Artist Applications - CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Artist Applications, Staff Changes !

Postby wen » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:59 am

hello! i've had the same problem with submitting the application and having the page reset after loading for a while, and i've seen mention of "saving" an application so this doesn't happen. how do you save an application? the only button i see present is the one to submit, and i'm worried about overusing that and flooding a bunch of unfinished applications in lol

thank you! <3
quiet, but not unfriendly!
probably too nice with trades

be fiercely kind to yourself <3
wen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:48 am

wen wrote:hello! i've had the same problem with submitting the application and having the page reset after loading for a while, and i've seen mention of "saving" an application so this doesn't happen. how do you save an application? the only button i see present is the one to submit, and i'm worried about overusing that and flooding a bunch of unfinished applications in lol

thank you! <3

Submitting your application will save whatever you've answered or attached to it, you can go back to it and edit it as much as you like and need to before applications close. Whenever you add more to your already saved application and hit submit, it will just reflect those changes instead of sending in a new application so not to worry about hitting the submit button to save as you go!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:49 am

wen wrote:hello! i've had the same problem with submitting the application and having the page reset after loading for a while, and i've seen mention of "saving" an application so this doesn't happen. how do you save an application? the only button i see present is the one to submit, and i'm worried about overusing that and flooding a bunch of unfinished applications in lol

thank you! <3

"Saving" and "submitting" mean the same thing here: when you submit your application, you're saving it and can come back later and continue to edit it as needed. Resubmitting replaces your previous submission rather than sending a new one. If it's resetting to the blank form when you try to submit, your submission didn't go through properly.

Make sure you have a good internet connection, that your files are the right format (PSD or PNG for your coloring entry and PSD, PNG, or JPG for the other art examples), and try uploading only one image at a time, saving between each one. If you're still having trouble, let us know!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~valentine~ » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:55 am

Hello! I was wondering if adding shading to certain patterns that I color in is against the "edited shading" rule?
~valentine~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❥ Candilicious ❥ » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:49 am

Hi, I'm sorry to bother, but I was wondering if there was a limit on who can apply for artist? Like, do you only accept members/consider accepting members who have been part of CS for by or more months?
❥ Candilicious ❥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:00 pm

Snailpuppy wrote:Hello! I was wondering if adding shading to certain patterns that I color in is against the "edited shading" rule?

Adding shading would be considered editing. This is a test of your coloring skills, so you should focus only on recoloring the template as it's given. You can then use your other art examples to show off your skills in other areas.

Huskyflower wrote:Hey, one more quick question. Hope I'm not asking too many!
Are we allowed to blend colors in the color palettes? Also, are we allowed to use variants of the colors at all, or only the exact colors? (For example, could I make some of the colors slightly lighter or darker, or can they only be the exact color and tone?) Thanks so much!

You may only use the six colors in the palette; adding or altering colors is not allowed. Using blending/fading/gradients in your design is fine, but just be careful when blending that you don't accidentally end up creating a distinct new color as part of the gradient. If you pick the 4th palette and blend between red and yellow, for example, it should be done in a way that doesn't look like you added an orange color to the palette.

You can look at the annual staff litters for examples of what kind of blending and other effects are permitted when working with a set palette!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KiraDazokuWolf » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:17 pm

Hello! I have one question, would re-doing the eyes be okay? It's proven a bit difficult to just color over what is already there. Thanks^^
KiraDazokuWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:26 pm

KiraDazokuWolf wrote:Hello! I have one question, would re-doing the eyes be okay? It's proven a bit difficult to just color over what is already there. Thanks^^

You can recolor the eyes but they should not be redrawn.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:05 pm

Can transparency be something included in the design, like glass?

I read through the comments and it seems like some staff are expecting a litter to be created, and other just expect a wide array of designs. Could I get confirmation on which one is to be expected?
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:54 pm

Wookieinmashoo wrote:Can transparency be something included in the design, like glass?

I read through the comments and it seems like some staff are expecting a litter to be created, and other just expect a wide array of designs. Could I get confirmation on which one is to be expected?

I'd recommend sticking with making a design without transparency and using one of the other upload spots to show how you create the transparency/glass look if that's something you want to showcase.

We just want to see what you can do with what's given, you only have 3 pets to colour in so doing different designs would give us more examples. Don't forget you do have extra spots to share other examples of your art with us as well. ^^

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me