Global Moderators - Awaiting selection.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Applications open

Postby Discordia » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:38 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 16, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1969
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes to both of those
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Many. At least 2-3 if I have work, 6+ if I don't
Have you moderated on any other forums before? Not in a long time
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
I love CS. Ever since the first time I stumbled on over here I've found that its a forum I truely enjoy. WHen I become a member of a forum, I become a member for life. Until this point, I haven't had the time to dedicate to a site as I do to this one. I would love to be a part of this continuously growing community and have a chance to make a difference.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:? I actually work in fast food management. I deal with a fast paced life and many people at the same time. What I like about my job, I also like about my life. I deal with horribly angry and rude people on a daily basis and handle it with as much grace as I have.

░░░░░░░░░░░░
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
coding Deviantart Art Shop TH link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I'm likely just a figment of
your imagination
Always happy to talk about characters

text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░░░░░░░░░░░

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

══════════════════

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Discordia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Mia~ » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:05 pm

APPLICATON

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: August 16, 2010 11:30 pm
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2136

3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes I am of age, I'm recently in and now going collage for a couple of months.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day! :)

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
I try to get on CS as much as I can but as of now, it seems like I'm only on it 2 hour minutemen per day, only because I have other things to do, like assignments and test each week so I have a lot of studying and stuff that needs to get done.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
No, sorry I don't think I have.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
The reason why I want to be a CS moderator?: Is because,First of all I absolutely love CS and I think that I'm mature and have very good listening skills which will help other cs attenders not to be shy and come willingly to ask me questions if they would like to. While I will try to get them the best answer I can for them. Another reason is that I'm a Huge animal lover which I think I have that in common with countless amount of people on here. To me that is a great amount of respect ill gain more of from other chicken smoothie attenders, because this will help learn how to deal with certain situations and to improve my critical thinking skills as well.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
Well yes i do, But because its a personal family thing I cannot revival this problem. But I will describe it for you..it is an illness that affects how a person feels, thinks and acts. It is a sickness in the brain. their brain works differently from the usual way. Our brains help us to think, feel and act in certain ways. When people have this disorder, they think, feel and act differently from how they do when they’re well. lows called depression and highs called mania. During a low phase, the person is sad and often withdrawn. This is called depression. During a high phase, the person is either way too happy or way too angry. The person is very energetic and more outgoing than usual. This is called mania. At other times, the person is his or her usual self. Having this disorder is not a weakness. this disorder causes people to act in ways that are different from how they usually act. It also frequently changes the mood changes. The moods go in cycles. When people have low moods, they may be sad and cry a lot. They might also feel impatient and irritable and get more angry than usual. They might have a bad attitude about life, or not think highly of themselves. Anyways enough talk about one of my parents and how their like, the reason why I describe this is because it proves that i have a very high understanding for others and i am also a very patient person. who deals with a lot of stress and mad or sad people on a daily basis. Also another is that I can speak another language but I haven't spoken it in ages. The language is called Mi'k ma'q.

❤️💞❤
~Mia~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poofyena » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:56 am

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: January the 4th 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): I've made 2432 (I tend to lurk XD)

