Roleplay Moderators - Applications closed! Now choosing.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! (age 16+)

Postby Rats. » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:10 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: About two years ago.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): Over OneThousand
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?: Im almost on everyday and on every hour unless i'm in school.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:No.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.:No i mainly stay with CS.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: yes
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: I would like to make CS a safer community for the younger ones, make it save for them to view and feel comfortable, and not be bullied.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:If asked to, i can help with making more peoples role-playing skills sharper

«Call me Kc!»
«She/Her»
«Bi»
«Previous name was Wake Up Lieutenant»
Rats.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noodles132 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:12 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:44 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
7, I took a break for a while (due to school and a new job) , but I'm back now! :)

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I've admined a few of my own sites, but they are long since dead, I was almost a moderator for the following site, but the site messed up and someone made a new one, all in all the website crashed :/ http://ilovehorses411.webs.com/

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
Wild lands 1, 2, and 3, Unbridled, my own sites, equus-sims, Rymm, countless others all but equus-sims are inactive now, and ES is more of a The Sims 3 based game :p

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
A few :)

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I love roleplaying, I'm a well-spoken writer with lots of talent, I'd like to encourage writers on CS to write over 100 words per post, although it wouldn't be necessary, I would love to teach the CS world how to become better roleplayers with experience and skill in writing, making interesting characters with real personalities and believable lives. I'm a great person to get along with and I'll listen to both sides of a story before I'd make any decision (fights and such) I won't be biased and I'm excited to have my application read :)

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I'm a good writer, I have lots of skill in admining and I know how to handle situations. I've never had official training, but high school pretty much helps you learn how to think things through. I'm mature, yet fun-loving, and I love to have fun, but will be serious when problems arise. If I am picked, I hope to be able to learn more about my fellow roleplayers as well as teach them some awesome roleplay tricks :)
Noodles132

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sulphur Wolf » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Question~

If Someone Was Just A Few Months Away From Turning 16 Would They Be Allowed To Apply As Well?
ImageImage

Please Click My Eggs...
http://dragcave.net/user/dragonluver23
Image <-Orphaned Dragon! Egg Found At 1:50pm Jan 16, 2016 And Hatched At 1:55pm Jan 16, 2016.... She Only Had 3 Days Left Til Death! Her Name Is Igniteous. Ignis For Short :3
Sulphur Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:54 pm

NewLevelOfBizarre wrote:Question~

If Someone Was Just A Few Months Away From Turning 16 Would They Be Allowed To Apply As Well?

Tess wrote:No, I'm sorry, but if you're not 16 at the time of applying then your application will not be considered.

It may seem stupid to exclude people when they're just a few weeks or months away from being 16, but that's the youngest age we would be willing to accept, and we'll prefer people even older than that. If you're not even 16 yet then you'd have a hard time competing against older applicants that meet all the criteria.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:40 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:02 am

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
Everyday; Generally it depends. Some days i take a break because being on the comp the whole day every day is too much. But I check it every couple of hrs from my 3ds. On the weekends is when I spend the most time on it; drawing and writing. Or contests. Coloring in alot.

4.Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Yes; Proboards mainly. But I mod a few adoptables. Currently the most known would be Marble Cats

5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?
http://rfwx.proboards.com/ http://awakeninside.proboards.com/index.cgi? http://114195.proboards.com/index.cgi (Where I originally began) http://www.clearcall.proboards.com/index.cgi (Where I began literate rping) http://caninesxforgotten.proboards.com/index.cgi http://luvmeerkat.proboards.com/index.cgi

6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
A few; Mainly horse ones, then wolves and I stopped at the dog fighting rp. After the rule was passed, nothing really held my interest like playing in the world where one of my pups from an proboards rp could live her life like her father.

7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I enjoy reading other peoples work; I'm on cs all the time and have the ability to check rps much like I used to when I modded a few of them. I've met many of the staff members and had the pleasure of talking with them, it seems like it'd be a fun job. Course with the usual amount of stress; but stress propels me to work harder. I want to help out other members of the staff team, with the work load. I know it's alot to go through every single day. But I already do similar going through art for copies. I also want to help other rpers learn and so to speak "evolve" into better rpers. And keep in-appropriate content out of the view of much younger generations who are not used to violence or adult content.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I own Nuka River Pack on google it's a rp site. It's been down a few years because I lost interest, same with Warriors of tomorrow, Naruto Awaken Inside. Well; I don't exactly remember when I began modding, I started rping when I was in sixth grade. But generally my bosses are happy with the outcome. I have yet to get a complaint. Not even about being to hard or easy on them. I can bring experience, Strictness, teaching, structure, stealth. Why? Because although some people have not enjoyed it when I have encountered a lower leveled rper I try to teach them how to up their level, especially when they really need it. I've helped with issues concerning an rp where a member that had been banned from many ip addresses kept re-appearing I went "Under-cover so to speak and snuffed them out by talking to them. I like to keep order, and very much hate Power-playing. I'm probably around an advanced rper here, because I noticed rping levels here are different from proboards. I am generally an animal rper but I HAVE rped people as well. So I'm not just a one-trick pony. I'm friendly, as well as on the proboards sites I was generally the person bringing in new members so I greeted them. I can be dis-connected. When it comes to my job and friends; job takes priority. I've been around cs for awhile to pick up on things. I work well in a team. I seriously enjoy my job as a mod, I used to miss it alot when I stopped rping. I'm also usually on when I'm least expected to be on considering my timezone.
My Wmes~Senegal Zebras~Crownies
ImageImageImage
Now accepting Commissions!
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colonel Sarcasm » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
I have been on CS since Tue March 20, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
I have made 2194 posts

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
I log on CS every day and usually stay on for 2 - 2 1/2 hours (this might change if I have to go out of town, but I should be back in a day or two

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No I have no background of being an official moderator and want to give it a try.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
No I spend most of my role-playing time on CS

Yes, I have made and participated in several role-plays (Mainly Guardians of Ga'hoole, Warriors and Redwall) and understand how they work.

