We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Which path should we take to improve the pet rarity system?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:06 pm

Keep the current categories, but spread pets out more across the categories we have
22%
Add a new "very uncommon" rarity category
16%
Add four new rarity categories
62%

Total votes : 5068

Re: We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Postby ⋠ Kagutsuchi ⋡ » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:06 pm

Epic idea fr
🎀🧸 (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ 𝓢𝓱𝓱𝓱.... 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂, 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓷𝓪𝓹 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮...♥ 🧸🎀

🎀 𝕂𝕚𝕥'𝕤 ℕ𝕒𝕞𝕖: 【❈৳௹ 𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪 ௹৳❈】🎀
⋠ Kagutsuchi ⋡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Horror » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:06 pm

Looking forward to whatever the outcome will be! :D
I know one issue we need fixed is the large gap between VR and OMGSR, I'm happy to see if that's finally helped
Last edited by Horror on Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╔═══════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════╝

_人人人人人人人人人_
)ixx寄らないでよ !xix(
) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(
)  xxxHELLO ‼︎ xxx (
 ̄Y^Y^Y^Y^Y^Y^Y^ ̄

Horror

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥kittyfaith2210♥ » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:07 pm

I wouldn't be against adding extra rarity categories, but I am worried it might end up resulting in rare pets losing said rarity
Birthday - Jan. 29th
♥kittyfaith2210♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conarcoin » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:08 pm

♥kittyfaith2210♥ wrote:I wouldn't be against adding extra rarity categories, but I am worried it might end up resulting in rare pets losing said rarity

Think about it like this: If they go down in rarity, they probably shouldn't have been rare in the first place because they aren't actually that rare.

connor 🕯️ he/any 🎄 adult
conarcoin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:09 pm

♥kittyfaith2210♥ wrote:I wouldn't be against adding extra rarity categories, but I am worried it might end up resulting in rare pets losing said rarity

But wouldn’t that technically mean that they weren’t really that rare at all? Adding more rarity categories will make pet rarities more accurate.
June is Scoliosis Awareness Month! :mrgreen:

Pet's name: Pro-Spr
Pet's name: Kai (海)
Pet's name: Literally me
Happy pride month btw! :3
ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxcloud19 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:10 pm

To everyone saying that new rarity tags would cause things to be more confusing, I think it actually simplifies things a lot. As I understand it, the pets are not actually changing how rare they are, just their tags. This will help us understand better. Instead of looking at a rare pet and wondering why it doesn't have the same value as another rare pet, we will see that a rare pet does not have the same value as a very uncommon pet because they have 2 different tags. I know I hate trying to learn the "list" because it is sooo confusing. These tags will give a better understanding of what the actual value is as opposed to just an estimate of their value with lots of fluctuation. This site as thousands and thousands of pets, as more pets come in to play, we need more variety in rarity tags instead of the complicated system we currently have for understanding values. Hopefully that made sense.
foxcloud19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Briar-n'-stuff » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:11 pm

ShadowKatto wrote:

But wouldn’t that technically mean that they weren’t really that rare at all? Adding more rarity categories will make pet rarities more accurate.

I think their concern is that they payed for them like they were a real rare and if the rarity goes down then they wasted pets.

"The Honey is sweet, but the bee has a Sting."

Art shop- Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4773507#
Free art- Forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=4867815
Briar-n'-stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:11 pm

conarcoin wrote:

Think about it like this: If they go down in rarity, they probably shouldn't have been rare in the first place.

True, and some pets that weren't as "rare" before might end up becoming rarer! I honestly love this new idea and think it's a great way to start making changes on CS. I was going to quit the trading side of CS, but if this turns out to help in the way I think, I am definitely going to keep trading, and maybe setting new goals for myself, or even just overhauling my trading group. The VR and R rarities alone are extremely varied, so this could turn out to be super interesting.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:12 pm

Where is the "Get rid of all rarities" Option? Haha, remember those days when no pets had rarity bars? Pepperidge farm remembers (It's me, I am pepperidge farms)

I remember the whole 'uproar' when rarities were added to pets, of course there was some upset about past trades, etc. But, I think with more rarities, and a more accurate view of where pets are at, will hopefully help with trades. It seems years are still a HUGE deal of course, but, all rares fall in the same percentage available from all (active) users if I remember correctly. So, hopefully this helps ease peoples worries a little more when they trade, but of course change is always hard, I think adding more would be the best option though.
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shakespeare » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:12 pm

Cozy Twiggle wrote:Mmm.. The main question thats been forming at my head is why are we jumping from "one additional label" to "four additional labels"? Having a total of eleven rarity labels kind of makes it feel overwhelming to look at, even as an old player. I feel like the addition of Very uncommon + Extremely uncommon seems unnecessary, unless someone could explain the need for those two extra labels; is the gap between uncommon + rare really that large, even with all the events giving new/old players access to higher rarities?

this is similar to where I'm at--i like the idea of additional labels, but maybe not so many? I like the extremely common/extremely rare tags, perhaps paired with a slight redistribution. A redistribution as drastic as the pictured graph I personally think is a bit much, and would make things like very rare not actually very rare since the percent of pets in it is almost as much as the rare category, but perhaps just adding a couple tags like the EC/ER, shifting pets into those naturally, plus a slight bit of extra spread between the existing categories could be perfect.

» trades & pms always open
» flightrising xxx
» creaturebreeder xxx
♡♡♡

Shakespeare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me