Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby moonlight_girl » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:36 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
16 th November 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I spend between 7-10 hours daily on cs. If I don't have a computer up and running, I usually update myself by checking the forums regulary via my phone.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I am a mod for nukittas which is a oekaki adopt. They are still relatively new and I have not had the chance to do a whole lot with them yet, but I am extremely motivated and willing to learn!

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes, I have used it for several years and use it on daily bases to sketch ^^

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
That's pretty much all I do whnever I'm not drawing myself. I absolutely love looking at various artists and art. I've become more active browsing through the oekaki since the new categories were added.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I want to help to maintain the good and friendly atmosphere around the oekaki, as well make sure that the rules are being properly followed. To ensure that all members feel comfortable browsing and using the oekaki, I also love to help out new members figure out how the oekaki works. I have a very good understanding for how the tools and how everything else around the oekaki works. And I enjoy helping others understand and teaching them how to use the tools properly.
I am confident in my abilities to act professionally and calmly without getting irrtated or offended if there's a situation where inappropriate language/comments appearing.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I have years of experience with the CS community, I have been around for many of the changes that have been made to the homepage. I believe I have a well rounded knowledge of the user base on CS.
I spend most of my time on the oekaki forum, I am very well oriented on the forum. Knowing what goes where is something I pride myself in knowing.
I am able to conduct myself in a proffesional manner, I dont let my temper get the best of me and I am able to keep a cool head in any situation,
I like to move behind the scenary, observing and digging. Something I have found to be useful in situations that which include art thefts.

-moonlight_girl
Designs that are made by me or
bought from me can NOT be sold or traded!
If you nolonger want the character
that was made by me, just send me a
pm and return it!
Art thefts are not tolerated!
Read over these before ordering a design
from me;
http://sta.sh/0luvu15wu4e

•My DAM's• •My Nukitta's• •Art shop!•
•My plumie's• •Ask me!•
    Having a hard time right now, I will work on art as fast as I can..
moonlight_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CoyoteSoul » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Oh goodness, It's been three years. I joined Feb 11, 2011. I also realized when I first registered that I put in the wrong year (On purpose because I do not like giving personal information online), so it probably says I am younger than I am. I am over 15, however.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): I have made 387 drawings, and many posts in the actual forum. 2,491 posts as of now.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Usually every day. Family comes first though, so I sometimes don't get on.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It really varies. I always get on to draw after I finish homework, for at least an hour. I love to hold "Join me's" so I can get feedback from people and maybe make fan art/ commissions for them.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No, sorry.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? All the time. It's one of the best programs I use. It is the program that first introduced me to digital art, and I have been hooked ever since.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? All the time! I love seeing the art on CS, and seeing techniques and line-art that inspire me. I often visit intermediate oekaki to see the newest drawings, and I look at the featured drawings on the home page whenever new ones are posted. I love going onto the first drawings ever done on intermediate oekaki and seeing how styles have progressed.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I love the oekaki, and remember waiting for a drawing to be posted when I was Coppa'd, and I want to make that as quick and painless for other Coppa'd members as I can. I also have seen many art pieces from friends get stolen, so I would like to be able to help with that as kindly and efficiently as I can.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) I use the oekaki program a lot, and know the rules. I also babysit often, and can be very good at helping others out. I help sort out fights at school, and I am seen as the person to talk to if someone is feeling down/angry/abused and doesn't feel like they can bring their problems to an adult. I see myself as a pretty level-headed person, and stay very un-biased. Calm is my middle name. ^.^ I also speak English (first language), Spanish (taken years and year of it at school), and French (another first language).
Last edited by CoyoteSoul on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
CoyoteSoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naira » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:57 am