I would like to try out being a moderator for CS. I love trying out new things and I love rping. I also enjoy reading what other people like to write/create. Plus, I like to look at the different designs/picture and extras people put on the front page of their rp. Mainly, I want to make CS a better website!

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Well, I don't have much experience in modding, except for being a mini-mod on Fanclubs and Art Shops. I'm also good with people, but I can sometimes be shy, this usually depends on how they act. I also dedicate my time to working with students with mental illnesses and enjoy volunteering at nursing homes.
Last edited by Colonel Sarcasm on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Under Construction

Mood:
Thinking about mini-skirts. Enough said.

Quote of the Day:
"That's a stupid question, Havoc. I say it because it's true. And when I'm Führer, there will be changes. That day, all female officers will be required to wear...TINY MINISKIRTS!"
- Roy Mustang

Definition of the Day:
Useless: 1. Without useful qualities; Of no practical good. 2. Colonel Roy Mustang in the rain.
Colonel Sarcasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tremayne » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:45 am

September 24, 2009.
    9867 posts.
    Every day if I can. I have volleyball tournaments every once in a while but I usually get on that night. When I am on I am on for 2-6 hours at a time.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?
    No.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?
    Caiuka - Stopped roleplaying here because they closed the site. Call of Time - Stopped roleplaying here because I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would.
    Yes. Quite a few. More than a few. A lot. Roleplaying is the only thing I do on CS.
    Honestly, I love helping out anywhere I can. I have always wanted to apply to become a moderator whenever the forms come up, but I have never met the requirements. I also stalk roleplays ALL the time, reading them even if I am not looking to participate in them. I really enjoy reading other people's work. Also, I don't appreciate it when people disrespect the site rules, and I would love to help moderate them.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
    I am good with people. I am good at talking to them with a calm and collected attitude, and you can also expect a full commitment from me.
Last edited by vvitch on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal Details: Please don't give out personal details. (Age/Location/Etc)
Tremayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Faith~ » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:47 am

Please don't post your real age.
XXX

┏───────────────────────────┐
....Hello, ~Faith~ here.
....I'm your average young adult. I also love to draw, horseback ride and much more.
....Feel free to PM if you need help,
....I'm always willing to listen.
..~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
....∂єνιαитαят
....ωσι
....ωмεs/ωмє ¢нαℓℓєиgє

....Image
....ImageImage
....Take me as I come, or watch me as I go.
└───────────────────────────┛
~Faith~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jadeghost » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:23 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?
February 7th, 2010. I've been here a while!

How many posts have you made in the forum?
Nearly 11,000. 10,781 to be exact.

I'm here 7 days a week. As I can access CS from my phone all the time, I probably check in with things about once every two hours at least, even when I'm not in front of a computer. I'd say I'm here at least 3-5 hours a day at the very minimum: this is by far my most visited site.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
I haven't been a mod for any other site, but I've recently taken over as one of the owners of the Very Rare Hoarders thread, if that counts for anything. That's the first and only large thread I've ever "owned," unless of course you count RPs.

Nope, never. CS was my first roleplaying experience!

More than I can probably recall. Obviously I started as a beginner, but now I prefer more advanced and semi-lit threads. However, I'm very expierenced with both animal/humanoid and human, beginner to semi lit, and 1x1 and group. I've done them all at least once, if not multiple times.

Honestly, I've never had any real "desire" to be any sort of a moderator on CS. I've always felt that there were better, more qualified people than me out there, and so I've stayed in the shadows for quite some time. However, I've come to realize that I do have some leadership skills that are quite apparent outside the internet; so why not use them while I'm here? I think I've been underestimating myself. After taking over the VRH thread and loving it, I know I'm up for the challenges this job will bring. I really want to be able to be there for all the members of CS, new and old, and I want to be someone they can feel free to approach with any sort of problem they may have. I want to resolve issues and make this site a place where no one has to feel scared or threatened. After staring at the topic every single day since it has come up I knew I had to at least try for this position, it couldn't hurt to put myself out there. If I didn't think I was up for the job I wouldn't have bothered applying. I know you will pick the very best people for the job!

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Being the oldest of four children, I'm very experienced with handling fights and resolving issues XD Don't know if that counts for anything though. I also know how important it will be to keep things safe for the younger audience that views these threads because again, I do have a lot of experience working with children.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sqworms » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 pm

I registered for Chicken Smoothie on October 15, 2010.
I have made 7436 (and counting) posts in the forum.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?:
I log on Chicken Smoothie seven days a week for 2+ hours a weekday and 5+ on the weekends.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I have moderated on my own few roleplay sites, though this was long ago.
I roleplay on Twitter, Tumblr, through text, over email, mweor and a few other places...
I've been in quite a few roleplays and enjoy doing it :)
I'd like to become a Chicken Smoothie moderator because I enjoy reading and replying to roleplays on Chicken Smoothie. I've been roleplaying for a few years now and I really enjoy it. It's become more of a hobby for me now and a common topic among my friends. I like to help out owners of specific roleplays and I own a few myself. I'd like to be able to help out around my favorite website and make it a better, family friendly place. c:
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):
I created a website a while ago for specific genre roleplay and have actually found different ways to roleplay. I am friends online and offline as well as others I see fighting on roleplay sites. In addition, I am pretty good at remaining calm during stressed situations and am good with people.
sqworms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me