Roleplay Moderators - CLOSED - now chosen

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Yamanaka Shin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:44 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) Wed Feb 11, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 20718

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.) Yes, I am. And I'm willing, fully, to take on all responsibilities of the job. I am of legal adult age.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week, 5 or 6 if I can't make all 7. But I usually make all 7.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? On a good day, at least 5 or 6 hours. On a 'lean' day, at least 3.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No, I have not. But I have moderated on Xat Chats.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. Tv.com, Skype, TNR, and F-List Chat. (TNR= http://www.theninja-rpg.com/) My rp'ing career started back in 9th grade. That was nearly 5 years ago.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, I used to do a lot of them back in 2009.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Roleplaying has always been very fun for me. On CS, I had done some that were so much fun. CS's Roleplay boards have such a high capacity for being great and fun for all. Right now, they're pretty good. But I have noticed many threads in them that break rules. A lot of them have rampant art theft. Reported some of said art theft in the past. I really want to help clean up the RP boards on CS in order to make them more fun and efficient for the populace of CS. That sounds stereotypical for any application, but oh well. I'd help out other members of the CS team with suggestions for making the RP section of this site's forums even better, such as dividing up the 2 categories a bit further in order to make things clearer and neater. I'd also aid with the "Looking For An RP" thread if needed. This job would be an effective use of my allotted time on this site. And any help I could provide would hopefully help CS keep improving for the better. Becoming a Mod of any breed on CS is the dream of many. If I was allowed onto the team, no one would regret it.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I was the co-owner of a roleplay on Tv.com ages ago. It was my first roleplay ever. Other than that...no.
Last edited by Yamanaka Shin on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamanaka Shin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Ollieh wrote:I joined November of last year, making April my 6th month here. Is this fine or no?

No, sorry. You won't have your 5th month anniversary until the end of this month.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby atollvik » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:57 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: December 22nd, 2008

2. How many posts have you made in the forum?: 599 (This will be my 600th post)

3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I always have this website open on a tab, but when I'm browsing and/or posting, I'd say about five or six hours.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before?: Yes, I was a mini-mod on Horseland.com.

7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?: Yes, I roleplay on Horseland.com, and I lead my own literary roleplay group on there. (Clicky.)

8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: Oh yeah! There's a few active ones, and a few that have died off, and a few that I've even started!

9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Well, first of all, I love roleplaying, so I would be active around that particular forum. I want to help keep Chickensmoothie clean and safe for younger children, so they don't end up on anything inappropriate. I've been a member for so long, and really want to help out the site more.

10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I have a few extra skills, such as speaking Spanish. Also, I lead my own literary roleplay group on Horseland.com, which is listed above. I have a few funny skills, like holding my breath for forty-two seconds, or standing on my left foot for an hour, but those wouldn't apply to the internet much.

My literary roleplay group (and my profile) page.
atollvik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arouria » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply): Thursday, November 12, 2009( This however is not the day I found Chicken Smoothie. I have been A guest at CS since late 2008. I like to get to know a site, see how it works, and learn the rules before I join. Unfortunately, the did take a while, but i am now a proud and happy member of
Chicken Smoothie, and I now hope to take it to the next level by applying for this position.)

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply:) I have posted 1273 posts since I have joined CS

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.):
I am old enough to apply for this possition, I don't mind telling you that I am 22 years old. Although, my little sister was playing on my computer when you issued the re-count for ages, I am not entirely sure what she put as my age for that, but I guarantee this is my acctual age.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit CS every day, so that would be seven days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend a minimum of four hours a day here on CS, The most a day I am here in seven to eight hours.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them These are the following places I am a mod(On-site): Fara Foxes,In To The Clouds,Wilder Adopts
(Off-site):
Bright Lights (Run by the_donut_master)

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?: (If there's any places in particular, please link to them.) I tend to keep to Chicken Smoothie for my Role Plays, they seem to have the best set-ups and forums, so no, I do not role-play anywhere besides Chicken Smoothie.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: Yes, many, and I am still active in many of them, some of them are:
Mystic Clan,Power Clans, and In To The Clouds
These are only a few role-plays I am active in, In all, about five.(I don't like to get involved with too many.)