31st of January 201th
Usually every single day
It really depends on the day - During the Week I spend a minimum of 3 hours. And during the Weekend I spend every single minute on my Computer, which directly means CS. That is the whole day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Oh, yep. I am currently a maintenance moderator at Iwaku Roleplay, here is a link. I maintain the forums, (which I am in charge) clean from spam replies, wrongly posted threads or innapropriate content, move and lock threads. I have quite experience in making in this job.
Also I have moderated on many topics at CS (including topics in the Adoptable Oekaki) and other sites.
Oh, yes. Many times...I have used many drawing programs like Photoshop, Corel Painter, Paint tool SAI and etc.
I love to draw, It's like something I can't live without...
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I adore art. I have the talent to find the beauty in everything and that for me is art, so It has a big place in my heart.
And yes, sometimes I spend my time looking at what other people saw in their imagination and then drew it. It's kinda like Yoga for my mind...
I am not a genius writer or an artist, but I have that talent and passion in me, so I am confident that I can spend all of my days working with art. It's something I love and would like to see the other people like me, browsing safely through the Oekaki Forums and having lots of fun. I have been a lot of time on CS and I don't have any problems to go ahead and help other users to have the best possible experiences, that CS can give them.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I have a lot experience with the Oekaki program - Tools, Possible problems, Saving and loading Oekaki and etc. I have answered questions not few times in the CS Help and Suggestions Forum about problems with Oekaki and am very aware of the CS Rules for the Oekaki and have enough of free time. Since my timezone is a lot different than the majority of users in CS, I have noticed that most of the time, while I am online during the day, there aren't Moderators. So it's an advantage to have a Mod online.
I speak a few languages - Bulgarian (mother language), English, German and Russian.
In real life and in Internet I communicate well with other people and find them ALL equal. I am calm until the very end in all kinds of situations and extinguish the fire between people, so it doesn't come to arguing. I enjoy to strictly follow rules and always answer questions with pleasure. I take my responsibilities for me and the others around very seriously and don't have even a drop of aggression in me.
It would be a great honour to work with the Staff of CS and give my all to the CS community!
Thanks for the attention! C:
Last edited by Naira on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

If you need help with something on CS, you can use the help system OR ask me!

TradesCharactersNew dAArt Shop{closed}GRP Club!Helpful Guide
Naira wrote:I am a very friendly person, and I don't mind random PM's. I am a RolePlayer and a big Fantasy Art Fan, who loves animals! (And loves Disney villains)
Skully Custom Art, By Fitch <3...Custom Skully, by TheCalicoTabby
Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythic » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:05 am

April 2009

All 7 days of the week. If I'm very busy I might only get on once or twice.

3-5

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I have owned a few smaller roleplay sites myself so I have experience with handling user problems and questions quite well.

Yes, quite often and I'm very good with the program. I'm also very good at explaining how to fix technical problems or simple user techniques.

Yes I do, I love to see what the lovely users of CS can create. It's one of the many things I enjoy about the site.

Because I am very well-versed in computer tech and the chibipaint program. If a user is having difficulty with the program I would be able to solve it

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I have used the oekaki program since it's release and I'm very familiar with it. I have also taken a two year class in troubleshooting and computer software programs. I have explained things to many users and have helped them with their oekaki problems, wether it be with Java or simple questions about different techniques. I'm also quite simple and to the point, and I avoid lengthy explanations which may confuse some of our younger members. All and all I believe I would be a great help, and even if I don't get the position I will continue to help the users of oekaki regardless.
Mythic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _caramel » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:37 am

i joined chickensmoothie September 15th 2009
at the moment, i have made 3151 posts.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
i am on chickensmoothie seven days a week, unless there is a situation [[such as a power outage]] that would prevent me from doing so.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
on a weekday, i spend anywhere from about two and a half hours at very least to as much as six hours. and on weekends and free-days i can spend up to seventeen hours online.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?:
i am currently helping out as a mini-mod for a Harry Potter roleplay i am part of here
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?:
i use chickensmoothie to draw all the time! in fact i've made just over 400 drawings.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
of course! i love looking at artwork of all styles and skill levels,and it's amazing seeing how everyone else expresses themselves through art.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
i'd love to be a moderator in order to put my time here to good use! i find myself on chickensmoothie more than any other site by far, however i often go around the site doing more browsing than participating. i think that this would provide a great chance for me to widen my palette so to speak, and open the door to new opportunities on this site, even after being a smoothian for more than four years now!
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
well, i wouldn't brag too much, but i know just about all there is to know with the oekaki program. i can, and have explained in depth how to use tools, create smoother lines, formulate layers, and so much more! i have also often been told that i have good social skills, i am comfortable talking to just about anyone, and keep an open mind to most things. in fact, i might add, my friend told me she thought i'd make a great guidance counselor because of the calm manner in which i can offer advice and handle situations.

thank you so much for your time and consideration! good luck in making the best choices for the site :)

[[edited artwork and other moderator sections]]
Last edited by _caramel on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_caramel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cmichb » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:07 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined Wednesday, December 21, 2011.

