New Item/Dress-Up Interface

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: New Item/Dress-Up Interface

Postby RiЯ » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:23 pm

ButterflyChaser wrote:Anyone else not able to dress up on mobile?

Me. Can replace nothing, any item just mekes its "ghost" on the box. Android, firefox
RiЯ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:02 pm

I can't get the dress up to work on my iPad. It shows the pet (on the left hand side of the screen), but when I click on any item category, nothing shows up but a blank window (on the right hand side of the screen). It does that little spinning loading thing, but doesn't load the images. None of the buttons do anything either. I tried it several times, refreshing the screen, even logging out and then back in. Nothing makes it work. I tried pinching the screen and it still doesn't work.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (164.51 KiB) Viewed 665 times
My clickable adopts All on my LJ rather than putting all in my sig.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby i<3 wolves678 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:21 pm

I’ve wanted to get back into dressups for a long time now, and this amazing update finally gave me the push, but I’ve been encountering some issues, and judging by some other replies I’m not the only one.

Firstly, the remove all items button was incredibly useful for large dressups with a lot of items, but now there is only the option to use the selection box to remove all, which can be laggy at times. As good as this new update is, that button was an integral part of making large dressups and it’s removal is somewhat frustrating.

Secondly, I use an IPad for making my dressups, and while it works at first, if I spend too long on the page (10+ minutes or so), the whole page just stops responding. I can’t click any links, can’t browse items, and most importantly, cannot save, which leads to a lot of progress being lost. My iPad is usually very stable and has little issues with lag outside of this system, and it seems other people with mobile devices are suffering issues too, so if this is something that can be looked into, that would be great.
    *•—————————•*.
    Hey!! I’m i<3 wolves678,
    but you can call me Tiny.

I’m an aspiring artist and
    amateur animator who mainly
    focuses on creating fan content.
    My interests include
    Deltarune, Undertale, FNAF,
    Super paper Mario, NITW,
    Lemon Demon,
    and more I can’t be asked
    to list lol

she/they/it | adult
    ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
    .*•—————————•*.
i<3 wolves678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sonja123 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but I have noticed that when you remove items that you added to your pet after your last save the items are not available to re add to the pet until after you refresh the page. for example I was dressing up a pet with my new frogs, saved, added more items, clicked the remove button and all the new items I had added were not available to reuse until after I refreshed the page. Was this on purpose? or just my computer? my daughter tried on her account on chrome and it did the same things

Also when you add an item to a pet, the item does not get the blue 'Find' next to it like before the update. If you save and go to your items the 'find' is there but not when your on the pet that the item is on during editing. even saving and refreshing the page doesn't bring the 'find'. Unless your on a pet that doesn't have the item. I am sorry if the was on purpose. or if this is the wrong place for this.
Sorry if i sent a trade with the word good in it. My auto-correct changed the word gift into good. The trade is a gift. Just take it.

I also love all things pumpkin! I will take anything pumpkin!
ImageImageImage
Sonja123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scarlet Janefox » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:04 am

Okay so I just went to add items to one of my pets for the first time since the update and I noticed something very important to me was missing

THE LITTLE "FIND" THING NEXT TO THE ITEMS

Reading the post above I see that you can just go to your items page to see if they have the "find" button, but not on the dressup page itself. I only want to have items that I have doubles of available for trade, so I make sure to add at least one of each item to a pet, and when I'm doing that, I browse for items that don't have the little "find" button when I'm dressing up a pet, and now I can't do that anymore.

Please, I beg you, add the "find" button again when dressing up a pet.

Edit: It only appears on items that have none left and not on items where I'm just using one or two

Edit 2: Okay nevermind it's there when I refresh which is good enough for me lol sorry I panicked
I am fennec.
Hear me scream.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Any pronouns

Flight Rising

Youtube
(Mostly dance videos,
some animation stuff)

Toyhou.se

Trade Thread
Scarlet Janefox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:03 am

I miss the "find" button under items soon as you use it. :C it makes it much easier when it comes to storing items, and to double check to see if you have a double of it. Refreshing does bring it back, but it's an extra step that would take more time, especially for someone who has lots of items. I'd love to have this back! ❤

Other than that, I love how we can flip items! I've been wanting that feature for so long. If the "find" was put back, it would be perfect!! :D thank you so much for all your hard work cs!! ❤❤❤
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Araviir » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:28 am

Can anyone else just... not remove items anymore? I can't drag them off my pet, and theres no longer an option for remove all items, so I can't remove them at all

Am i just, totally blind and not seeing an obvious way to do this? 'Cause that's totally possible tbh, haha.

Using Firefox Nightly for Android on a Galaxy s6 tablet
Back on CS after a long absence, tons of pre-2012 rares for trade! looking to fill out my collection from the years I've been gone! Check my trade rules for current most-wanteds!
(also trading pets for Flight Rising treasure + gems!!)
Araviir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dia_dartenheit » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:25 pm

I don't like the new interface. :/
As many other people I use my pets to hide items on them, so no one can make a trade offer - to save space I moved items almost outside the view box, so I can only see them in the dress-up mode but since there is an overlay right now, I'll have to sacrifice more pets. :/ Can't we really have a closed wardrobe where we can push items we want to keep???

Another irritating thing: items that are already added to the pet don't have "find" on them anymore, so I don't know if I already put that item on this pet or not - this is especially bad in the above case, but also when I want to not double items on complicated dress-ups or double them on various pets.

Moving items from list to the pet is buggy - from time to time I can't drop the item, because I somehow managed to click the item below and not drop the item I hold.

I'm using Win10/Chrome browser.
dia_dartenheit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:08 am

Love it! Very awesome.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mayorati » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:03 am

I actually like the new interface. The new features were a good addition, thank you!

There are a few issues I have which are that putting items back just doesn't work on mobile. All it does is move the items out of the frame but not back in the 'toybox'.
I'd really like to have the "Remove all items" button and the find button to find used items on my pets. I don't think it was a good idea to remove them. Please tell me where to find them if I'm just missing them though.

Edit: I'm on Firefox version 81.1.5 and Android version 9, have cleared all cache and am not using private mode, if that helps.
Last edited by Mayorati on Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mayorati

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me