GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby June Bug » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:53 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 2, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 14,000+
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yup, definitely old enough. Some things do weird me out, but nothing's going to cause any lasting damage, haha. :]
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day. ^^; I'm no good with social networking or anything like that so CS is the first site I log onto every day and the only one to have a permanent tab. It's very rare for me to be so busy I can't log on.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least 3, more if I don't have class/work. I'm pretty busy on weekends, but Wed-Fri I have lots of free time so I'm on nearly half the day, haha.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I've mostly only done 'mini-modding' for threads on CS. I am one of the admins of my species' RP site, but activity has been pretty much non-existent lately and was never very heavy to begin with.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Simply put, I like having useful things to do and I like helping. x] I get bored easily and I feel that modding would be a useful way to use my time. I can focus very well on even menial tasks if I feel useful while doing them. My job is a good example of that. I can groom horses for hours on end while still enjoying every minute simply because I know they need it and I know my managers appreciate the effort (it's something extra I do outside of my paid work).
I'm pretty tired of being bored, and my confidence has never been at a healthier level. I used to have too little for a job like modding, but I'm comfortable in saying I can definitely handle it now. :] CS has been very important to me these past few years and I would love to give back to the community.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I dunno, in the past I know I've put stuff here, but I honestly can't say if I have any additional skills. All I can say is that I'd do my best, really. :P
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The wild one » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:10 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Friday, July 24, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 9072

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I'm old enough and willing to risk seeing adult content. It doesn't bother me.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I'm on just about everyday. Tuesdays are my busiest day, so I'm sometimes not on then. So I'll say about 6 days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I'm usually on for about 3+ hours. I don't often post, but I'm usually just lurking in the forums and such.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: N/A