2.How many posts have you made in the forum?:
I have made 6537 posts.

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
It depends on my schedule, but quite often 5-7 days a week.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Again, depending on my schedule, usually 3 or more hours.

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Yes, I have moderated, but it was a couple years ago and I have forgotten what the site was called.

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
I have, many times, in fact. More than 400, if I'm correct. I have grown quite used to the controls and tools.

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Often, yes. I love looking at others' artistic creations. Some are quite inspiring and beautiful, really.

8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
The Oekaki Board is highly important to me and I value it very much. It's one of the main reasons that has kept me hanging around CS almost every day. Art is my hobby; it's one of the few things that lets me be... well, me. It's important for me to see the Oekaki Board "clean". I respect and appreciate all of the senior Oekaki Moderators for their great effort in keeping the Oekaki child-friendly, and now, I would like to aid them in keeping it this way and lift some of the weight off of their shoulders.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I know how to break up fights and at the same times keep my calmness. I can also help people in need due to my experience in using the Oekaki - having used it so many times. I know how to use all of the tools, how to make and use layers, how to make hex codes, etc. If anyone asks any questions, I'll try my very best to answer correctly and clearly.
[/b]
hi n' stuff.
cmichb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inactive. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:14 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)

18th of 2012 December

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

everyday :3

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? weekdays; 3-5 hours;
Weekends 6-12 hours

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them-

I attempted to, but it kinda failed, anywhoo, I have recently been working in a digital technology test, and have passed with Merit + and have been looking for a opportunity like this :3

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?

Yes I have :3 Mostly mouse drawings since my tablet broke, but, I still love to gawk over the amazing art of other CS users, and offer advice, criticism, or tell them that they should ask staff to move it up or down :3

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?

Yes! I love to, its great to see people being productive with their skills and time, rather than sit ting around doing nothing! its awesome to see people heading somewhere in life!

8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?

Ah, the deep question. I love art. Im hoping to get a job as a conceptual artist at Weta Workshop. But I still would like to go to university :3
Cs has been my friend for as long as I can remember ( okay, since 2012 :3) Its incrediably fun, and I love how it sucks up my time like a vacuum cleaner! The artwork is amazing, the staff are kind and firm, not to mention helpful. the players, not tooo fussy.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)

I did peer mediation at my colleage, I am a artist, I am mediator in some ways... yeah. I hope I have a chance, so please! Have a good day, and enjoy CS yourselves as much as I have been!
Last edited by Inactive. on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pet's name: open to offers!.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
The Weeping Angel you called ugly? She can't look at herself in the mirror. See that unemotional Cybermen? He used to be one of us. The Oods you make fun of? They get treated as slaves everyday. That lady you called crazy? She knows all of time and space. See the weird man with the bowtie and the fez? He's the loneliest man in the universe. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying in the Space-Time Continuum.
Inactive.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koiley » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:18 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 29, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 10,804
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-3 hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I haven't moderated on an "official" separate site but I do moderating and administration for the Jellybean Dragon fan club website as well as the JBD forums around CS.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, I like to comment on unique art that catches my eye.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? My sole purpose for being on Chicken Smoothie basically is the Oekaki boards. That is where I hang out primarily and usually can't be found anywhere else. I do tend to report topics that need moved or are questionable. I'd like to be able to help the staff as well as the users on a deeper level because I do see my connection to CS slipping. I've been here for about 4 years now and having more cause to stick around somewhere I love is a really great thought for me. CS has basically brought me through my middle school and high school years and I couldn't imagine it any other way so being able to help the website in any way that I can would be fantastic.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I've taken Spanish for most of my school career and can speak/write/read it fairly well. I do have experience in peer mediation just due to my dealing with the adoptable oekaki boards such as JBD, Kiamara, Makoatl, as well as my own species, the Astralines. I do have a lot of experience with the Oekaki boards/program as currently I have posted 1340 drawings.
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby star note » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:39 pm

