Global Mods wanted - NOW CLOSED, selecting...

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Mods wanted - apply within!

Postby scree53 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:00 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
I registered on November 27th, 2013.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Currently I have 6422 posts.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes, I am.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
7 days a week, unless something personal comes up.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Like many others, I tend to spend an hour or so on CS before disappearing and then coming back on. Altogether, it's between 4-9 hours depending on how busy I am.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I've modded for my adoption center but that's really just it. I may seem unexperienced, but practice makes perfect.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
The main reason why I wanted to become a global moderator was because I thought it would give me some more experience with children as my dream is to become a pediatrician. I also do admit that when I first joined, I was inappriopriate and thought warnings were just a joke. Since then, I've become more mature and I wanted to prove to the community that I have changed. The last reason is because this community has given me a lot and I would love to give back by helping out.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Since I've owned a couple of free adopt topics, I've had to issue out warnings and deal with angry members after. It's not exactly pleasant, but I've learned how to keep calm and deal with people who get mad after I tell them something that they don't like.
QUITTING
Papa Three <33

Adoption CenterCoding
scree53

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LissaJo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:54 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Mon May 30, 2011 5:26 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Total posts: 1560 | (0.00% of all posts / 1.32 posts per day)

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
yes

3+ (some days 8+)

no

I am a mature adult who is a manager at my real life job and deal with handling problems everyday.. CS is my guilty pleasure and out of habit I tend to 'mod' if I see something minor that someone needs informed about. I am currently unable to work at my job for a while due to a car accident so I am home, bored, and needing a job that I can do sitting on the couch, and I would love for that 'job' to be CS :)

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I am a mature adult who is a manager at my real life job and deal with handling problems everyday. I have mentored troubled youth through Big Brothers, Big Sisters
LissaJo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nixie. » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:56 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 28, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4113

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? everyday

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 10 or more

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them other than my http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1960005&p=60985923#p60985923art%20shop no

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to be able to help the cs community and I love helping people with problems/ questions.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I can help people if they are very angry and are upset, I can also speak french but im not fluent with it
.~Oogie~.
~.:{Deviant art}:~.
Nixie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Expresso. » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:44 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: 13th of July, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5299

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? On a daily basis

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 4 - 5 hours on and off on weekdays, and 7-8 hours on weekends

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No, sorry

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I enjoy this game and it has been a brilliant experience to interact with the community and staff, so I really want to give something back and help keep this game enjoyable and fun

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I speak some French and fluent Chinese. I am very patient and fair and I believe I can help maintain the CS threads
My Characters | Trades | dA | Art Shop
ImageImageImage
I'm on a hiatus :'(
Expresso.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MarcusC301 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to ask a question!
I am not 18+ but I am 10+.
And I am quite mature....
I know quite a lot about CS...
I can find links to all the important threads...
I am quite calm and can solve conflicts easily without making an enemy (hopefully!)
Although I come from Hong Kong, I am extremely fluent in english because I attend a ESF (English Schools Foundation) school for 7 years already!
I come on CS every single day.
I just wanted to ask if I could maybe apply.... :D
don't click this link...
One Direction is awesome!
Give MarcusC301 a wow!
Click on these dragons to watch them grow!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

MarcusC301

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:05 pm

MarcusC301 wrote:Hi Guys!
I just wanted to ask a question!
I am not 18+ but I am 10+.
And I am quite mature....
I know quite a lot about CS...
I can find links to all the important threads...
I am quite calm and can solve conflicts easily without making an enemy (hopefully!)
Although I come from Hong Kong, I am extremely fluent in english because I attend a ESF (English Schools Foundation) school for 7 years already!
I come on CS every single day.
I just wanted to ask if I could maybe apply.... :D

Sorry, but because of some of the mature content moderators view, you need to be at least 18 to be able to apply.

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaosin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:49 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined the ChickenSmoothie community on January 15, 2009.
How many posts have you made in the forum:
Before this post, I have made 9,914 posts.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I am old enough and willing to risk seeing adult content while screening posts.
On average, all seven days, unless something comes up.
On average, anywhere from five to twelve hours a day, depending on the activities that day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I have. However, the site closed down including the URL from the site, making it inaccessible.
The reason I wish to be a moderator for ChickenSmoothie is because I love to help others. I also have wanted to be staff here for a few years. I have over three years experience of moderating and owning my own sites and I would love to be able to offer my skills for ChickenSmoothie. I would love to keep the site safe for members of all ages, no matter what the case may be. I also want to be able to prevent art theft since that is a major part of my personal goals.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I bring almost three years worth of people skills to the position. I am able to keep an extremely level head when it comes to work, never have a temper, and I am very upbeat in a lot of situations. I have the ability to adapt to almost anything, no matter the issue. I am very limited in Spanish, but I can pick up Spanish and vague bits and pieces of Portuguese. I also plan to take Japanese in the next year or two depending on my budget. I'd also be able to bring help throughout the day, since I'm on at strange hours of the day or night as well.

Thank you for taking the time to review my application and giving everyone the opportunity the chance to apply! (:

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:09 am

What date did you register as a CS member?
Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:29 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I am old enough to be a moderator (I am older than 18)

Every day, but I have been away for a few days since I was away on vacation.

It goes from 2 hours to 6 hours, sometimes even more. Lately a bit less since I am pregnant and had a lot of friends and family coming over, so I couldn't be online a lot while they were here. I was a little busy, but I have more free time now and in the future to be online more.

