Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby The Last Raven » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:03 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
February 6, 2010
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I'm on every day of every week. Even when I'm traveling I still find time to get on CS.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I would have to estimate a total of about 2 and a half hours between mobile use and computer use of CS.I usually am on at least once or twice from my computer and then several more times from my phone CS is usually the first thing I pull up before my day starts to check on trades, posts, ect.
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Unfortunately none. I've never applied for moderating duties before.
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes. 609 times to be exact. I have learned a great deal about the program from my time simply experimenting as well as reading up on tips and hints about the oekaki.
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
For sure! I love just looking at the new things people come up with. I skim through each category of art and usually comment or like pieces that catch my eye, or give advice.
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
Art is something I'm passionate about and to help others here on CS in the art realm is something that I would love to do. There is a lot of art submitted every day that it can be a lot to handle. I want to join the force of oekaki moderators to help keep things running smoothly and neatly. Everyone's art needs to be respected, whether that be taking care of art theft or nasty comments about someone's work. I want to be on the front lines helping. The oekaki is where I found my love for digital art (and now that is my major!) so I want to give back to the art community here on CS and help keep the site clean and friendly for everyone.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I have used the oekaki for a long time and would be able to help newbies or anyone in need of some pointers on the program. Also I believe I would be able to be a calm moderator when problems arise a would be able to deal with things calmly and professionally. I am generally a nice person to those in need and to those who do wrong. Also, I have been around art here, on dA, and the web in general so I would be able to notice art theft or other possible problems. I know a lot about art and the oekaki which would be beneficial to the team.
Last edited by The Last Raven on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corviidae » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:09 pm

;A; I'm sorry for asking when it states this on the front page but I'm not too sure yet if it has been answered or if you're extremely hard on it. What if you're fifteen but you're turning sixteen in less than a month? Could you apply then or is it something we actually can't do? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ sarsaparilla・truffle・spider・ladybug ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Snowie wrote:;A; I'm sorry for asking when it states this on the front page but I'm not too sure yet if it has been answered or if you're extremely hard on it. What if you're fifteen but you're turning sixteen in less than a month? Could you apply then or is it something we actually can't do? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

You must be 16 years old at the time of applying, if I'm not mistaken. :)
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geotalon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:19 pm

What date did you register as a CS member? Nov 01, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying) 11,576 posts.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day!

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 6 hours and more.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? On CS, I have modded kiamaras and makoatls, both oekaki adopts. The list continues to grow as I am becoming a mod for a few other oekaki adopts. I just started in the other threads, so there isn't much to show.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes. I love to draw on oekaki, sometimes more than my other art programs. Some of the effects are real nice, so it attracts me.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, art is my passion and obsession. I personally love to browse the new adopts, sketches, and all of the talent that flows around. It can be very inspiring. I am in the oekaki corner far more than the rest of the site.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I am familiar with everything dealing with oekaki. I feel like I'd be a great oekaki Mod and if I ever got to help the site in anyway, it would be with the oekaki side of CS.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I spend more time there than I do the rest of the site, by browsing and making quite a few posts in the forums myself. I am very, very familiar with the categories and what goes where. I have a nice idea of good tips & tricks when working with oekaki. A few times the application has stopped working for me completely and I responded by teaching myself how to fix it. I've even helped my friends get theirs to work when it refused to work, so I find that skill to be very helpful if someone is having trouble. I'm also pretty good with communicating with people by being straight to the point, instead of rambling.
Last edited by geotalon on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geotalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blitz. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:20 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Everyday.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
At the very least, three hours a day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I help administrate for Jellybean Dragon Adopts, which is on oekaki. It can be found here.
I also help manage on the fansite, if that counts. It can be found here.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes! I've done most of my digital art here so far, since I find it the easiest program for me to use.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Absolutely.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I've been on CS for a few years, and it has honestly done so much for me, bringing me together with some of my most trusted and closest friends-- It's made some of my greatest and most cherished memories as well, being here. I don't know how I'd stay sane if I hadn't had come here, haha. I'd just love to give back to the site since it's given so much to me.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I am a un-biased, and very friendly person. I am really hard to make angry/annoyed/upset so I'd like to say I'm level-headed as well. I am good and talking with and getting more than one side of problems, and forming a logical/educated answer for them. I'm also very experienced with the CS oekaki program and forums, I've even had to fix a few issues I've had on my own regarding it. (Like freezing, glitch, etc.). Giving advice regarding the tools and using the program would be something I think I'd be pretty good at.