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I think this would be a great place to put what I know into action. I have been wondering if there could be a way to help out Chicken Smoothie before, I think this could be an amazing chance for me to do that. I thought about applying for mod, but there where people better-suited for that, I think this is where my knowledge of CS could really be needed. I am very active in the forums, one of my highest-visited forums is the Role-play thread. I would jump off a cliff If you guys told me too, you have done so much for the site, I hope to be able to thank you by helping with your role-play forums.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Although I have run two very-sucssesful Role-plays before, I think I may be able to express to newer role-players how everything works in a role-play, the positions you can hold and the fun you can have. I can also keep violence to an acceptable level and keep inappropriate scenes to an in-descriptive level. I hope to be able to make CS a better place, just like you have done before me.

Thank you,

~Arouria
// Help // Characters // Perediashas // Da //
Arouria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby average » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:39 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
January 12, 2009

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:
Yes; I'm a legal adult.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Usually 5-8, unless it is a Sunday, then around 3-5.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before?
A few, but they died. Here is one that is still up: Click

7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?
Yes, on the roleplaying sites previously mentioned.

8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Oh yes, and I've also owned many; a couple of them had reached the hundreds. I spend most of my time roleplaying, and in the first year I participated in mostly animal RP's, and then I found the humanoid/human/fantasy RP's and began writing there. Despite the fact that I spend more tine roleplaying on the human part of the board, if I find an animal roleplay that sparks my interest, I will join in a blink of an eye. I am also part of the Semi-Literate+ RPers Club, and frequently check there for new roleplays to join.

9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I consider myself to be a semi-literary/literary roleplayer, and I love it. I've always found enjoyment to it, and it is the main thing that I do on CS. Many people go on here more for the pets, or Oekaki, or the games, or the clubs, but I spend most of my time roleplaying. I constantly am on that particular forum, and I would like to be part of the team to clean it up. I'd like to think of myself as patient and I do what needs to be done when needed. Not only is this job necessary, I consider it to be fun. Since I am on so much, I am able to spend time on my job, and I feel I could do it well. I've been roleplaying ever since I first joined CS, which was two and a half years ago, so I feel that I know my way around the board. I'm mature and I've always been a mature person ever seen I was a child, so I feel that I can do my job without acting childish, and especially considering the fact that I am a legal adult. I know the rules of CS RPing quite well, and I know when a rule has been broken. I would love just knowing that I am helping CS become a better, cleaner and safer place, and it's been my dream to be a RP moderator ever since the first applications for it, because I know I can do it well, and because of my love of roleplaying.

10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I'm fluent in Russian, and I've modded on three other roleplay websites.

EDIT: Accidentally missed a letter in a word. x3
Last edited by average on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
average

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kandria » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:58 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply): Oct 2008
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2179
3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 6 to 8
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have, sadly they are all now closed or inactive
http://www.mysticalworlds.org/Avengaurd - Gone
http://www.Kindredofsilverhand.com - Gone
http://z3.invisionfree.example.com/Avalon - Inactive
and others but, linking inactive/gone forums I don't believe will help me much
7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Yes, at both the above linked forums, and via a chat,
Spinchat.com , Temp Room Jedi Temple (I can't link my profile, it has personal information such as my age, and name, but I joined it back in 98)
8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Only a few, both started and tried to join most don't go far sadly.
9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I really wish to help wherever it is needed, and do what I can to keep it a fun and safe place to be.
10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I have RP'd for over 10 years, in many locations, as well as the above chat Went on for over 10 years. I have also "GM'd" role play type games, like D&D, and still roleplay today in places like World of Warcraft, and with friends. Some 1 on 1, some with many more people.
I try to keep calm, and look at all sides of things, be it when I'm just a player of someone running an RP, or dealing with conflict.
Without going into personal level details, I also work as a teacher, so not only have I been well versed in dealing with, and helping people. I've had to invent ways to help people learn, or calm down students and work out conflicts. This has left me most of the time level headed, and able to tell when I'm upset/too involved emotional to make a call, and step back take time to calm down and come back with a calm impartial opinion.
Kandria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burtonite » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Application-

