Artist Applications - CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Postby Rainyli » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:10 am

Hi! I've noticed that the majority of the replies on this thread are questions and answers. Just a suggestion, a FAQ section underneath the main info might be a good idea ^^ not trying to mini-mod though lol
Rainyli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Artist Applications, Staff Changes !

Postby ~valentine~ » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:53 pm

TheMidnightSystemm wrote:
Seasonal wrote:
KiraDazokuWolf wrote:Hello! I have one question, would re-doing the eyes be okay? It's proven a bit difficult to just color over what is already there. Thanks^^

You can recolor the eyes but they should not be redrawn.

as for the applications, we do have a similar question and would like to ask for clarification on this answer. does this mean we’re required to keep the shapes (defined by different colours) within the iris/pupil the same, or can we edit what’s in the iris/pupil as long as we don’t change the outer black lineart?

thank you for this opportunity, and goodbye again, yugi!
-grian (gravel) :]

sorry if this was already answered, i have this question as well!
~valentine~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby *JACKAL* » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:54 am

Rainy Kitten wrote:Hi! I've noticed that the majority of the replies on this thread are questions and answers. Just a suggestion, a FAQ section underneath the main info might be a good idea ^^ not trying to mini-mod though lol

Not in this case. This is the first artist application on CS I believe.The rest of the positions though, yes.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re:

Postby Lennie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:10 am

*JACKAL* wrote:
Rainy Kitten wrote:Hi! I've noticed that the majority of the replies on this thread are questions and answers. Just a suggestion, a FAQ section underneath the main info might be a good idea ^^ not trying to mini-mod though lol

Not in this case. This is the first artist application on CS I believe.The rest of the positions though, yes.

This is actually the second time (guest) Artist Applications have opened on CS! The first time was in 2019, which is where the Pyurae line edits/species was first introduced to the site. ^^
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bambee Nightshade » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:50 pm

I applied for a pet artist position, and because of my dyslexia, completely missed the sentence where it said you needed to make forum posts. The only reason I hadn't posted to the forums is that I just in general don't use forums on sites, because I just don't have much to add to forum discussions and because I'm really socially awkward and have a hard time starting conversations. Oh well, I probably won't get the position, but that's ok! I still had fun making my pets!
Bambee Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dezda » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:34 pm

I hope it’s okay to ask this here - but am I reading correctly that artists on CS are not compensated for their work in any way? Not even with C$? Has that historically always been the case?

That makes me feel a little uncomfortable ngl. Like without the artists, CS wouldn’t exist.
Adult player.
Dezda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Electric~Lime~Zebra » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:41 am

Has there been a determined due date for applications yet?
.......Image
I was born to run, I don't belong to anyone
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
FR | Trade | link | link | ©
can't bite the devil on my tongue

She/her | Adult

CIS/IT degree
I'm a mom now
PM for any helpful links/tips
Looking for mass wl swaps

Electric~Lime~Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:38 am

Sianabi wrote:I hope it’s okay to ask this here - but am I reading correctly that artists on CS are not compensated for their work in any way? Not even with C$? Has that historically always been the case?

That makes me feel a little uncomfortable ngl. Like without the artists, CS wouldn’t exist.

All staff positions are volunteer positions. CS wouldn't be able to exist without any of our volunteers.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dezda » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:53 am

For sure, not trying to downplay anyone’s contributions! But CS makes money directly off artists (store pets), and indirectly through C$ sales in general (which is used for a number of things, one being to buy non-store pets).

I’m just confused on where that money goes - is it all spent directly on the site’s upkeep?
Adult player.
Dezda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dymestl » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:03 pm

Sianabi wrote:For sure, not trying to downplay anyone’s contributions! But CS makes money directly off artists (store pets), and indirectly through C$ sales in general (which is used for a number of things, one being to buy non-store pets).

I’m just confused on where that money goes - is it all spent directly on the site’s upkeep?

Howdy howdy!

When C$ were started (to my best understanding), they were originally intended to give players a way to unlock new and exciting pets with IRL currency if they so desired. This also gave CS a safe way to help fuel their upkeep; especially when C$ came into play, the site was growing rapidly and costs were/are high to keep a website this grand in check! So ye, these funnel out to maitenance costs for the site.

Oftentimes, the artists here at CS enjoy the work they do- some see it as a way to relax from the IRL and work on something fun! Volunteering is a fantastic way to show your love for the website that's always there for you and to express some creative freedom!
Dymestl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me