Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Hiring forum moderators: Apply Within.

Postby Mausoleum » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:40 pm

*sighs* It's perfectly legal and fine to do so.... nobody is expecting anything.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Svaler » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:43 pm

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: United States

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Eight months, since the beginning of October.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: 3-5 hours a day, everyday. On non-school days, more.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I spend three hours daily on my computer, going back and forth between Chicken Smoothie and Gaia Online. Since Gaia isn't too taxing, I can be on CS for about ten hours a week, twelve now that summer has arrived.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: N, though I was a beta tester for a section of Gaia Online.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I'd like to be a CS moderator because want to keep it running smoothly beyond the capabilities I have now as a regular user. As is I can still help the newer members, but cannot keep things clean or hold true authority. I don't want to be a moderator because of the power, but because as a mod I can take my assistance to the full extent. This would be my first major role on the Internet, and I wish to take my leadership skills learned in life to here so I can do the above mentioned. Being a moderator is a heavy responsibility, but with my higher amount of maturity than when I joined, I feel I can handle it and enjoy it if you allow me the position.
Any other comments?: [free space]
Last edited by Svaler on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trading ALL items for pets.
Seriously. If I have an item, send a trade for it.
Svaler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:49 pm

rosepose wrote:*sighs* It's perfectly legal and fine to do so.... nobody is expecting anything.

What are you talking about?
x
x

x
"𝚠𝚎 πš‹πš•πš˜πš˜πš– πšžπš—πšπš’πš• 𝚠𝚎 πšŠπšŒπš‘πšŽ"

α΄€Κ€α΄› ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

manga panel from witch hate atelier
Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starcrusher » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 pm

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: \
What country are you from?: USA
Around what age are you? 15-18

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Only since March. -_-
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Daily, except in special circumstances where I can't reach a computer on a day-to-day basis.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: At least four hours a day, usually much more. Since Summer has started, I can manage to be on much more often, pretty much as often as needed.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I have. They were all ProBoards forums, though, and it was a couple of years ago, so they've been shut down. I made a site of my own and was fairly efficient there, but we didn't get enough members, so I had to close it down. :( I'm sorry I don't have records of them, but I have been a Moderator on quite a few sites.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I think that I could do a good job in upholding the rules and being fair and just. I'm good at communication, and I like talking and socializing with others. I don't discriminate or hold grudges, and I could handle an offense calmly, and strictly if need be. I love this site, and I love animals and art. It would do me a great honor to be able to return the favor and help CS as it has helped me in the short time I've been here, especially to grow and develop into a better artist. The community here is incredibly inspiring. :D
Any other comments?: As a possible contender for a new Moderator, I'd like to say that I'd be ready and willing to help design and color pets. :D
starcrusher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Icesky wrote:
rosepose wrote:*sighs* It's perfectly legal and fine to do so.... nobody is expecting anything.

What are you talking about?

Oh, just pointing out it's perfectly fine for intermods and staff to apply.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thelazyone22 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:56 pm

I have like zero chance but doesn't hurt to try :3
OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: U.S.
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+)

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since December 8D
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Most everyday, starting around 3-4, dinner around 7, then off at around 9 later on Friday and Saturday
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Around 5 1/2 hours a day? Almost everyday?
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: http://wolvesofpilgrim.forumotion.com/forum.htm, http://sunset-forest.proboards.com/index.cgi (isn't this just the most pitiful resume you've seen?)
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Because I love CS and I have so much free time and am constantly browsing the forums. It would be my pleasure to help things run a little more smoothly here. This site has improved my art and given me a place to make my characters but there are still people who steal art and characters and it just makes me so mad because of all the work put into the works, they are stolen.
Any other comments?: Might I suggest, Leurai?
thelazyone22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pikachu » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:16 pm