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am over 18 and happy to view any mature content. I don't shock easy.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday if I can.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: If I'm online I can be around anywhere between an hour to 7- 12 hours a night, though recently I have been without internet and only able to spend intermittent hours on here. Now I'm up and running again I'll be around a lot more.
Also now the winter is here (and i have a smartphone so i can be online on the move!) I will be spending a lot more of my time online. Also I should add I spend a lot of ky time online browsing the forums, reading random.threads. so I'm hoping that would be useful in a moderation position.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Nope, not as of yet.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: The answer to that is fairly simple,I have loved this site for many years and I spend a lot of my time lurking here and I would like to help keep this site a nice place for other users to come and relax. The level of spam in some places and the arguments that break out need to be addressed for the benefit of other players, it would make me happy if i could help keep Chicken Smoothie the relaxed and fun place I so love.
Our moderators work so hard to keep Chicken Smoothie a fun enjoyable place for people to come it would be nice to take up some of that slack and work alongside them to keep this site safe. All in all i would like to help keep this site a friendly, welcoming and safe place for people of all ages to come and enjoy. I know its not going to be easy and I don't expect it to be, but thats not something that worries me, I welcome the work to help.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I am a very patient person and feel this would be a benefit in tricky situations, I am also good at talking to people. I have worked with children before and had to take a short course on peer mediation and conflict solution, when you have a large group of excited highly strung children you need to be able to talk calmly with them and easily resolve any issues that come up.
I also work in a restaurant/pub trade now which involves me dealing with many different types of people, and sorting out conflicts between customers and (very rarely) customers and staff. Its helped me increase my conflict resolution skills and my patience has grown since working in high stress situations. I don't often feel stressed or annoyed and am a very calm person, i think this will help when dealing with awkward situation.
I am familiar with Chicken Smoothie rules and how the site works, I think this is a skill for this site as it means i can help people quickly and easily.
Last edited by poofyena on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click my pets?! Join Pet Adoptables!
http://www.petadoptables.com/register.p ... l=poofyena
poofyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starcrusher » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:04 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: March 9th, 2009.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3100
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am of age, and very little fazes me.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day, unless I am out and busy, but I have a phone with Internet access and could monitor CS while out, if needed.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Depending on if I'm looking for trades, or participating in an event or forum discussion, anywhere from 1-12 hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have, but they were all small roleplaying forums, and I can't find any that are still active.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I've seen CS grow from a very small community on the forum to a very large one with an Oekaki and a store. I never thought I would be able to see a site expand in this way, and it's been fantastic. I've hosted art shops, roleplays, and user-made adoptables, and taken part in lots of amazing events among the CS community. I've browsed every board and gotten to know many members, taken part in debate and discussion, critique, and the CS "economy" (mapping it out has been a worthwhile effort and something I love to think about to pass the time). I am fascinated by online communities that function as small societies, as CS does, and upholding the justice within one would be an amazing achievement. Each month I am stricken at how the artists (many of whom I know also moderate) manage to make new and exciting pets (witnessing the line-art changes is always a lot of fun!) and at the same time keep peace among the members. I feel that I've been here an awful long time, and so I'd love the opportunity to be able to do my part and give back to a community of people that was extremely friendly and welcoming to me as a new member.
I have no problem with reading lengthy discussion threads and evaluating from an unbiased perspective whether bullying has taken place, and if it has, warning the perpetrator or perpetrators. I believe in justice and fairness, and that people should have the right to speak in an open environment, even if it is online. I know that people have different views, and I am willing to look past my own and defend those of others from slander and insult. I have always tried to stay out of CS "drama" and present my views in discussion threads maturely, and as a moderator, I would be able to keep discussions civil and on track in the same manner.
I have lots of free time, currently, that I would be glad to spend assisting in whatever way I am needed. I don't mind doing monotonous work; I know someone has to do it, and if elected as a "new guy"/lackey I'll do my part. XD
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I've taken classes in rhetorical thought and linguistics, and I can solve problems quickly and efficiently. I have always been a good interpersonal mediator. I can write in a way that is easily understandable and rules are easy for me to memorize and cite, if needed. I also speak some German.

Thank you for reading. <3 I hope to be considered!
starcrusher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tuesday & Imoen » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:24 am

Imoen will edit in her application shortly.

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Dec 01, 2010 (which is when I, Tuesday, joined)

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes, I am over 18 years of age.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Everyday. It's very rare I go a day without being on.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
2 - 4

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I've moderated numerous forums over the last 7 years. But it'd take forever to mention them all so I'll just mention the bigger ones. I co-owned a rather successful forum with my best friend (Imoen) for about 5 years called Pink Imoen/Pink Imoen (two links because we moved from forumer hosting). I moderated a large music forum from 2008 - 2009 that I shouldn't link to, I'm afraid, because it is not child friendly (but I'd gladly give the link to on request). I think perhaps most notable is my still current position as admin (not owner) of a Sims 3 forum called Snooty Sims. I've been admin there for nearly 3 years (previously a mod there for 4 years).

