet litter that are dogs within slime dogs??) but I think those pets are cool too. I didn't look at the most recent pet designs though because I like the idea of being surprised by what they look like later.

Any questions?:
Yeah I have a few

1. I think I have a basic understanding of how pet trading works (the older the pet the better, the rarity bar shows you how many of that pet are in circulation, only do a trade if you like the pet someone is giving you and don't mind what they're asking for in return, leave a comment on why you want to trade)
but I don't understand how item trading works at all, does it work the same way trading pets work? I mean it couldn't right? because a lot of the older items are either being sold or given out for free in the store right now.

2. how does the trading system for chicken bucks work? are there shops where you can sell old items/pets?

3. Can I trade pets while they're still babies/when they're kids or is it better to wait for them to grow up completely first? (mainly talking about the horses because it kinda looks like you can see what they might grow up to look like a bit easier than all the other pets)

4. What do i do on this website while I wait for my pets to grow up aside from drawing and roleplaying?

5. Is there any good way I can use CS's drawing program on an iPad instead of on a laptop I don't want to use my laptop's trackpad to draw and when I tried to use the website on my iPad browser I wasn't able to use any touch commands (like pinching to zoom in and out and rotate the drawing for example) it feels really weird to draw like that personally.
BreezyBird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raeofhope » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:33 pm

Username: Raeofhope
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: this account is for my daughter I use to play in highschool but can’t remember everything! :)
What do you like best so far?: cuteness overload we love playing this
Any questions?: we can’t work out how to comment when we trade! Help would be great thanks a bunch
Profile for my 5 year old daughter hope 😄 she loves cute things we love pride pets and I can draw so pm me if you have a request 💟🏳️‍🌈💗
Raeofhope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eurydice » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:58 am

Username: Eurydice
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I used to be more helpful through PMs, but it's been a while since I've helped others with the site, which is why I'm signing up here!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: As someone who's been playing on and off for 9 years, I really feel like I know the site and everything about it. I really love helping people, I use to volunteer as a tutor in my free time in high school, and eventually got a job as one during undergrad. In those jobs I gained a lot of skills that are extremely beneficial to helping others, such as patience, kindness, and an understanding of working with mental disabilities and/or mental illnesses. I really enjoy helping others, and go out of my way to do it irl, and I'd love to translate that into some virtual help on CS. As an experienced CS player I think I could really help some newbies around <3!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Recently I have been on quite a lot running na adoptable a species I made a few weeks ago, so I'm on for at least a few hours a day checking on that, and I'm also pretty active for trading as well. I check CS multiple times a day.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Aries☼Aries☽Virgo↑⁎ ENFP ⁎ Adult ⁎ She/her
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Eurydice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghoulette » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:19 am

Username: Critter-
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have helped some newer members before, but only through PMs.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I really enjoy helping people! Though my account age doesn't show it, I know my way around this website pretty well. I am a patient, understanding, and friendly person, and I am not afraid to admit when I don't know something. I'm not active in the art or roleplay side of CS, but I have a friend who is, so if there are any questions regarding those things, I will be able to figure it out one way or another.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on CS every day unless something prevents me from doing so. I'm usually online for ten minutes to an hour, a few times per day.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yep!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!
whoop whoop
ghoulette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Camaron » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:56 am

Username: Camaron
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Not necessarily, but I have been a player for a couple of years and know my way around. I am willing to do anything to help newer players and be of good service!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Meeting and helping new people is one of my favorite things to do - the exchange of joy knowing that I am doing something good for another uplifts me! I also need something to do in my free time, and what better thing to do than to help others and engage!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I have been getting on more recently usually every day for around an hour.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course. I would be nothing but, anyways!
What You Allow Will Continue

♡ Camaron / Female / Cancer ♡

───────

Hey, YOU! Do you struggle with high value trades, want a community that shares your hobbies, and a chance to win valuable pets? Join LTCS on Discord and get advice from seasoned Chicken Smoothie (CS) players (faster than the fair trade thread), stay informed about events, gain valuable tips, participate in rare+ giveaways, and much more!

Join the server by clicking HERE!