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I'd like to be able to help people, younger players, new players, and just help settle issues going on within the forums or elsewhere. I've been on the site long enough to know where a lot of things are, and how things work [although trading is not usually my strong suit, so advice there will probably not be given :P]. I just like being able to help people out and keep the site clean and fun for those on it.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I don't really think I can bring anything new. I'm pretty calm when it comes to dealing with problems, or arguments, and I'm an older member of the site, so I know my way around pretty well.
-------------------------------------------------------
ImageKat | She/Her | Lesbian | Adult Player
-------------------------------------------------------
The wild one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yamanaka Shin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:15 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:42 pm (can't believe it's been 4 years, wow)
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 22,0005
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Considering the marker that's coming up in May, yes I am plenty old enough. And very well willing to risk viewing adult content. That is no trouble for me at all.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I try to spend at least 5 hours daily, more when I am not working
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No, I have not
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I've applied in years before and cannot recall what I wrote, so here goes a new text wall. CS has been a part of my life since I was still a minor and I have spent the past 4 years on this site, having it become a huge part of my life. I recall back when it was much smaller in member-count and there were less mods, including the ex-International Board ones. Times change, the site grows, new staffers are added, and I learn so much about the community. It is not as relaxed as it used to be but it is still a wonderful place. But it does need help since it's grown so huge and the mods need to keep up with their own lives. I want to assist the current mods with their duties, as well as help the wonderful community with their problems, to keep CS running smooth. It's been quite the 4 year ride and I REALLY don't wanna say goodbye to this place yet. Especially if I can become a staffer and help to keep making this site welcoming and fun and efficient. There's so much for mods to sort through on here, it's crazy. And I am very up to the challenge, welcoming it readily. Anything to make CS into an even awesomer website. And if it helps the staff reputation for me to be a mod and clean up the site, I AM ALL FOR THAT. So all in all...it would be quite an honor and a fun challenge, Thank you.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Unfortunately I have none
Yamanaka Shin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Chowder_ » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:17 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) 10-10-10
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 3900
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) Yep!~
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day! Including weekends
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I'd say, roughly, 4...througout the day while I'm at work I'm on for about 2 hours, then when I get home I'm usually on for another 2-3 hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. No, I haven't. Sorry.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to make a difference. I want to help with the "peace" aspect on this site. Browsing the threads, I see a lot of angst against one another and it seems that people are becoming less and less helpful to each other. I'd like to help in that department. I will happily answer any questions and concerns anyone has at anytime : ) I like helping others :)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I used to be a camp counselor a while back. A lot of the skills that I learned from that job will definitely carry over to this : )
_Chowder_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby change; » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:18 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined Chicken Smoothie on the 2nd of May, in 2010.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
I have made 3164 post in the forums, previous to now.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
I am indeed old enough to accept the responsibility of being a global moderator, and have no problem with the possibility of seeing something if adult content. Someone has to make sure it isn't going to be seen by other members of the site, and if it is in the job description, I do not mind screening things that would be deemed inappropriate.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I am online very often, and maybe even, too often. I am online every day of the week, considering I always have access to WiFi and a way of getting on the internet. I have signed on single day within the past year maybe, even if it was just to pop in to check and see what is going on.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Weekdays I spend approximately three to five hours per day, and these are not the hours that accumulate during the day, they are hours that I sit straight on the computer. Weekends I spend most of my time on here, this can range from ten to even fifteen hours, on both Saturday and Sunday. I have multiple ways of getting on, and take advantage of them all.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have not moderated on other forums before, mostly because I do not go on any other websites other than CS besides Google, or Facebook.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Chicken Smoothie has been one of my most visited websites for such a long time, it would be great to be apart of a team that I have
admired for so long. This site, and its members, have supplied me with so many things, friends, information, art, and an overall way to spend my time. Being a moderator for CS would allow me to give back to the wonderful community and show my appreciation of the opportunities and experiences that Chicken Smoothie has given me. When I had first joined, it was the family-friendliest that kept me around. I enjoyed that I could safely click on threads, without worrying that I'd shy away or feel uncomfortable. I also enjoy accepting responsibilities, knowing that I can be of help to anyone that I can.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I'd like to say that I am very open-minded and unbiased. I always attempt to listen to all voices involved and remain neutral. I certainly think before I react, because anything can be taken the wrong way without careful attention. I am a very patient person, and take my time to explain and communicate with others. I can explain rules multiple times, without becoming bored or impatient with another. I think my personality is very charismatic and I get along very well with people. I have worked with young children, mentoring and tutoring, for around 4 years. In fact, I have just started doing this again because I enjoyed it so much. Though I have never hosted my own website with a roleplaying forum on it, I think I have the abilities to show people the right and wrong things to do, and the aspiration to keep Chicken Smoothie's forums running smoothly. I also speak, write, and read Spanish very fluently.

═══════════════
if you think you can,
then you can.
═══════════════

change;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Oct 11th,2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3108- ( yes i know.. sad :p)
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am willing to take the risk :>
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday almost 15 hours a day online. Day and wee morning ours ;>
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Look back to previous question as stated 15 hours at most.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No but I do have my own art shop I check regularly here X
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: Well, Seeing as I have been a very active member on CS for a long long time and have always had a passion to excel on this site. I always want to see and be a person to show improvement and passion for CS as much as I can. I am friendly hard working and dont tend to slack off when it comes to the law of things ( only on art..because... im lazy with that). I have a bit of a temper but I know if i cant deal with a pestering... complaint from a user I know to seek help from fellow mods or people I know cant handle it better then I can. I am of age to see content over the age of 18 and know the rules of this site fairly well. I try with my art to censor much of the anthro/ furry art to keeping it away from children under the age to see it keeping it within PM to allow it to be Privately show to those who request it OR tell the person to ask me off site such as DA . I do not tolerate ANY rule breaking on this site when it comes to my shop or anywhere. If someone is breaking a rule and non of the mods have come and found it I will PM the mod or PM the mods of the thread to deal with it properly. Again, I have never moderated before, But I work long side long time CS users in my shop such as Solanum and Sugarkitty who help me maintain and moderate my shop regularly to make sure that CS and my shop is always a great thread and place to be in. I only wish for the best for this site and wish to help improving Chickensmoothie for future joiners and future plans for the site.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position : English is second language in my house hold , I am german and speak it fluently.. If that helps in any way. I am also very good at cheering people up apparently so says many people on CS here. I am good at making sure people keep their cool when it comes to hot situations on the site with certain topics and helping people understand the rules of the site from time to time. On another note sorry forgot to add this I was a peer mentor and helper for the LGBT Community at my high school :>, I maintained balance and helped fellow peers understand things and what exactly LGBT and the community meant.