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I want to be a moderator because I really enjoy my time on CS and I feel I could bring more than just being a member here. I have a wealth of experience moderating on forums big and small. I am able to work well with a team and efficiently enforce rules I honestly feel I can help keep CS safe for all members. I know I can be a moderator people would feel comfortable PMing or asking help from. And I fully understand the rules CS wants enforced and can deal with spam, members, and posts deftly.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I know some Spanish. I feel I'm a skilled communicator having dealt with many members via PM and managed moderation teams. I do not lose my cool and I'm unbiased. I have no problem dealing with troublesome members or rude PMs, having dealt with more than my fair share. I am also very organized. I've written guides and rules for forums and ran every aspect of a forum from administration to moderation.

Thank you for reading & considering us.

This is Imoen editing my responses in:

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Jan 28, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I visit CS nearly everyday, its rare that I miss a day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I spend around 2 or 3 hours a day on CS.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I've moderated at quite a few forums over the years. I used to have a forum that Tuesday and I co-owned called Pink Imoen / Pink Imoen (there are two links because we moved). I'm currently an assistant admin at a popular Sims forum called Snooty Sims. There have been others but they were smaller forums. Tuesday and I have often worked on the same forums as each other and we work really well together.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I want to be a moderator for CS for a couple of different reasons. I really love moderating and forums in general. I really enjoy CS and think that its a fun website. I'd like to bring some good to the community and feel that this could be an opportunity to do so.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I'm a nice person who always tries to bring a peaceful solution to problems. This doesn't mean that I am easily offended however, over the years I've learned not to take members who disagree with my actions as a moderator personal. I also feel that I have a lot of experience with forums and have been a member of forums for 9 years and moderating forums for 6 years.
Last edited by Tuesday & Imoen on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
тнιѕ ιѕ α ѕнαяє∂ α¢¢т.
тυєѕ∂αу ωяιтєѕ ιη red & ιмσєη ιη ρυяρℓє.

¢αмвяια & ιмσєη246
Tuesday & Imoen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yearofdragon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Mods, I believe there was a misunderstanding because my last application was deleted. My account was previously used by my cousin who is much younger than I am, so the account age will reflect that. She lost interest in CS, and offered me her account, so I took over it. I assure you that I am well over the required age limit, and am willing to prove it if necessary.

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:47 am
2.How many posts have you made in the forum?:

3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
yes, I'm over eighteen and I have no problems dealing with adult content.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I can usually get on about seven days a week, unless I am traveling, working, or if I was having health problems. I'd most certainly give a heads up if I were to be away for a length of time.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I usually stay on 10 hours a day, intermittently, although I could easily stay on for 12+ hours.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Yes, I used to mod on a gryphon rp site called SilverWings, but this was quite some time ago and they have since shut down so i'm not sure that it still counts.

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I've been a member of CS for a little over two years now and I have loved every moment that I've spent here. I understand that being a mod is challenging and that its not all fun and games. I'm ready and am happily willing to get my hands dirty to help out CS by dealing with any kind of issues or problems that users might have or that they create. Don't let my lower post count fool you, I spend a lot of time reading the forums to know what's going on, and will not hesitate to step up to take care of a problem if one arises. I'm not really interested in any of the "perks" that might lure other users to apply to this job, I genuinely want to help CS and help to enhance and maintain the safe atmosphere for CS users.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I'm a very even tempered person. It takes a lot to get me irritated or angry, but I do enforce rules and take no nonsense when it comes to the matter. I follow instructions from higher ups easily, and don't allow myself to get bullied or pushed around by others. I also work with kids on a daily basis so I've taught myself how to resolve conflict with both sides being happy most of the time.
Last edited by yearofdragon on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
yearofdragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 pm

