Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Hiring forum moderators: Apply Within.

Postby Sassette » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:38 am

cervas wrote:I agree with what Celina said. n_n Keep the good work moddin´, everyone. And try not to get abused so much. xD I´m excited to see who the new people to carry their names with light green letters~ >3

I will apply as well, even if I will likely not be chosen (I´m already a internacional mod, wee~ xD), because I did it on the first mod hiring thread, and it doesn´t hurt to try now as well.

Optional Questions: (you don't have to answer this section!) But I will either way. :3

What country are you from?:(this is just for timezone reference) II´m from Argentina, located in SA, aka, South America. :3
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+): I just turned 15, last month.

Compulsory questions:

How long have you been a member on CS?: Er.... Since August ´08.... *counts with fingers* 9 months?

How often can you come on the CS forums?: I lurk a lot in the CS forums, do it everyday. It should be around 1-2 hours everyday, at least. I normally only come check the Internacional Board, the Chicken Smoothie Chat, the Creativity and the General Chat sections. Of course, it would all change if I became a global mod... I come more on weekends, at night. :3

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Like I said above, 1 hour per day, at least.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I was pretty close to becoming a mod in another site I went to, but I abandoned it when I became addicted to CS, and only became an old known member between all the mods and admins. :3 I´ve been a mod in many xats whatsoever. owo;;

Why do you want to be a moderator here?:

Well. Because, I love this site, I have been on it for so long, and it´s always really attracting... All the community here is so nice and united. :3 I really want to help people with their doubts that aren´t only language problems, as well as keep the boards all clean and neat from spam, double posts, etc.... And of course, help our dear old abused moderators and staff. c:

Any other comments?:

Good luck with your finals, Tess. ^^ As well as say to all mods and staff and Nick to keep doing their jobs as well as they already do, and keep this great place workin´.

((Aren't you already an International Board Moderator?))
I am Sassette. If you call me Sassy, then I will NOT be happy. Grandpa Smurf calls me Sassy and I don't like it. My CSW (Chicken Smoothie World) job is farmer/merchant.

My Smoogle!

Pet's name: Fluffy
Owner's name: Sassette

Click HERE for a cool job!

Click here for a video about ME, Sassette, and how I came to Smurf Village!
Sassette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberus151 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:49 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference)
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+)under 14 but really mature for age

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:since November or December but I've only been really active since 2009 which makews me 5 months active
How often can you come on the CS forums?:almost every day
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:about 45 min or more on week days and a hour and waaayyy more on weekends
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:no not at all
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I've always looked up to moderators especially sorren fay and lady and i have hoped that someday someone will be looking up to me not just because i had a title but because i do the right thing
Any other comments?: yes, i have a comment about my age i am remarkably mature for my age my friends say i act like their mom sometimes and i find that creepy i also have something else to say your art is awesome tess and even if i'm not chosen i'll understand I AM young but even though it's an honor to be on this site (yeah i know I'm obsessed)
Last edited by cyberus151 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you PolarAzulTigris for Juilet
Image Image
cyberus151

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:53 am

Sassette, 3 of the intermods have already applied, and one staff member. That'd be me. There's nothing barring existing staff members from applying for moderator positions.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tobby » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:54 am

Sassette wrote:
cervas wrote:I agree with what Celina said. n_n Keep the good work moddin´, everyone. And try not to get abused so much. xD I´m excited to see who the new people to carry their names with light green letters~ >3

I will apply as well, even if I will likely not be chosen (I´m already a internacional mod, wee~ xD), because I did it on the first mod hiring thread, and it doesn´t hurt to try now as well.

Optional Questions: (you don't have to answer this section!) But I will either way. :3

What country are you from?:(this is just for timezone reference) II´m from Argentina, located in SA, aka, South America. :3
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+): I just turned 15, last month.

Compulsory questions:

How long have you been a member on CS?: Er.... Since August ´08.... *counts with fingers* 9 months?

How often can you come on the CS forums?: I lurk a lot in the CS forums, do it everyday. It should be around 1-2 hours everyday, at least. I normally only come check the Internacional Board, the Chicken Smoothie Chat, the Creativity and the General Chat sections. Of course, it would all change if I became a global mod... I come more on weekends, at night. :3

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Like I said above, 1 hour per day, at least.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I was pretty close to becoming a mod in another site I went to, but I abandoned it when I became addicted to CS, and only became an old known member between all the mods and admins. :3 I´ve been a mod in many xats whatsoever. owo;;

Well. Because, I love this site, I have been on it for so long, and it´s always really attracting... All the community here is so nice and united. :3 I really want to help people with their doubts that aren´t only language problems, as well as keep the boards all clean and neat from spam, double posts, etc.... And of course, help our dear old abused moderators and staff. c:

Any other comments?:

Good luck with your finals, Tess. ^^ As well as say to all mods and staff and Nick to keep doing their jobs as well as they already do, and keep this great place workin´.

Look at her whole post.
Image Image Image

Moonflight wrote:That was quite insensitive to the percent of the population that was born chinless and cannot grow tasty beards. Shame on you D:
Tobby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yu-Gi-OhFan09 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:59 am

What country are you from?: USA
Around what age are you? 15
CS is better htan any other forum I've seen!