What date did you register as a CS member?: On Monday, June 7th 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum: 677 (678 after this)

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Around five or more. I usually go on in the morning, afternoon, evening, and till midnight from 11pm sometimes.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?: No

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?: No

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: Yes

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: One reason is that I like enforcing rules. I may break them sometimes but I hate when people disrespect clear rules. I like enforcing them and do so online and in real life.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the positions?: None really come to mind. I do have a website of my own that I do Moderate but it's not famous or anything it's more like a community website that I put flyers around where I live. So people I don't know are on it and I do mod them all.
ImageImageImageImage
Burtonite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toadfoal » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:47 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
January 24, 2009

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:
Yes.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
All seven, with few exceptions.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I try to limit my time online a little bit (it has been brought to my attention that I (and others I'm sure) generally function more maturely if I'm not glued to the screen venting all day). So I would say that I spend a rough estimate of 5-6 hours online per day, on and off.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Yes, as it so happens I have!
While it existed, I was a moderator on Shima's website, Adopt Some Creativity. The link still exists in my application to become a General Helper, but I cannot transfer it to this one because it no longer works.
I am also an administrator for The Zoo, and previously moderated for a few smaller websites as well.

7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
I have roleplayed on multiple sites, including one which has been active for about three years now on
Howrse. Others include The Goennec Roleplay Site and Shinlai Community.

8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
I have. Unfortunately, it has been a while since I actively roleplayed on this particular site, due to personal preferences. I do not dislike the CS roleplay boards, I simply prefer to browse them.

9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I have multiple reasons for wishing to become a roleplay moderator. I have never applied before on this site to become a moderator of any sort. I applied to become a General Helper, because at that time I was aware that it required no more than being a true member who simply wanted to help (not involving any particular moderation powers). I did this because I wanted to limit myself, and did not believe that I was capable or willing to do more. However, as I have matured from that time, any biased opinions of members I previously had have dissolved. Such a job can now be taken more seriously, though of course I still love being cheerful and chatting!
I've always loved to help, in any way that I can. Recenty it seems that the cyberbullying rate has increased significantly, a fact which I find rather disturbing. I myself have never been a victim of bullying in flesh, however, since integrating into the online world, I discovered that no person is immune to this problem. Because I am not very emotionally sensitive, I found it easy to deal with this bullying and have not been effected, but regret that others cannot say the same. Perhaps in this way I could help make a difference, even if it is limited, there are still thousands of members I could help protect.

10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I have a generous amount of experiance in peer meditation. As a General Helper my view on human behavior and understanding of typed communication have improved significantly, though throughout my life I have always enjoyed being a mediator. (I won't type out an essay on all of my experiances for this, unless you want me to!) I get along quite well with people and don't really have a temper, which I think would be perhaps a good thing for this sort of job.
As mentioned previously, I also have no biased opinions on particular members, so issuing warnings should not prove to be any sort of problem. If it makes any difference, I also do not believe in abusing power, so you need not worry about that getting out of control. Fortunately I learned some helpful things from history! 8D
Last edited by Toadfoal on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toadfoal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sarcasteil » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:54 pm

How does CS know how old I am if I don't live in the US? Like I'm 10 then write down I'm 16 when applying to be a moderator?
time lord
wizard
hunter
sociopath
shadowhunter
demigod
divergent
avenger

goldfishkeeper
drawer
photographer
crafter
painter
musician
reader
badminton player

sarcasteil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:04 pm

WhiteFang95 wrote:How does CS know how old I am if I don't live in the US? Like I'm 10 then write down I'm 16 when applying to be a moderator?

it doesn't matter, you don't have enough posts and you haven't been here long enough to apply
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me