thanks for your patience everyone! We will close applications in a couple more days so that we can begin the selection process :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonspirit » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:19 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: September 19, 2008
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 709
  3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am over 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content.
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 6 to 7
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Probably about 2-4 hours.
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them A while back I did, however I haven't been on the sites for a while and have lost the links.
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I am a very patient individual and enjoy helping people. I don't mind being asked the same thing over and over again and can keep a level head when someone is rude, cruel, or disrespectful. I am not one to judge quickly, and refrain from lashing out as best I can. I have always had a great interest in Chicken Smoothie, and although I have not been on as often as I used to, I still enjoy looking through the forums and checking out topics. I always try to be honest and respectful, and truly care about the well-being of others. I don't carry grudges, and I try to respond to people respectfully and kindly.
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I am really good at being patient with someone, and will even take the time to re-explain things if they don't get what I am saying the first time. I care deeply for people, even people I don't know, and will always endeavor to do my best to help them.
There's a truly terrifying notion that resides today. People have forgotten what it means to be human, to be compassionate to each other. When fact is regarded as fiction, and fiction as fact, how can anyone even begin to come to common ground? Sit down and talk. Listen to someone's story. You'll begin to understand we all are much more similar than you realize.

"Do you know what thinking is? It's just a fancy word for changing your mind."
"I will not change my mind."
"Then you will die stupid."
"You don't understand. You will never understand."
"I don't understand? Are you kidding me? Me? Of course I understand."
Dragonspirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:51 pm

I do hope it isn't too late to apply!

1. What date did you register as a CS member?

June 25, 2010

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)?

Currently, I have 1744 posts.

3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again.)

Yes, I am at least 18 years old. I dutifully accept the risk that I might see adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

Seven days a week.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

That's a tough one. I have a tab open to chickensmoothie even when I'm looking at other websites. I would have to guess that I average about nine to ten hours on weekdays and ten to twelve hours on weekends. Add an extra hour or so to that when special events are going on!

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.

I'm currently an administrator for the team forum of Equestria Online, a My Little Pony 3D MMO that is being created by a group of My Little Pony fans. As an administrator on Equestria Online's team forum, I've learned how to sticky posts, move posts, delete posts and threads, and even merge threads.

Unfortunately, the team forum can only be accessed by members of the Equestria Online team so even if I linked to it, nothing could be seen. I'm very sorry that I can't link you to the forum, but if need be I can get a reference from Raindrop, the main administrator and creator of Equestria Online. He can vouch for me.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

I have been using the Internet for many years and no online community has ever captured my attention as much as Chickensmoothie. I've been a member of CS for a little over a year, and in that year I've come to learn so many things about this website...including that it is my most favorite website ever. Since I've joined, I have spent nearly every single day on CS. I check it so often, even when I want to go to another website I start typing chickensmoothie first! That is how dedicated I am to this site. I love almost every aspect of this community, from the beautiful pets that are released every month to all the wonderful Chickensmoothians I've met.

You ask me why I want to moderate Chickensmoothie? I ask in return: Why wouldn't I want to moderate this wonderful place? It would be an absolute dream come true for me to be made a moderator for this website, so I would take it very seriously and do my utmost best to do absolutely whatever is needed of me.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? (For example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

I am exceptional at writing the English language. I have been a writer and editor for my college's printed newspaper for the past year and a half. If anything needs editing, I'm your gal! Unfortunately, I only speak English.

Since I've started working on Equestria Online (the My Little Pony game I mentioned above) I've had a lot of experience dealing with arguments, troublesome situations, and bad behavior. I try to scope out a situation to the best of my ability and swiftly come to a decision on how best to handle it. I won't be afraid to take the chance of making enemies on chickensmoothie while doing the duties of a moderator. I am a very stringent rule follower, and I believe rule breakers should be caught and punished accordingly (if any punishment is needed).

I am friendly, empathetic, intelligent, and creative. I consider myself to be very approachable, and I welcome any private messages that come my way. I am also well-organized, artistic, and know my way around BBCoding to create aesthetically pleasing forum posts. I'm eager to help out in any way that I can, whether it is answering questions a user has or moving a thread to the right place.

All I have left to say is thank you very much for this opportunity. It is an honor just to apply for a staff position on Chickensmoothie. Good luck to everyone who has applied, and good luck to whoever is going to be looking through all of these applications and choosing one of us.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siliandra » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:34 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: June 1st, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1987
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-20
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? To clean up the forums - I might not post that much but I roam a lot and I can see a lot of begging, bullying, bad language, breaking the rules etc. and I'd like to help the staff in getting rid of that so that the game would be that much more enjoyable for all of us
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I'm fluent in Polish
My trade thread
My husband Shannow uses the same IP as me to play!
Siliandra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me