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:
4-5 months
How often can you come on the CS forums?: right now have to be on at least 10 hours. Summer vacation 'bout all summer vacation but my parents make last minute plans so I don't know when I won't be on until that day.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Day 10 hrs week 3.5 days total
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: no but I keep peace and disciplne when needed at school
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: well I see alot of people misbeahving and I would to do something to help and also this place is great and I would love to help it prosper!
Any other comments?: Well I may be young but I know what it feels like to be abused in RL and Online and i would like that not to happen to any one else. Also As everyone else said I am I am very mature and only fool around with friends and people i trust(almost no one) and thanks, Tess, for creating this awesome site. Before this I was bored to death on the weekends.
Last edited by Yu-Gi-OhFan09 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wishlist 1
Hey guys, and welcome to my depression.
Don't copy me, I don't want your lives to be miserable, but I really think this site is getting...How shall I put it???? Ah, a bit boring....What's the point of joining a role play if no one decides to post any more....Anyways....Talk to you guys later....
Yu-Gi-OhFan09
Yu-Gi-OhFan09

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jeffandlex » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:07 pm

What country are you from?: California USA

Around what age are you?: I'll be turning 12 in 2 months. Online I'm more mature but in real life I'm just being a kid. :)

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since,... I think the end of November but I go even more active by the middle of December.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: Well I'm mostly on 24-7.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: About from 6:00 - 10:00. (My time)
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I was but I don't think the site is still up.

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Well you are right that some of the mods are being abused, I think the reason for this is because of all the new people and the mods not being abel to keep them under control. Any ways I just want to help the mods and because I love this site I just want it to be how it was the first day I joined. Under control, no people stealing lineart, asking for art for pets and not giving the pets in return, disobeying the RP starts, etc.

Any other comments?: I have done some unexcuseable things but that was just cause I got excited from the December give away. :oops:
jeffandlex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Achi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:14 pm

What country are you from?: Washington,USA

Around what age are you?: Twelve as of May.

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since August 08
How often can you come on the CS forums?: About 3-4 hours a day on school days, but summer break is coming up, in which case I will be able to be on a a lot more.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: 3-4 hours a day, seven days a week
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I love this site and I would like to help CS and keep the forums clean so it can be enjoyed by all age groups.

Any other comments?: Please don't be put off by my age, as I am quite responsible and mature. :)

Thanks for considering me for the position :) Good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Achi on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Achi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solfeggio » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Snook22 wrote:What country are you from?: US
Around what age are you? 19+

cervas wrote:I will apply as well, even if I will likely not be chosen (I´m already a internacional mod, wee~ xD), because I did it on the first mod hiring thread, and it doesn´t hurt to try now as well.

I'm not here to apply (I'd love to, but unfortunately can't for RL reasons), but I just wanted to mention my support for Snook and Swervy (cervas xD). I was on Partly Sunny when Snook was a mod on there, and she's a wonderfully sensible person who can enforce rules firmly but is still a great person to talk to :3 And of course, Swervy, because she's been on here for longer than I can remember and I'm very certain she'll make sure that rules are followed. :D

Good luck everyone! n_n Looking forward to whoever will be chosen.
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sassette » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Honeybunch wrote:
Sassette wrote:

Compulsory questions:

Any other comments?:

Look at her whole post.

((Sorry, just saw name in blue and sign up sheet and went mad))
I am Sassette. If you call me Sassy, then I will NOT be happy. Grandpa Smurf calls me Sassy and I don't like it. My CSW (Chicken Smoothie World) job is farmer/merchant.

My Smoogle!

Pet's name: Fluffy
Owner's name: Sassette

Click HERE for a cool job!

Click here for a video about ME, Sassette, and how I came to Smurf Village!
Sassette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fishie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:32 pm

What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference)
Canada, Ontario to be exact :)
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+) 14, but, I hope this doesn't sound like bragging, since I've been on forums (I was 12 when I started) people have told me they though I was way older =P

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:
Since March 1st, as it states under my avatar. However, I started actually playing CS, trading for pets, and posting around a week or so after that.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Every day. Sometimes I have stuff to do, as everyone knows, but not very often. I hardly ever skip a day on CS. If I'm busy I'll usually check back any time I can that day (before going to bed or in the morning).
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: In a day, I spend about 8 or 9 hours on here. More on the weekend (around 10+).
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I've been an admin in several fish forums, and other random forums, however, that was a year or so ago, and I couldn't really find the links.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Well, there is a long, long list, but I'll try putting everything on here. First of all, since the day I saw this site, I admired all the work the mods, and Tess and Nick did. I have seriously dreamed about being part of the staff here. Not as an artist, but maybe as a mod in the far future, when I'd been a member for longer and I might have chatted to the mods. Almost all my life is on CS (yes, that is nerdy, and no, I don't care!). I have spent so much time talking to people on here, trying to get my collection where I want it to be, and still admiring you guys. Even though I know it's a hard job, I also know I'm prepared. I know the basic rules by heart and always try to help out the newbies that are a little clueless. I think that CS could use some more mods to make the 'original' mods' lives a little easier =P I'd like to keep the forum fun for everyone, because that's basically what CS is all about. I love the CS community, I am really passionate about this website, and if you chose me I would be beyond honored. I would just freak out!! It's a dream of mine to be a part of this awesome staff!!
Any other comments?: As others have said, please don't be put off when you see my age. I really am mature for my age, and I would seriously be on all the time (I am now anyways!) you probably won't choose me, but thanks for making this an awesome forum nevertheless! ((And I'm sorry to the mods who have to choose, you guys really are getting abused! XD Not even a day and you have to sort through all these applications!)
Last edited by Fishie on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me