Global Mods wanted - NOW CLOSED, selecting...

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Mods wanted - apply within!

Postby Kyles » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Application:
What date did you register as a CS member?: July 28th, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6,355
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I'd average it out at 10 to 15, though I'm sure I spend much more time on certain days.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? No.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I've been on CS for four years now. I have watched it grow in numbers, referring to staff, players, and pets alike. I have also had the privilege of befriending many people and quite surprisingly learning much about art, coding, and much more.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I worked with a friend at a facility in my area known as Manaia, helping troubled children become comfortable both in their own skins as well as around others. I also studied 3 years of German in high school.
"When one tries to master something, it ends in either success or failure. But it is in the attempt itself where you find the true value. Believe in your own power and walk your own path." ~Oki

Kyles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koton » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:19 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:15 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Of course!
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I always have a tab open with CS up and check often in the forums, mostly the auction forum.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I couldn't give an exact hour because I just tab in and out of CS since I am usually on the computer 24/7 (besides my collage classes). I guess you can say I really haven't started life so right now I am currently someone who spend there hours on writing, websites and other places.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I really never had the opportunity to moderate on any forums. But since the opportunity has risen I think it would be cool giving it a try.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I think the main reason I would want to me a moderator is being able to have a responsibility for this site and the members on it. I think giving me this role will help me better communicate and guide people. Yes, this is a kids site, but little things will be valuable for the bigger things in life. I am very tolerant of people and tend to be a very mild mannered person. I guess I can say I am a person that is able to handle different emotions pretty well. Over all I think being given the chance to work with different people and help them is great.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I can speak a little bit of Spanish, but I am not fluent. Other than that I would say I have some experience on talking to people and calming them down. This is just personal experience so I don't know if any of this would count.
Pet's name: Yang
Anonymous wrote;
When life gives you a hundred reasons
to cry, show life
that you have a hundred reasons to smile.
Flight Rising
Koton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XtraFrosting » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:28 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:In June of 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 679
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Absolutely!
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day, usually multiple times a day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least a couple, but I'm on my computer pretty much all day, so I could potentially have it open nearly all the time.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No, but I have been an admin on facebook groups!
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I think I could be really good at it. I'm usually the one my friends come to for advice, or to help them resolve an issue. I'm known for being non-biased and having a very clear point of view on issues that they can't seem to work out for themselves. I'm also really freaking bored and could use something to focus on.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I'm awesome with people!
XtraFrosting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatOneWoman_ » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Thanks Nadine.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Here we are going FAR
to save all that we LOVE
If we give ALL we’ve got,
we will make it through.
We are up to the test to TURN
the world around.

WE WILL RESET IT ALL

f r e e h u g s < 3 ❂ c h a t r o l l ❂ coding
ThatOneWoman_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:46 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
October 2nd, 2008.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
4853 posts

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I am.

Almost always 7.

My appearances are usually on and off throughout the day, but together I believe it would make 2-3 hours.

One, which I started when I was much less mature, and I still currently am a moderator, though the site has very minimal members now. Currently, I am the only active moderator, but the forums are no longer used and they weren't used on a very large scale before. Petz4fun

My username over at Petz4fun is Phoenix, if it is needed for any reason at all (: I have been a member at that site since 2007, though I made an account change in 2009. I joined the moderator/crew team in 2010, and have been on it ever since.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I've always been such a huge supporter of this community, and making it better would be such an honor. I've been on a lot of pet sites, and I've ended up leaving a good majority of them for one reason or another, but the one that I've never really stopped visiting has been Chicken Smoothie. It would be a way I would be able to further give back to this place that I have loved for the past 6 years. Working with youth has also been a big enjoyment of mine, even if they can be a bit immature at times.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
Back a little while ago, I would be placed in leadership positions by both peers and mentors, and being the leader of the group often meant I would have to settle mini fights that seemed to always break out.

I also used to work and hope to continue to work with youth, and I have had a sort of pre-training experience with my hopefully future employer. At the end of the experience, I was told that I would make a good asset to their team, something I had never heard them tell people before they actually apply, but of course I can't be sure.

Thank you for the opportunity, and good luck to all applicants!
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yaksha. » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:59 am

February 26th, 2011 c:
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes.
7 days a week c:
Usually I fade in and out throughout the day. Adding that all together it's easily more than twelve hours. ^_^;
It's been so long that I don't even remember the link, but I know it was called Last Resort and was an adoptables website like CS.
I also do more than a few modding jobs on Tumblr c: Those include Charisma High, Sybernetik, and what used to be Haikyuu Voices.
Most of the time when I'm online I happen to be lurking, and sometimes I see incorrectly posted threads and other little things. I'd like to help clean up the forum a bit and welcome in new members to the site c:
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
My friends all call me the 'mom' of the group as I'm particularly good at soothing people and working out their issues with each other. I have a very calm nature and don't get worked up easily, so I don't tend to take sides in conflicts. I can also speak and read a bit of Japanese, although I'm not quite fluent in it just yet, as well as my tribe's native language. I'm still learning c:
koa ♡ adult ♡ nb
genshin ♡ kpop ♡ vrchat
kyusnippy
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rose Sinclair » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:57 am

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:00 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum?:

