Big Rarity Update - read for details!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Big Rarity Update - read for details!

Postby Brigitte Lindholm » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:03 am

This precious baby finally went from common to rare, like I was saying he should have been to begin with lol
Brigitte Lindholm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meek Kawaii Mush » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:31 am

awesome!
Meek Kawaii Mush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rasputin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 pm

rad
Rasputin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .froggie. » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:31 pm

This update was kind of annoying cuz my folders are totally messed up and now I only have a couple rares and 13 uncommons :(
Plus, as an avid hoarder, i’ve Traded tons of my uncommons and lots of rares for dupes for my Hoards and after looking at my groups and seeing their rarities drop drastically, it makes me feel cheated... while this update seems to have benefited many old players, it makes players like me who’ve only been playing for a few years feel like they’ve gone back to square one.
.froggie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Anoka wrote:This update was kind of annoying cuz my folders are totally messed up and now I only have a couple rares and 13 uncommons :(
Plus, as an avid hoarder, i’ve Traded tons of my uncommons and lots of rares for dupes for my Hoards and after looking at my groups and seeing their rarities drop drastically, it makes me feel cheated... while this update seems to have benefited many old players, it makes players like me who’ve only been playing for a few years feel like they’ve gone back to square one.

Check what you traded for those pets. It's quite possible that the pets you traded also ended up having their rarities downgraded. Then that might help you to feel a bit better about it.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cottonpaw » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:51 pm

I love this! I used to wonder why I saw omgsr pets as much as omgsc so this is very nice to finally see this update! The only part I’m sad about it that there is not more uncommon warrior cats, making them harder to collect, but it’s reasonable. :)
Cottonpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AnimalAtHeart » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:11 pm

musicgurl333 wrote:
Anoka wrote:This update was kind of annoying cuz my folders are totally messed up and now I only have a couple rares and 13 uncommons :(

Check what you traded for those pets. It's quite possible that the pets you traded also ended up having their rarities downgraded. Then that might help you to feel a bit better about it.

or ya'know..... feel worse cause you traded off pets that got rarer
not very active anymore...
Gryph/Cricket/Ammie | they/them
you can pm me, but it may take me a while to get back to you
toyhouse | tumblr | artfight
AnimalAtHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:25 pm

AnimalAtHeart wrote:
musicgurl333 wrote:

or ya'know..... feel worse cause you traded off pets that got rarer

I mean sure, that's a possibility. But it sounds like they're already unhappy so this at least offers a chance to make it better. LOTS of pets went down in rarity so unless they were trading mostly older pets, there's a good chance that the pets they traded went down in rarity too.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby līga » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Byggden wrote:
Hush wrote:Was the non swirl dog OMG SR before? I don’t remember.

Non(e) of the nons were OMGSR (lol pun intended)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

haha :D Well, we'll see how the rares list changes now with objective rarities.
līga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harlowe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 am

So as a newbie (I joined the first week of January), I'm glad this update took place now while I still have not so many pets LOL 'cause I don't know how to sort anything yet so I just broke them into rarity. Sounds like I had a lot less work to do than some of you!

Here's my honest perspective as a newbie:

Before the update:
The only way I've gotten pets outside of January's adopts and a couple pound openings is through the generosity of other users. I'm new. I have to trust in the goodness of others. I just don't have anything accumulated yet.

After the update:
The only way I've gotten pets outside of January's adopts and a couple pound openings is through the generosity of other users. I'm new. I have to trust in the goodness of others. I just don't have anything accumulated yet.

Did it sting to try and follow advice about adopting uncommons to trade for rares and then watching most of my uncommons fall to very common or common or OMG so common? Yes. I did have one turn rare though, so yay for my pound pet, the only rare I have that wasn't gifted or won on the adoption forums!

But at the end of the day, I'm new, and it doesn't really change my process. I don't have enough pets to get what I want and trade for what I'd like, so I'm trying to build my stock. I don't know, maybe uncommons will have a stronger perceived valued now and it'll be harder for me to find them (due to the ones being left being more accurate thus closer to rare). Maybe Uncommons will still be easy to find in some of the bigger adoption centers. No clue. We'll see how it plays out.

I'm still happy it's updated and hope this (shall we call it improved rarity transparency?) helps myself and all players in the long run. <3
Harlowe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me