Thank you for the chance, and good luck choosing. c:
Last edited by Blitz. on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
[he/him]
Not active anymore. Just like editing my sig once a year lol
Sorry if you've been trying to contact me.
My Partner <3

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Blitz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inner Animal » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:29 pm

I joined on November 8th 2011, wow that's 3 whole years.

12,381 posts so far and counting.

Im on CS everyday Monday though Saturday.

During week days I'm on about 4:30 PM ish- 8:30pm with breaks between of course. On weekends it's a little spotty, I'm on and off.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    Nope, unfortunately CS is the only website that has a forum that I use.'

Yes plenty of times, I have many drawing I've started, but I've finished some too.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?

Yeah really often actually. When I'm not looking at RPs I look around at the art, Beginner, Editable and Advanced.

Ive always wanted to help out CS. But sometimes I get a tinny bit upset when people ask for their posts and drawing to be moved, but they don't. I just figure that they didn't see it or were a little too busy to. I also want to make sure to keep the Oekaki a fun place for everyone. My reason isn't as great as other people but I'm pretty sure I get the word out.
    [/size]
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
    Im not or haven't been a teacher like some people on here, but I'm able to explain things to people pretty easily. Sometimes people need very simple step by step instructions, and I'm someone who can provide those directions.
inner Animal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Snowie wrote:;A; I'm sorry for asking when it states this on the front page but I'm not too sure yet if it has been answered or if you're extremely hard on it. What if you're fifteen but you're turning sixteen in less than a month? Could you apply then or is it something we actually can't do? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

You must be exactly 16 or older at the time of applying.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmsprout » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:04 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?
    Dec 14, 2010
    How many posts have you made in the forum?
    Around 5, although I have access to CS throughout the day.
    No.
    Yes, and I still use Oekaki regularly.
    Yes, I browse Oekaki quite often.

I love drawing. It's my passion, and the oekaki program is simple, great, and easy to use; and I enjoy parcipating in it. I have enjoyed handling Oekaki and moderating a few adoptable species over the past few years, and I'd like to pass on what I know. To be able to help others to learn about and improve their art, and how to use Oekaki properly (e.g. learning how to reference correctly, no tracing, etc) is something I would like to do as a job here on CS.

I love the friendliness of the site, and how open it is to everyone is to all levels of art. I've had a wonderful time on Chickensmoothie, and I'd like the opportunity to be able to become more involved and help out more.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
    I've handled a few adoptable species such as Jellybean Dragons, so I have experience answering questions and helping users who don't understand; as well as dealing with problems and issues that need attention. I can remain unbiased, calm, and repeat answers to questions, because of my previous experience with adoptable species and my position as a tutor for struggling highschool kids.

I am relatively skilled with Oekaki, and I have had experience with the anatomy of the program, as well as most of the effects. As a result, I've made a few oekaki tutorials in the past.

Thank you for the opportunity!
Last edited by palmsprout on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faymutt95 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:57 pm

July 23, 2011, 12:33 PM.

Literally every day - From my laptop, to my phone, to at a friends house, etc.

More than half the day - Around 7+ hours. I am on the art forums most of the time - Either drawing or looking at others works.

Well, I have mini-modded a lot before, especially through PMs. I do it a lot to help others understand something better, or to warn them that something they have on their profiles/links/ect. is against the rules. And I have definitely done so on the art forums - That's usually my main place to "patrol". c:

Yes, many times before. I have a lot of experience with it due to my previous knowledge with digital art programs.

I browse it all the time in all sections, and love giving critiques & helping others get better with the Oekaki.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS // Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I have so much time on my hands, and I'd like to put that to good use by being a helping figure on CS.
I want to help others directly and indirectly by assisting those in need, whether it be an artistic issue, or a report on something that may be against the rules. I am a people person and am very good with solving any issue. I have been using the computer since I was young and have gained quite a bit of skills in both the artistic field and technical. I have been a "junior technician / problem solver" for most of my art / computer classes throughout middle/high school. I have taken about 4 - 5 years in both digital/traditional art/animation, and took 1 year of computer programming classes. I have been in many clubs for art, and a few pertaining to being a Peer Councillor for other students for about 3 years - Including STAR club, which is a strict military training club, so I can handle being yelled at, haha. I have also been a common figure to others who need someone to talk to, and from the vast different experiences I've been through, I can very well handle myself in a possible dramatic encounter with another member [or more] and stay calm. [Staying calm is my featured quality]. I am also good at explaining things well, especially to younger players.
I also browse other art sites such as deviantArt and could spot a possible art theft from CS.
Thank you for any consideration.
It would be a great pleasure to work as a CS Oekaki moderator as I will put my talents and time to good use. :)
Will reasonably overpay for this 2012 Summer Event dog

Faymutt95

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Berkshire » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Hah! I've been waiting for these to open up, this has been my dream position since a few months after I joined!

Mon Jan 31, 2011

Short visits every day, browse/post/trade on 5 or 6 days, depending on classes

2, sometimes even 5, added up. I spend a lot longer on weekends.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    My own adoptables, Kiamras, and most of all... JBDs. As a huge adoptable, the userbase can be extremely chaotic, I've had to break up fights, help create new rules, and judge fairly in contests. the forum is not super active, but the chat is constantly going. Users come to me often asking for help, and I am glad to assist. I am also very active taking questions on the JBD Ask (my answers are marked Shire) As a staff member for both Kiamaras and JBDs (former and current, respectively) I have had the unique and valuable experience of 1,000 things not to do. What worked and what didn't, and how to deal with fellow users' questions in a calm and fair manner.
    And... I don't know if it counts, but I frequently find and report problems. If, after reporting, heated discussions or bullying continues to be posted in the topic, and a moderator hasn't shown up yet, I will step in and encourage everyone to calm down and wait for a moderator. I do so in an unbiased and calm manner.

Yes. Oekaki has been my gateway into digital drawing. I love discovering and learning new tips and tricks and passing these things on to learning members.

Oh yes! Whenever I have time, I visit my favorite boards, editable oekaki and sketches. I spend almost all my time on CS looking and occasionally giving critique where I have something to offer.

Love the site so much, I want to contribute and help keep my favorite place neat and organized. Anything I can do to clean up and improve this place is my goal. Like when an amazing picture sits in beginners (silly artists, when will you learn?), and would love to do my part to set things right. I dislike art theft, misplaced oekaki, and fights in the comments. CS has done so much for me, I would love to have the opportunity to give back even more. It delights kids of all ages, and it's where the COPPAs and the big-shots hang out, it's where little kids look up to older ones and are inspired. I want to do my part to keep it safe and friendly for everyone.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
    I do have extensive oekaki experience.
    I experiment a little every time I draw, learning more about technique, style and (gulp) using references. I have experimented with every tool and become familiar with coding, so people aren't afraid to come to me with questions. I help them work through their problems with detailed steps, sometimes even pictures to point them in the right direction!

I have a lot of experience not only mediating between [JBD] users, but being one of them and seeing things from their point of view. People have commented that I am level-headed and kind, and that I don't let status go to my head. Sometimes I make a mistake, but I'm not afraid to admit it and set things right.

Splat

Splat

Splat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me