We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Which path should we take to improve the pet rarity system?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:06 pm

Keep the current categories, but spread pets out more across the categories we have
22%
Add a new "very uncommon" rarity category
16%
Add four new rarity categories
62%

Total votes : 5068

Re: We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Postby Caelus » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:38 am

DJ-BLING wrote:It's not fair I've had my account since 2009 and all my old pets use to be rar very rare and omg rare and now majority are just uncommen moments and very commen that's not fair at all the rarety should change once its placed on a pet. Very disappointed and unhappy about thisπŸ˜•πŸ˜­πŸ˜’

Can I ask which pets you're referring to? No very rare or OMGSR pets have ever dropped down that far to my knowledge. The rarity tag is a measure of how many active accounts possess [X] pet and isn't really an arbitrary value the admins decide upon, so fluctuations tend to be very minor.
Additionally, this hypothetical update to rarities hasn't happened yet. You may be thinking of the monthly rarity changes?
Caelus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saijuri » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:36 am

I will Love to sea the Date are Works for the Rarity :) So a 2008 Pet are allways higher in Rarity than a 2023 Pet .
I spend a lots of Time in Trades User Ask for a 2009 Uncommon and will give a 2023 Uncommon . Its the same Rarity .
Maybe the New Raritys can Fix it :) ? I hope so ! Somethimes i have the Feeling my Old Pets are worth less than at the Time i start the Game...
Just looking for Wishlist Pets :)
My Goal : Have all Pets on CS .... any Day .... maybe ... its hart :P
Saijuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:29 am

Wolfs-rain wrote:I will Love to sea the Date are Works for the Rarity :) So a 2008 Pet are allways higher in Rarity than a 2023 Pet .
I spend a lots of Time in Trades User Ask for a 2009 Uncommon and will give a 2023 Uncommon . Its the same Rarity .
Maybe the New Raritys can Fix it :) ? I hope so ! Somethimes i have the Feeling my Old Pets are worth less than at the Time i start the Game...

The only thing that date can effect rarity was fewer people were around to adopt said pet. so most do end up rarer, but in theory a very rare from 2020 is worth the same as a very rare from 2008, but, with this rarity update, it will make the rarities more accurate
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxcloud19 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:34 am

ShadowHunteress wrote:
Wolfs-rain wrote:I will Love to sea the Date are Works for the Rarity :) So a 2008 Pet are allways higher in Rarity than a 2023 Pet .

The only thing that date can effect rarity was fewer people were around to adopt said pet. so most do end up rarer, but in theory a very rare from 2020 is worth the same as a very rare from 2008, but, with this rarity update, it will make the rarities more accurate

Yes! I'm hoping more people will stop specifying that it has to be the same date AND rarity. I used to think that date mattered because pets from years ago didn't have as many in circulation due to some being locked in inactive accounts. But then I found out that they don't even count the pets in inactive accounts when determining rarity so I was like "Why then?"
foxcloud19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arlecchino β™‘ » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:35 am

Kinda just seals the deal that some of us that aren't hyperfocused on accuracy are getting the short end of the stick. I'd honestly rather quit than have to re sort everything once rarities change AGAIN. Well enough isn't good enough for some and it's mildly frustrating.

We already had a rarity update that made things harder to figure out, I get some people say it'll be easier, but when the whole point for some of us is just completing a collection, it complicates things beyond measure and just isn't worth continuing.

[Edit; please don't quote this. I've already had people shoot down my concerns over again and do not care for input. Just putting my thoughts out there.]
[Edit 2; Again, I won't be entertaining combatitive quotes.]
Last edited by Arlecchino β™‘ on Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arlecchino β™‘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:40 am

Arlecchino β™‘ wrote:Kinda just seals the deal that some of us that aren't hyperfocused on accuracy are getting the short end of the stick. I'd honestly rather quit than have to re sort everything once rarities change AGAIN. Well enough isn't good enough for some and it's mildly frustrating.

We already had a rarity update that made things harder to figure out, I get some people say it'll be easier, but when the whole point for some of us is just completing a collection, it complicates things beyond measure and just isn't worth continuing.

How so? If anything it should make it easier making it more accurate so straight swaps should be easier. The hardest thing about completing a collection is demand honestly (This coming from someone who just needs recent pets and UR's). Trading has been complicated for a long while, and has only seem to have gotten worse as the years have gone by, yeah there will be more rarities, but the older pets shouldn't change much, and it'll make getting the newer pets easier.
I am just curious how you think this will complicate things?
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soccerali9 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:42 am

I think this is an awesome idea as I have never understood the disparity between rares and very rares. That said, I’m confused as to why there are so few OMGSC. Shouldn’t there be more OMGSC than common? Or are the graphs on the first page based on unique linearts not total count of the pet in chicken smoothie? Read the recap on p40
                  I love giving gifts so PM me if you know a deserving user (;
                  Currently watching: NCIS, Star Trek Voyager
                  I love wolves and dragons β™₯

soccerali9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rileypillow » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:17 am

I’m really excited about the upcoming rarity update. It’ll be a far more accurate system, with no more waiting years for rarity to increase, and while it won’t fix the issues surrounding demand, it could certainly lessen them.

However, while I understand the reasoning behind adding the notches to the rarity bars, I’d rather there be an option to turn it off. And as others have pointed out, rainbow rarity bar should stay reserved for custom pets - OMGSR should either stay purple, or the pastel rainbow idea suggested a few pages back as that’d be different enough from customs.
rileypillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:40 am

I voted for one new rarity to be added. But honestly at this point I am ready for the change to be made and ready for the chaos of 4 new rarities. I feel like trading might be slightly more comprehensive which has been a big issue lately.
──-────────────────────
❝ raven|she|adult ❞
────────────────────-──
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆ
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
──-────────────────────
❝ hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!
❞

────────────────────-──
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆ
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
──-───────────────
❝coding credit pascal
collection dream❞

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
───────────────-──
───────────────-──
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ β–ˆ
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shaileya » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:20 am

Just want to chime in to the please make the notches toggle-able if they are added crowd. Fine with them existing for color blindness (Though I don't really think that is a good system for that, either, really. I think the shapes suggestion with less bars going on that someone made makes way more sense than sooo many lines together where a color blind person isn't going to be able to discern one from another at a glance anyhow), but I don't want them for myself. They're going to make things worse for me visually, not better.

Can't say I feel the naming system is very clear, either. Do we really need more categories under Common when the existing ones are almost never used? Trying to make a large number of pets have even less value than Common when Common already feels like the bottom rung feels very odd. I already don't try to trade the few pets that get the black mark of 'even less valuable than a common'. as it is.
Shaileya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me