Global Moderators - Now chosen.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Now Hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby lind17789 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:00 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) Sun Sep 20, 2009
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 1475
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) I have been told that I am very mature for my age on and off the internet. I visit the adult section regulary so I am ready for anything.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 5-6 hours a day during the week
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: no i have not but I have been a mini-mod for some topics.
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I would love to be a moderator becasue I can be very helpful to people. I am against spam and I want to help protect the eyes of the younger players on this site. I love everything about this website and I am so glad to have found it. I don't really mind if people hate me or not becasue of my decisions. It's just a game so words don't hurt me. I am good under pressure and am patient and work well with others. This website has made many people happy. I am also very organized so I believe I can keep the fourms clean and in place.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I can speak some French and English very well, I was a peer mediator in school, I help out the younger and newer players on the site that need help, I am good under pressure, I was also a peer helper and a mentor in school.

Thank you for your time.
lind17789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wickedwolfgirl » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:01 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
August 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Over 10,000
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
7 days a week.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Anywhere from an hour to three or four.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No, I haven't really. I did create my own roleplay forum, but it's barely active.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I want to be a moderator because I want to help keep this great site running. I can only imagine how much work goes into keeping this site running and safe for all ages, and I would be delighted to help. I have met a lot of great, helpful people on here, and I would love to give something back to the site any way I can. This is a very unique site, and I want to keep coming on here for a long time.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I am learning French, but I am not very fluent. I am a very patient person, and I can resolve conflicts well. I think logically, and am not biased.
This is a G I F T, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
M I D A S is king and he hold me so tight
He turned me to
gold in the sunlight

ImageImageImage
"You say roleplay addict like it's a bad thing..."
I am on a quest! A quest to improve my trade group! All trades are appreciated.
Call me Wicked. Or WWG is fine too.
Over 115 pets in my hoard! Want to help? Send a trade on over!
wickedwolfgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buri288 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:05 pm

reesebubbles123 wrote:Would I still be able to apply if I only had 4 posts(well after this 6). I fit all the other requirements, but I'm not much of a forum poster. I usually just browse and message my friends, but I would really enjoy if you will let that slide.
P.S. I'm from the U.S. and it might say that I'm 14 or something like that only because this was my younger sister's account for like 2-3 weeks then our mom didn't want her on it and she didn't want to just quit so she gave it to me.

-Serena

I was wondering the same thing actually. I only have 9 (now 10) posts on the forum but I fit all other criteria just fine and I'm pretty active, I just don't post much here.
ALWAYS online.
Just because I'm logged in, doesn't mean I'm actually here.

ARTISTS AGAINST RP ART THEFT
Artists work hard on their art and characters, and only they own the © to them.
Please stop disrespecting them by stealing their artwork for your Roleplays. I will report you.
If you agree, paste this into your signature--^
Buri288

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:08 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: December 2008

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): At the time of this posting I have 4462 posts.

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am old enough and willing to risk viewing adult content.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I usually check CS every day. I might take an odd weekend off.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Recently I have not been active due to offline obligations that have since been cleared, but in the past I have spent on average of 4 hours on CS. I plan to become more active and reconnect with the community.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I served as a moderator under the username "Sora" on the virtual pet website Teripets in 2006.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I have been a member of Chicken Smoothie since 2008. I have found many of my best online friends here and being here has helped hone my craft in art. My time on CS has also helped me mature more in the field of art and customer relations. I feel indebted to the community and would like to give back to CS. I want help to keep the community running smoothly and make it fun for all. My main passion on CS is protecting the rights of artists and commissioners on CS. I feel as a moderator I will be able to more effectively promote harmony in the art industry on CS and good artist-customer relations protecting both artists and customers from art thievery.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I am an expert at finding sources for stolen images and have assisted in finding references for cases of art theft in the past.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Compumon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Buri288 wrote:
reesebubbles123 wrote:Would I still be able to apply if I only had 4 posts(well after this 6). I fit all the other requirements, but I'm not much of a forum poster. I usually just browse and message my friends, but I would really enjoy if you will let that slide.
P.S. I'm from the U.S. and it might say that I'm 14 or something like that only because this was my younger sister's account for like 2-3 weeks then our mom didn't want her on it and she didn't want to just quit so she gave it to me.

-Serena

I was wondering the same thing actually. I only have 9 (now 10) posts on the forum but I fit all other criteria just fine and I'm pretty active, I just don't post much here.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

You must fill ALL the criteria in order to be considered.
ImageMy DeviantArt
Image My Characters+Fanart
Bananasaur avatar by Vampiric!

Compumon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lirrie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:22 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 2, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 8172

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)

Yesh I most certainlly am old enough and willing to.

Everyday unless I cant get on

Most of the day

Unfortantly no

Well I love this site, and frequently I see people abuse the forums, posting things that they shouldn't or posting art that does no belong to them. Many times I have seen art theft and hope maybe I can help put a stop to it as well as help cs become a safer place for it's younger Citizens. I understand it is a big responsibility but I believe I am ready to handle it now. I will not deny when I first got here I made one mistake cause I didn't understand the rules fully, and I would like to help futures cs people not to make the same mistake as me. I also hope to help the artist by keeping their art safe for them if I can. I love this site and would like to make it a better place to visit by all people, young or old. That is the reason I would like to become a moderator.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I very good with computers, and grammer
ImageMy Da /Crystalines Sangie's SantuaryImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 9 gifts.

Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Compumon wrote:
Buri288 wrote:

-Serena

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

You must fill ALL the criteria in order to be considered.

For anyone wondering things like "I don't quite meet this... I'm just short a few of that... can I still apply?"

Put it this way; if you don't meet the minimum criteria for such things then you're going to have difficulty competing against the applicants who do. We will prefer the applicants who are mature, post regularly in the forum, have been a member for a decent length of time, and have proven that they can play happily without breaking rules or earning warnings. If you're not one of those people, it'll be much harder to convince us that you can do the job well.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poofyena » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
January 4th 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
2159 Up until this post :3

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes, old enough and ready and willing.

I'm usually on everyday, Its pretty rare i don't get on for at least half an hour.

At least one, usually more in the range of 5-9, and I'm pretty active in all that time. (usually reading through threads and keeping an eye on auctions I'm entered in)

Afraid not no.

First and foremost because I want to help keep this site a clean and friendly place for people to enjoy, I still remember how nice it was when I joined and hopefully I can help do that for other users, new and old. I enjoy spending time online browsing the forums and would love the opportunity to help our moderating team clean up unwanted, and unneeded, posts. I've been a member here for a couple of years now and feel like I know the site rather well.
I always spend so much time on here, though I'm not a huge poster I am incredibly active, I'm always checking my posts and reading the threads I do post in, I like to look through art and read the topics across the board. I'd love to help clear up the nasty arguments some members get into as I see it far too often on the boards now, sadly members only tend to listen to the moderators though I have tried in the past to calm arguments. I'm mature and well spoken and don't get riled up easily, it's pretty hard to get n argument out of me so unruly members and rude people are not an issue. Though i can be firm I'm never nasty, It's always better to find a calm resolution to a problem. Mind you, i have no problem being tough if the situation calls for it.
All in all I would just love to be a part of keeping this site happy and Kid Friendly (as well as adult friendly :P)

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Working with children on a Riding Stables for the past 11 year's you have to have some level of mediation skill, children get into fights all the time and it needs to be calmed quickly and easily before anyone gets hurt. I've had plenty of experience with that and am usually able to stop a situation before it gets too out of hand.
I'm also a pretty friendly and open person which i think is a useful skill when interacting with many people, of all different ages.

Good luck to everyone, there are some great forms applying :3
Click my pets?! Join Pet Adoptables!
http://www.petadoptables.com/register.p ... l=poofyena
poofyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastCat » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 pm

APPLICATON
1. What date did you register as a CS member?: November 2, 2008
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 702
3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes.
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I am usually on every day.
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It depends, but I usually spend 2-3 hours on the site using either my computer or my phone.
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I was (am) a moderator for the Zanzira Roleplay (It's inactive now, but not through a lack of trying.)
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I love this site and really want to make it a nicer place. I'm a patient person who is willing to advise or warn other posters if something wrong happens, but I am also thick-skinned enough that criticism and negative comments don't bother me. I am responsible and I believe in respecting the privacy of others, so there's no way I would share private information.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I speak some German. I am patient and I don't lose my temper easily. When I am sent bad trades, I explain to the trader why the trade is canceled without being rude. I am always polite, even if I am annoyed.

Good luck with your Mod search, even if I'm not what you're looking for.
Avatar from lines by angel23456. Hockeyhottie is my sister (we trade).
PastCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gaurweth » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:42 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?
Sunday September 28, 2008 at 7:09 am

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)?
773 | (0.01% of all posts / 0.87 posts per day)
I am more of a lurker but I am not afraid to speak up when something needs to be said.

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval?
I am old enough by over 10 years minus 4 until September.
I am a legal adult and very little phases me in terms of adult content.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I think the better question is when am I not on CS? If I have internet connection, I am here. (^_~)

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I always have CS open in multiple tabs and check it constantly. It's safe to say I spend over five to ten hours a day here sometimes more depending on what I am doing. The fewest I have spent on CS on one occasion was a few hours because I was unimaginably busy and the most has been 18 hours. If I am not on my laptop, I am trying to check trades and messages on my poor non-smart phone.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
I've been an owner of a couple role-play forums long deleted from in-activity several years ago (back in the 90's) and more recently a mod for the LoEP thread.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I spend a majority of my time here and feel this would be a great way to give back to the community. I am confident I can meet each challenge with a calm temperament and unbiased outlook.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I'm familiar with basic BBC coding, limited HTML, editing posts and thread navigation as shown in both my trade thread and character thread. In terms of Peer Mediation I have approximately four years of leadership training, been a trainee leader in more than one occasion with accolades as well as work at a call center for Dell Server Support. It is safe to say I can take being raged at and not take it personally.

Thank you for taking the time to review my application and I have confidence in what ever decisions you decide upon.
Thank you Juhaihai for the amazing art!
Flight Rising

Goatlings

My Fursona and Characters

Art Contest [Closed]

Seeking the last 7 UR Butterflywolf DOGS from 4.1.2012 for my hoard.

Shingeki no Kyojin icons made by me.
Gaurweth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me