I was threadowner of the item wishing well for a while and I kept a close eye on it and I PMed people if I saw anyone breaking the rules.
I was also co-owner of the WL bombing thread a while ago.
I was a moderator on a Dutch horse game a while ago, but that site is no longer online. I found CS thanks to that site. There were about 5000 members, but most weren't active. I'd say about 600 were active a day, but it was a breeding game and most didn't really use the forums.
Now I no longer moderate anything, so I have time to moderate here.

When I started CS I didn't come online a lot in the beginning. But soon I came more and more. I quitted the horse game I played earlier, since less and less people came online. I come on CS to clear my mind, to relax and to have fun. It's a great game and it should stay a great game.
I want to help people out and use my time on CS more usefull. I used to RP a lot, but now I no longer RP a lot anymore. I stalk the FTT thread to learn more about rarities and I read the help section of the forum a lot, but most of the times other people are faster with their help. Though my rarity knowledge isn't great, I know about the value of pets and items in C$. I also know a lot about items.
I answer PMs as fast as I can, if I see 2 new messages and 7 new trades (just to give an example), I check my PMs before I look at my trades. I don't like it to let people wait longer than needed.

I love reading. I read a lot of books, and I also enjoy reading the forums. I'd love to help out on the site to keep the spam to a minimum. I am paptient and I don't mind answering the same question 10 times. I don't like saying 'use the search function'. I am the kind of person that answers the question, and advice to use the search function next time, with a link to the 'how to use the search function' guide. That is more usefull for them than a short answer.

I understand some users can feel offended or angry when they receive a board warning. I don't mind talking to them about it, and I don't mind that they act a little annoyed. I understand that receiving one isn't the best that can happen to them. But it needs to be done, and I am patience and polite enough to deal with it in a respectfull way. I am an understanding person.

Also, I understand it's annoying for COPPA members to have to wait for their posts to be approved. I'd love to help to keep that 'waiting list' as short as posible.
Same for the help tickets. I'd love to help out in any way I can.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I know about BB coding, though I wouldn't call it expert. But I know my way with it.
I work in a store, so I deal with lots of diffrent people. Some are really nice, others can be really rude. I can deal with everyone.
I can spead Englisch and Dutch. I can read German, but not perfectly and I can't speak or write it myself. But I can understand most of it.
I don't use chat speak, like 'w8', 'y'all' and stuff like that.

Thank you for reading and for your time!
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverstar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 am

APPLICATION
    What date did you register as a CS member?: 18 July 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum: 38,261

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am 18+ and I'm willing to risk seeing such content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Roughly 10 hours a day. As I'm most of the time online with my phone, CS is always open.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have moderated the German version of petz4fun (Haustierstall) which is a virtual pet and adoptables site. In the past there were 10.000+ members but across the years the site became very inactive.
    I have also been a moderator on Retrohotel, which is a virtual hotel like Habbo.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I would love to be a moderator because I have a lot of moderation and game experience, so I am able to moderate a forum efficiently and effectively. I also enjoy answering questions. Since I am frequently online and available and because I am capable of maintaining a fair and levelheaded attitude, I can handle anything that comes up appropriately and quickly and I would love to help out the site and people because I have been a member for four years now and I've got a good knowledge to solve the majority of problems people need help with. Because I am fair to all players, I always listen to both sides of an argument and I also respect and welcome constructive criticism.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I am a patient person and since I have been a head girl when I was still in school, I'm great working with a team and I try my best at everything I can do.
    I can also bring to the position my ability with language. My native tongue is German but I am fluent in English, so I can read and write both languages as well as speak them too and I am planning on studying French and Arabic as well.
    Another thing I can bring to the position is my positive attitude. I am a mature and friendly person who treats everyone fairly and with respect.

Silverstar
she/her - adult - avid animal lover
languages: German - English
playing genshin impact like 24/7

Image Image
Image Image
Silverstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeee » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:40 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 02, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 14656

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content
      when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: It's off an on, whether I have actually anything to reply to. If I'm having an ongoing conversation, drawing, RPing, etc, I could be on for 6-8 hours. If not, I'll usually just keep the tab open as long as I'm actually on my laptop, and occasionally check. However, school is starting in the beginning of September, and after that, I'd assume I'd be on from 3-5 hours, just under what I'm usually on. I try to be on as much as possible.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? I did probably around 4 years ago, but those forums are long gone and abandoned. It was a forum for RPing, and I sadly don't remember the name either. I can say that it was a rather popular forum, and I never had any complications (I was active, never pulled from the position, etc).

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I've been an active member of CS for 2 years now, and I honestly dearly love the site. It sounds a little silly, but I couldn't imagine ever leaving, at least for a years now to come. I'd love to kinda give back to the site and be a helper to it, strengthen it as a whole, because CS and the users on it have given so much to me.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:I would like to say, in the most modest way possible, I'm enthusiastic, patient, friendly, and I work great with others. I work my hardest to be a kind and caring person to everyone, even if they are not the same back. I hate fighting, and like resolving it instead. I'm good in a team, and while in a team, I think about the group as a whole - there's no I in team, right? I love helping people and bettering things. I'd always be working for ways to better CS users (helping them and giving them knowledge they'd like to have), and myself. As I said, I'm a patient person, and I have a controlled temper. I don't get angry easily, and don't take offense to insults, like some users might give. I can say that I'm easy to adapt, and is I get advice on how I could be a better moderator, I would take it no doubt. I will try my best to please the users, but I won't forget my job in the process.
feelsjoelman
Zeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me