-Clu
Last edited by clu on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
clu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eren » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:47 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: August 18th, 2011; although I have found CS earlier but never registered.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1856

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) Of course, and I am willing to view mature content and clean it up.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit 7 days a week, unless I have an event planned.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually 5-7, unless something comes up. I'm never on less than 3 hours, its always 5+.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Yes, of course. I've moderated on a couple sites, actually. This site is called LunaHelpSite, the forum was for a virtual pet maker, you could contribute art to other users for use. Sadly, the forum isn't as active anymore due to the virtual pet maker closing down, but some regular member check in periodically. I have also been a moderator for 4 years on Peaworld, but not a lot of members check on it anymore, sadly. On CS, I have run many adoptable threads & agencies, my most successful being Chibbu. I have moderated for a few others too, but they are long gone.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I've been a member since 2011, and I was immediately in love with Chicken Smoothie. Ever since I have arrived, I've been making new friends & meeting an amazing community, and along the way I adequately learned how CS works and how it runs. Helping members and the CS community has always been something I loved, and being a global moderator would allow me to do so. I also would love to feel useful for the community- and give back to it. From the previous sites I have moderated for, I brought back a ton of experience dealing with some members and spam. I'd love to use this experience for ChickenSmoothie, an active and a very close community. I have been on CS for quite awhile and I would like to be able to learn and do more for this site. I'd love to make this place more child & family friendly by deleting spam/art theft/dealing with "ruder" members. I'd love to help enforce the rules on CS while still keeping my emotions, and I would love to help out answering questions/other concerns. I enjoying helping out people when they're not to sure what's what, I don't mind explaining things multiple times and I love the feeling when helping people. I try to help out as much as can on the forums and answer questions to the best of my knowledge. I would like to be a global moderator as it would bring on more opportunities to help people and to gain information on topics I may not have known about before. I am a very approachable person and I'm willing to solves any issues users have with the rules/topics on the forums. On a different note from moderating, I'm fairly good at pet ratings. I've been collecting a fair amount of pets from the past 2 and a half years, and I picked up quite a bit of knowledge. I'm not an expert, but I know most of their values and demand/rarities. To sum it all up, I would love to help CS grow and help clean up this amazing site in any way possible. Being a global moderator would be an amazing experience for myself and others, I believe it would help me achieve future milestones yet to come. Also, I've had severe health illnesses for quite awhile and CS has helped quite a bit, and I'd love to give back for everything the members and the site have done for me.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Computerwise, I am fluent in BBCode and HTML, and I am learning the basics of PHP. On CS, I am well at organizing events and threads. I used to run Chibbu, and it was well organized, neat, and pleasing to the eye. I am especially well with how the oekaki works and functions, I can help almost anybody that needs help with the program. I do enjoy helping others out, so most situations don't bother me, and I do my best to be unbiased when working out problems between others. I'm generally familiar with the art forums, especially when it comes to oekaki, and I believe I understand most of the tools, and where to direct others if I don't. I understand the basics of trade values as well, though my definition differs a tad bit from others. I can help almost anyone on the forum, and I can help people edit their profile/signature/avatar if they're having some trouble. In real life and social media, I used to be part of an anti-bully group at school, that helped victims of bullies, girls that deal with a lot of drama, and people with family issues, and I had some time helping the mentally and physically special at my school. I am always quite patient when we helped students, I am also specially well at giving lectures, debates, and speeches. Way back when, I also volunteered to work at an animal shelter, so I know quite a bit of animal health knowledge. In school, I joined a fair amount of clubs and groups, so I have picked up some experience there as well. I'm fluent in English as it is my mother language- and I am also learning Japanese and Tagalog, I have adequate knowledge for these two languages, and can say a few words and phrases. I took Spanish classes in junior high, although I'm not that great at it.

