We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Which path should we take to improve the pet rarity system?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:06 pm

Keep the current categories, but spread pets out more across the categories we have
22%
Add a new "very uncommon" rarity category
16%
Add four new rarity categories
62%

Total votes : 5068

Re: We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Postby melti » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:11 pm

i personally think adding four new rarities is the best option, giving more diversity and clarity between pets, and it can help with understanding how much/common a certain pet is!

i also like the idea of the division idea, it would definitely help, at least to me:)

leon ; melt ; el
he / her
☆ 🏳️‍⚧️
art shop
csds
inactive until June :)

sorry for any delayed art
or responses!
melti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:12 pm

I feel like the adding four new ones would make more sense on the grounds the colors are more distinct and not similar to other colors. I say this for all of us who have horrible eyesight and already have to deal with things looking similar to other things.

Another thing I'd change about the +4 is replace "extremely" with "incredibly" or some other word. mostly 'cause "EC" sounds weird. 😬
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Domino Tricks » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:13 pm

Oooo big support for 4 new rarity categories, I feel like it'll make it easier to justify some trading values and maybe make trading in general easier to understand
x[ Artshop ]
x[ Mythlings ]
x[ © ]
My name is Cas, I go by He/they.
I draw for c$, pets, and Flight Rising currencies.
DMs always open.
x
Domino Tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby <InsertName> » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:13 pm

I like the idea of adding four new rarity categories. :)
ImageImage
<InsertName>

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Trading updates.

Postby rey skywalker » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:13 pm

I personally think this will complicate trading further, and create more issues. I don't have the breathe to explain it, but trading is so hard these days. Adding new categories to refine the groups, seems like it will make trading impossible at some point. I appreciate the effort, but it fills me with so much anxiety, I really reconsider my own interest in trading at all anymore. I barley do it, because I end up overpaying. Going forward, I see so much demand going into the "new rarities" that are being proposed. This just feels like an issue that will never be resolved. I don't wish to sound so critical, but the amount of anxiety I just got, was so thick.

I do want to trade, I want there to be a future for tading, but with the way users feel about rarities, I never see it being resolved. I see the whole list demanding users to obtain certain rarities. I would prefer we just leave pet values alone, as it's already so impossible to trade these days.

I only trade and buy between my friends, because there's some common feeling about worth there. But beyond this, I only see list owners benefitting, and older users from 2013 and older. I see newer users struggling.

I am a little surprised a lot of the event pets were uncommon, as I feel so many other events possessed more rare pets. I don't see this improving much, I really feel a bulk of the issue being in this list value and true date issue. But that's my two sense. I don't expect others to agree, and I don't know how to fix the problem.

But if you believe this will make things better, I really hope you think it through. Not that you aren't, but rarities have caused so many issues.

I just probably won't be trading going further.
rey skywalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamezelle » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:15 pm

Ooh this is awesome !

I voted for the four new rarities. Considering the massive amount of different pets on this website, it makes sense to be able to distinguish them more precisely.

This would also help a lot with trading, especially regarding VR+ unpopular species that may not have been adopted as much as dogs or cats.

I hope this thread will not end with people fighting each others about the poll options, the best solution and whatnot >w<
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuyunofabuki » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:16 pm

I think the 4 new categories could be beneficial. Some players may have to readjust their pet shops if they have any but, it could also level the playing field as to say to basically have everyone need to relearn the rarity system and some pets that were overlooked before may get a chance to finally shine I feel.
𝐘𝐎𝐔─────────
Fuyunofabuki, bday: Feb 12th, see
my cs insta for my upcoming events
- share your chicken smoothie goals
make me an oc ───────Image
fuyunofabuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winx » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:17 pm

Gimme, gimme those additional rarity bars. Yes please! Very excited to see what the final outcome ends up being. I see them all as great solutions.
blah

Hi there ya precious beans.

Always willing to help with trades
or pricing pet/item/C$ values ♥
Feel free to PM me!

Got a problem and
think CS staff could fix it?
Submit a ticket!

TH Characters

winx
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravens-Folklore » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:18 pm

I think you could do a lot potentially by adding four new rarities, but if you do that many you definitely need the new notches in the rarity bars too, or it might get extremely confusing very quickly. :)
Just call me Kyler, friends. Trans; he/him; adult

I LOVE TO TALK ABOUT MY INTERESTS. I HOPE WE HAVE THINGS IN COMMON. A few of my interests below, always open to PM!

ALL THINGS KPOP; Ravenclaw; Team Mystic, ask for my PoGo code!; Digimon Adventure 01/Adventure 02/Tri; Markiplier and Jacksepticeye; Game/Film/Food Theory; Nerd Explains; jacksfilms; Mayday: Air Disasters; Chopped; Beat Bobby Flay; Iron Chef America; the entire Saw franchise; the entire Purge franchise; Pitbulls and Parolees/most Animal Planet shows; my dream is to be a zoologist and I am an artist. I am a newly certified and working Veterinary Assistant.

I ACHIEVED MY BIGGEST DREAMIE I'M CRYING I'M SO HAPPY: Image
Ravens-Folklore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Froggieee » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:19 pm

I like the ideas of the new rarity systems, as it may help with getting older pets if it changes their rarities, but on the other hand it feels a little overwhelming.

I’m still voting for the new rarity categories though, and I’m hoping it helps spread out the rares more, as they’re hard to trade for for me :>
Froggieee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me