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval?:
Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I am on everyday, in the least to check PMs, and frequently visited threads. And sometimes I am on all day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
I visit very frequently, usually log on in early morning, and can be on 'till the evening or late night. so anywhere from 6-10 hours daily.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?:
I spend most of my time moderating for "User made adoptable" Threads.
I Moderate for the following places:
Bell Kitties (Successful)
MLP adopts(failed)
Eskimo Pups (Successful when open. Owner quit)
Twisted Illusion Wolves (Failed)
Floratin Adopts (New)
Floratin Forms

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
I have been a member of CS for some time, and I have come to love it so much! I spend more time here than real life sometimes! And with this I would love to help CS. I am very knowledgeable of the CS rules now, and if I was accepted, I would take time to go through all stickies and rules and reread them all, just to refresh.
Also, I have seen some moderators that walk around and act like they are better than normal CS members. I would not be one of these people. I would still help out on the threads I do, and still talk to the people I do, the same way I do now. I would even be level with the people I am 'disciplining' because they are humans, and humans are known for their mistakes! I would stop and take time to welcome and explain things to new CS players. I would spend time on the "Is this trade fair thread" Helping with trades. I would help where ever I am needed.
I have had users come to me with questions before, and have done everything in my power to answer their questions. I have had new players also come to me with questions to.

A little about my CS time:
Even though I am a little older than a year on CS, lately I have spent time to understand all of the CS rules, and know them well now.
But a few months ago I did have one thread shut down for art theft. I am very ashamed of this now, and wish I would have read all of the CS rules before. The place I got the art from said you could freely use the art for anything, but little did I know then you had to 'credit' work. It was later shut down and I received a PM stating that the art was stolen and that was against the CS rules.
This was a huge learning experience for me, and I have credited all of my bought and referenced work after. But I still regret this mistake, and I strongly hope this 'noob' mistake does not damper my chances on achieving my moderator dream. But I do understand if it does.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I am an avid writer and have very strong punctuation. I like to write on my free time and work on my diction constantly.
I am a fast learner, I excelled in all of my grade school classes.
I am easy to get along with. On Bell Kitties, I was voted the kindest user!
I have a decent amount of knowledge regarding computers and coding.
I love to help people! People in CS and real like often come to me with questions and concerns.

Good luck to everyone applying, no hard feelings if I do not get in! c: Thank you for reading my application!
        ~Rainbow Rose
Last edited by Rose Sinclair on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
College motivation pls
Whoo
~
Rose Sinclair

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:42 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
    May 15, 2011

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
    Yes, I am, and I have no problem with seeing adult content and getting rid of it if need be.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Every day. ^^

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    5-6+, usually. It's always open on my computer, and if I'm not at home, I often check up on CS on my phone or tablet.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    Not any other sites, but I've been the owner of threads and moderated several of them on the CS forums. :]

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    I have been an active member on CS since I joined back in May of 2011. I am very knowledgeable in both pet and C$ rarities, and enjoy helping out players that need help every day. I would love to be able to join the team and be able to help out even more people with both rarity and site help in general. In addition, CS is the only adoptable pet site that I've actually been able to stick with - I've gotten bored with nearly all of the others - so I would love to make sure that it continues to be a welcoming environment for all players, old and new alike. ^^ I would enjoy helping clean up the boards, as I browse all the forums every day, answering questions (such as help tickets), and anything else that may come with a global moderator job.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
    Language-wise, I can speak English, Dutch, German, and a bit of French, which I could see being helpful in some situations. In addition, I have been working and volunteering for a very long time now, so I'm very familiar and skilled in solving problems anyone may have. Whether it's a misunderstanding or something like art theft, I feel I have the ability to solve the problem calmly.
    CS wise, I'm very, very familiar with the site in general. I'm active on the Fair Trade Thread, where players help others with pet rarity, as well as the "What is this pet worth in C$?" thread. I also find myself quite responsible, mature and easy to get along with. :]
xxxxx
x
x
x

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open ♥

frfttfaqget helphoards

Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:54 am

I registered as a CS member on August 14th, 2011!

I have made 52292 posts all together, before I applied.

Yes. I am old enough, and I am willing, to risk seeing adult content that will be waiting.

About 5 days a week

3-5

No.

I want to become a moderator for Chickensmoothie because I love helping others and I am knowledgeable in some properties, like the rarity of pets, what isn't or isn't fair during trades. I'm willing to clean the boards up when required and help solve fights between players. I would love to help a COPPA'D player when they join. I would love to answer some help tickets. I am a very friendly and would even allow personal PMs to me for certain things.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
Well, I have been learning a little German, but not quite fluent in it..
I am a little knowledgeable in a little things, along coding and C$.
I am very kind, I barely would be able to get ticked off. So, I find it easy to end fights.

~~Good luck and congratulations to the ones who get chosen! <3
call me vi. they/them
dinosaur enthusiast
#1 nico robin enjoyer
🦦🌸
Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby majima » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:37 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)I joined In November On the Seventeenth
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply):Ahh 12684
Without posting your age, are you old enough to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:Yes the birthday i joined with may not be exact thats because i was derping around when i joined and might of did the wrong year
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:I recently quit but i Came back so Ill be on Everyday All week <3
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:With college starting back up I should be on around 2 hours probably more <3
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:No but i usually Help Mini mod on my fourms and i mini mod On Roleplay fourms
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:Ive always wanted to be a moderator ever since Ive joined and since it just opened up im so happy I would LOVE To help out c:
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position :I Love To help out
I can speak Basic german Hoping to expand it to Fluent german
I can calmly explains stuff to people.
Im sorta patient not quiet.
Last edited by majima on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
majima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me