APPLICATON

I have in fact been on chicken smoothie for a while, since May 10th 2012 actually! So I have been on for almost two years I think, and even though sometimes I was a bit inactive in the past, I have never once been on hiatus.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
    At the time of typing this, I have made 8322 posts, meaning this would be my 9323 post.

Every day lately. In a way, chicken smoothie became a small sliver of my life really. I find myself spending endless days on it, just because I can and it's amusing.

Hm. If I have school or it's a busy day I would say probably...3 hours or something? If I have nothing to do, take march break for example, I probably spend twice as much on here. Maybe even more, through out the day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

yes of course! Though I am not the greatest, I still do practice with oekaki. Its one of the only drawing apps that I use.

oh yeah! I often like to adopt from the oekaki adoption centres, and even often comment to compliment others drawings. I especially look through the featured drawings, and usually comment if it catches my eye.

honestly, I absolutely love chicken smoothie and I would love to help out. I also think it is definitely important to insure that everything is appropriate for the younger CS users. That way, everyone is comfortable and happy!

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
    I have actually been in leadership camps from school and my principal often comes to me if she finds students that need help socially. I am very kind, and am usually able to handle things very maturely. I also dont let comments, etc, that are directed to me, get to me. I mean, even though this place is meant to be fun, it is still just a website. Most of these people dont know me personally and so they really cant judge. I think it should be the same for all of the users. They should all feel this way, and so I want to help insure that no one feels targeted or anything, as well.

Also, I'd like to apologize in advance for probably having quite a few mistakes in this application. I am on a mobile as I write this, but if I can get on a computer to fix it, I definitely will! :) edit;; I was able to edit a little.
Last edited by star note on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
star note

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby knifekind » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:53 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?;;
25 September, 2012, at exactly 17:16

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying);;

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?;;
Oh, as many as I can! Usually quite a few, unless I have football or piano lessons. On weekends I am usually on for most of the day(s)

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?;;
On weekdays? About 2 - 4, unless I have plans. On the weekend I spend most of the day. If we ever have free time at school, you'll find me on CS.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them;;
I have applied for a few here on CS, yet currently, no. On a few now deleted sites that I owned/co-owned, I was head moderator.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?;;
Oh yes! I usually pump out quite a bit of art if I can, or if Java/the computer decides to like me. I'm not the best artist on CS, yet I love the fun of drawing anyway c:

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?;;
I browse it alot! Alot of the time I like to comment on people's art that just doesn't get as much attention as everyone else's, even if it isn't Advanced-quality or 'totally amazing', I still post some encouraging words there C: I know how it feels to have your art ignored, so to speak, and I really would hate for other users to feel like that.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?;;
I feel like I owe it to CS. The website has brought so much happiness and cheer to my otherwise pretty sucky life, it has brought me friends and it has made me feel like I actually mean something to the users. I decided that Oekaki Moderator would be, in the event that I did decide, like I am now, to apply for a moderation application. The reason? Oekaki, apart from private messaging, is the main thing I do on CS. I am a writer, but never much of a roleplayer, I've never really made fanart, I'm not good enough at art to be CONSIDERED as an artist.. But the Oekaki Moderator? Something I could do.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?;;
I have quite alot, actually.
- When it comes to helping people out and stopping fights and arguments, I suppose I'm pretty good at it, although I have Asperger syndrome, meaning that I'm not at all good with most social situations. Yet I've been told that I give very good advice, in the event that people talk to me.
- I've been a peer mediator at my school for 4 years,
- I am often considered the 'peacekeeper' of my smallish group of friends, as I am the one breaking up/stopping the fights,
- I know how to use all of the tools in Oekaki, how to use and create hex codes, how to use layers correctly, use lock alpha and how to work the Oekaki well.

adult he/it bisexual
knifekind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me