How long have you been a member on CS?: 9 Months!
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Every single day. Long once school ends in two weeks. I usually come on at 4-5 when I get home from school and do a quick scan in the morning. I'm use EST.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: No lies here. I usually only come on for about 4/5 hours on weekdays, usually a a guest just to monitor some threads I like. On weekends I can probably come on more.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: N/A. I am a mod on a school forum but i am uncomfortable/ not allowed to give links.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I'd love to be a mod to give back to the people of CS. The people here on CS are the nicest bunch I've ever been around. (Sad?) to say, they're nicer than people in real life, haha. The community here doesn't have tolls, and all arguments are friendly ones. This is on the the now few online forums I still respect. This place has inspired me. As cheesy as it may sound, it really kicked my crappy ;A; art off. It has also helped me improve my art bunches.
Any other comments?: gLove!
Also, thanks for taking the time to read this. There are many better people here, but I thought it'd be worth a try c: Thanks for taking the time to read all of them.
I gasped when I saw this thread <3

I'm 12 years old! :lol: This probably ruins my chances x3
pikachu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verd » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:19 pm

I am 11. my birthday was June 1 so i'm really peepy and ready to work. I live in the great USA.
I have been playing for a week (since May 26) and I am really starting to love it here! I know the site well.
Now that school is out i will visit a ton more and be on alot more! I play at least 7 hours a week (an hour a day ;) ). I would love to be a moderator because i'm always on, i love this site (too much that a couldn't imagine it and my life would never be the same with out it ;) ), and i want to make sure the site can be as enjoyable to everone as i see it is. :lol: :mrgreen: :D :) ;) I know you guys are short on staff and you want mature epople on cs but even though im young, im a great helper. And if you wanted, i could advertise on my website. And I would really love to be a member of the team!

Hope you pick me!
Last edited by Verd on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage
verd / vox / tobi
gay man - adult - autistic
trades always open

currently reading/playing:
house of leaves and new vegas
Verd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChocoboQueen » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:22 pm

What country are you from?: United States of America
Around what age are you? 13, but I'm very mature for my age.

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since October of '08. I love it here and have been on every day since I joined. :D
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I will be able to come onto the forums every day. Unless something comes up, but I guess that's kind of expected.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: on the average day, I used to spend about 8 hours on CS, but my time was cut back against my wishes. Now I'm on about 1-2 hours a day, and I try to do as much as I can in those few hours.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I haven't actually been a moderator before, but I'm sure willing to try!
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I want to be a moderator because, well, I just love Chicken Smoothie! I love all of the people, and I like to help people out that are new to the site and people that aren't new too. I also want to get some site moderating experience for the career path that I'd like to take in the future. I know my way around the forums very well. I also know all the rules and tell someone when they are breaking them. In a nice way of course.
Any other comments?: I'm very enthusiastic and honest, and, like I mentioned before, I am very mature for my age. I have a strong sense of what's right, and I like to use it to my advantage, and to everyone else's. When someone tries to get away with breaking the rules, I like to be firm but nice when informing them about it, and I can be strict when I need to be. I'd love to get a better relationship with all of you, and I hope you consider me for a CS moderator.
Last edited by ChocoboQueen on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Where's your will to be weird?"
ImageCars are pollution. Chocobos are the solution!Image

"Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts."-Jim Morrison

Image Image
ChocoboQueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verd » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:46 pm

svaler wrote:OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
I think you should be a moderator
burpigwet
What country are you from?: United States

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Eight months, since the beginning of October.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: 3-5 hours a day, everyday. On non-school days, more.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I spend three hours daily on my computer, going back and forth between Chicken Smoothie and Gaia Online. Since Gaia isn't too taxing, I can be on CS for about ten hours a week, twelve now that summer has arrived.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: N, though I was a beta tester for a section of Gaia Online
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I'd like to be a CS moderator because want to keep it running smoothly beyond the capabilities I have now as a regular user. As is I can still help the newer members, but cannot keep things clean or hold true authority. I don't want to be a moderator because of the power, but because as a mod I can take my assistance to the full extent.
Any other comments?: [free space]

ImageImageImage
verd / vox / tobi
gay man - adult - autistic
trades always open

currently reading/playing:
house of leaves and new vegas
Verd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery