HIRING: Mods and GH, RESULTS DELAYED UNTIL AUGUST

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Application Sent

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:17 am

Pawshy Ra wrote:Tess, I've sent my Application a day ago. I would like it if you'd reply to it soon. I would like to be a General Helper here on CS. I know the Rules well, and I have Good Trading Knowledge. I'm asking that can you please accept me. C: It's my goal to become a General Helper or higher. It's true that I joined CS in 2015, but I know the Site well. I go on CS about 1-5 Hours a day. I'm always here to help New Users, so I think I'll be a great Helper.

Particular Skills:
Great Trading Knowledge, Abilities To Speak Different Languages, Profound ability to perform routine and repetitive work, Able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, And Mediation Skills

We do not reply to each individual application. And we haven't even started reviewing them as applications are still open. Please read the front page as it tells you how the application process works on cs and about when applications will be closing
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: NOW HIRING: Oekaki Mods, Roleplay Mods, General Helpers

Postby Swiftalu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:18 am

Lillybear wrote:
    If a General Helper, for some reason, dons't know the answer to a question, what would they do? Would they contact another GH or an Admin?
    Thank you.

Usually we have a GH who does know the answer to the question answer it instead, or we ask for help answering it from other staff/GH if it's a PM.

Zambo wrote:
Lets say you have been a GH for 5 years and decided to become a normal player or have important life expectations . Who do you tell?

If you have become too busy for the job or no longer want it then it is asked that you step down, you tell Tess to do this.
Swiftalu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anathema » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:57 am

is it possible that a player trying out for general helper doesn't have an, er, entirely clean slate, per say, and they want to redeem themselves?

anathema ‣ grad student ‣ 21+
kinda only here to rp and trade lolz

x
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swiftalu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:05 am

anathema wrote:
    is it possible that a player trying out for general helper doesn't have an, er, entirely clean slate, per say, and they want to redeem themselves?

You can still apply for any of the positions even if you have had warnings in the past, they usually matter if they are recent warnings. If they are old and not very serious then it shouldn't affect you majorly.
Swiftalu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:08 am

anathema wrote:

If you have an active/recent warning most often your application will be looked over in favor of someone who hasn't caused any recent trouble.
Inactive/old warnings, depending on the severity don't often effect your application as much. But again that's the difference between say, a minor spam warning from 2012 and a severe art theft warning from the same year. Both are old, but the spam warning won't hold anywhere near as much weight against you as the art theft warning would when the staff begins reviewing the applications.
That's not to say you wouldn't be picked if you had the art theft warning, but if someone with the same qualifications did not have a warning or only had an old spam warning, they would likely be picked instead as theirs wouldn't be nearly as severe.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luno » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 am

I'm curious. Why do roleplay mods have to be 18+?
luno

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyderp » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:13 am

Sorry to bother any of you lovely people, but I was just wondering, do the mods and GH's also have power to ban? Or is it just certain others?
huskyderp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scarlet Janefox » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:15 am

.:IObemI:. wrote:I'm curious. Why do roleplay mods have to be 18+?

Because they have a good chance of coming across inappropriate content. Same thing with Global Moderators; I'm not sure why Oekaki Moderators only have to be sixteen, though.

Sloth_Luver12 wrote:Sorry to bother any of you lovely people, but I was just wondering, do the mods and GH's also have power to ban? Or is it just certain others?

General Helpers do not have the power to ban. They only gain access to the help ticket system, but they don't have any other special abilities. Moderators have the power to give board warnings, but I think only admins can ban someone.
I am fennec.
Hear me scream.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Any pronouns

Flight Rising

Youtube
(Mostly dance videos,
some animation stuff)

Toyhou.se

Trade Thread

Current auction:
Cyberpunk store item set
Scarlet Janefox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby montmorency » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:16 am

#iCarly4Life<3 wrote:

Because they have a good chance of coming across inappropriate content. Same thing with Global Moderators; I'm not sure why Oekaki Moderators only have to be sixteen, though.

Most likely it's the same reasons for both oekaki moderators and roleplay moderators, but I'm unsure about the age difference. I think it's just so much less common in the oekaki boards that they decided the oekaki moderators can be 16 and up. :3
    x𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
    ┌─────────┐

hey, i'm mont! i'm an
    american student who
    likes history and is on
    line sometimes.
    feel free to pm me.
    ───────✪───────
    they/she • adult • cst
    art listo mit

└─────────┘
    x𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:25 am

Roleplay moderators have to clean up inappropriate and sometimes r-rated material that minors should not be exposed to in order to protect our younger users. Oekaki mods don't have that problem since most of what is cleaned up in the oekaki is art theft and occasional gore.
Global moderators see a lot of spam bots in the approval queue and occasionally those bots will try to link to sites containing inappropriate materials. Therefore gms and rpms must be at least 18 as we cannot willingly and knowingly expose minors to inappropriate material.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me