Camaron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:38 am

I want to be a permanent adopter.
Username: coffee.berry
Please link to three times you were assigned a newbie: Beep Bop Boop

hii! i'm aya/vai <3 feel free to shoot me a pm, i don't bite!!
    status: really busy in real life so if i respond late, sorry <3
    © ~ she/her ~ toyhouse
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ishnia » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:39 pm

Username: Ishnia

If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: english is fine! but I also know some mandarin (simplified) chinese & would totally be up for some practice, haha

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: saw it being posted about on other sites like dappervolk and flight rising ^^

What do you like best so far?: the oekaki boards! such a creative and fun addition to a site.

Any questions?: gosh, sorry for the wall of text below! i started typing out some questions and i just couldn't stop, haha. made it smaller text to prevent page-stretching ^^ (if page stretching is a even thing that people worry about on chicken smoothie, haha)

i've had an account for a while (& i log in once in a while to adopt pets), but there are just...so many things to take in LOL i don't know much about forum/oekaki etiquette here or any of the abbreviations used, and would love to know some general tips about that or would appreciate a link redirect if there's just a topic ab it! (i've read shian's guide for trading at least, but haven't seen similar ones for oekaki?)

(i've read some newbie guides/the forum rules ofc, but there are always "unsaid" rules that are different from site to site, if you know what i mean? i don't wanna come off as rude or accidently do smth that people frown upon, haha. for example, i see a lot of threads offering free adoptions & i'm def interested in getting some more pets or items! but like. i feel like it'd be bad for me to post in a lot of them/request in them all? especially since i only have like 3 forum posts. is that sus/frowned upon? also, i've noticed that each post has a "subject" line. assuming this works like PM subject lines, but...what happens if i change it/do people ever change it?).

though i'm mostly interested in the art/adoption scene around here, so it'd be great to know things like:
what are c4c trades/how they work?
what are the yours/mine challenge/challenge accepted things? can you crosspost them between boards or are they moved to the right one automatically if you "accept" a challenge?
if someone draws you smth via oekaki how can you save it/upload it to toyhouse (w/credit & permission ofc)?
what are "marks" and "claims"? are they the same thing?
i've read that you can't ping people--is this true or did i just see an outdated post lol? does quoting people not give them a notification? what about replies to an oekaki drawing?
edit: just saw someone mention "covers" & "masterposts" in the oekaki boards -- what does this mean? is it only in the context of adoptables?
i'm sorry if there's a forum post out there explaining all this stuff and i just missed it--didn't see it in the art or oekaki/adoptable rules.
she/her, adult. not a "new" account, but very much so a newbie~
slowly trying to get used to the site but tbh i have no idea what i'm doing whoop!
Ishnia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luluie » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:24 am

Username: Luluie

If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I used to play another game, but one of my friends suggested this game to me, so I wanted to try something new

What do you like best so far?: I like all the pets and trading, I think all the special events are cool

Any questions?:
I just need some help finding my way around because I'm new here. If anyone could help, that would be great, thanks :)
Luluie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSable » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:11 pm

Username: Sable22
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English, but want to learn Hangul/Korean.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Found it from a friend on Lioden.
What do you like best so far?: I love all the pets and varieties there are. Events are pretty cool so far. I started working on a google spreadsheet of all the horses, ponies, drafts, zebras with their litter names and individual names.
Any questions?: Whats the best C$ worth sheet for pets? I've seen very different ones, I don't want to be cheated from pets or C$ because I don't understand what everything is worth yet.
Dream Pets - Zodiac Dogs

I love Cows, Chickens and all things Equine!! Also any exotic type pets like alpacas and big cats

✧ Pro 🏳️‍🌈+ ✧ Pro animal welfare ✧ K-Pop ✧ LOTR/Hobbit ✧ Marvel ✧ HP ✧ Haikyuu ✧
✧ She/Her ✧ INFP-T ✧ Taurus ✧ Had Cancer 🎗 ✧ ADHD ✧ ASD ✧ Ally ✧
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SilverSable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starlapelle » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:21 pm

Username: starlapelle
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I found it through other petsites! I've always seen Chicken Smoothie as a common cross-trading site and I was always kind of off put by the name, but one of my friends told me there was an event going on so I took the plunge!
What do you like best so far?: I love the pets, especially all the rodents! They are so stinking cute ;w;
Any questions?: Yes! How do you organize pets within their groups? I got group organizations down, but the pets within them are all out of whack. Also, how often do pet rarities actually end up changing? I read they do in the F.A.Q, but I'm wondering how often that actually ends up happening.

Thank you so much! ;w;
apollo | he/him | if you can be anything, be good
starlapelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me