Thank you so much for this opportunity.
Last edited by eren on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
bye
eren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alina_Mau » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Nov 26, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum:

(That number kinda surprised me X3)

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

Things of an adult nature do not phase me and yes, I am of age to view such content to begin with.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

Everyday. :3

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

I can easily spend 6 - 8 hours online and on CS.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

http://chibidoll.com/
I have been a moderator on CPDD for almost 2 years now and I have also run my own phpbb forums before, though they were small and don't exist anymore. X3

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

I have been a part of the Chicken Smoothie community for many years. I've watched it grow and change and I've always been impressed with how situations have been handled and I would be proud to know that is associated with my (user)name. This is also one of the only sites I've always come back to; The creativity and fun nature of this site is something that I've always loved and always will. Having been on this site as long as I have, I know a great deal about the site itself and its history, which I feel would help me help others and even educate others. Any of the staff that I have had the chance to talk to I've always enjoyed, you're all a pack of sweeties! X3 I'd love the opportunity to give back even a fraction of what this site has given me through all the years and I would love knowing that the people I was working with and helping are people that I've always respected and admired. You've given me my best friend, you've given me the opportunity to learn the joys of giving to others, expecting nothing in return. You've inspired me to create when for so long I'd written myself off as a blank slate. This site of pixel animals has given me more joys then any other site I've been a part of and I honestly do mean that. ♥

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position Already having been a mod before, I am completely accustomed to dealing with squabbles in a polite, level headed, and responsible manner. I also have a rather "sweet" temperament, which allows me to easily get along with most people. I'm unbiased and I go out of my way to understand both sides of a situation, making sure that I'm as fair as possible.
Last edited by Alina_Mau on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pet's name: Saffron
Alina_Mau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dirtie » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 pm

APPLICATION

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
    August 31, 2010.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
    Yes.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Everyday. I rarely go a day without checking CS, to be honest.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    I always have CS open in a tab that I check now and again, and I can be active for several hours at a time.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before?
    Only small forums that do not exist anymore, so not really.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    I love CS, and I would love to help out in any way I could! I have lots of time to spend doing this, and I am certain that I would do a good job. I have been a member for almost 3 years now, and I feel ready to help out by moderating. I'm confident with responsibility and I feel excited to interact with all the different people on this site c:

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
    I am fluent in swedish. I am very good at understanding peoples opinions and see their side of things, and I often help people who are having trouble understanding each other see eye to eye. I am also very good at distancing myself and keeping calm and collected, even in heated arguments, so I rarely get angry. I'm able to keep professional even when having a bad day. I am a quick learner, and I have a lot of time on my hands.
Due to a series of
very unfortunate
events in my personal life,
I have been - and will continue
to be
- very inactive on CS
and other sites. I still adopt
new pets, keep my pet groups
fairly updated and
partake in events
as best I can;
but I'm not able to
maintain my artshops
or take commissions.
I wish to be back at full speed
some time in the future <3

~

»I got weight on my shoulders
and things on my mind
The sky is falling
and I'm fallin' behind«

- Beastie Boys
»»» Lineart shops: x x | Customs are currently CLOSED «««
Dirtie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Underworld-Princess » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:14 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Total posts:4555
I am quite mature, and I am used to dealing with adult matters in my real life, so I believe that I would be able to handle anything that I come in contact with on CS
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I was away for a while, I will not deny that, but now that all problems that caused my little, vacation, are gone and finished, I intend to come online every day, the way I used to.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
Generally speaking, I spend, and intend to spend, most of my free time online, on CS. I tend to have a lot of free time, at least 4 hours or so.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I have not, at least not officially, though I have helped others, and I know what the job entails.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
I would like to be a moderator because, to be honest, I am a bit of a stickler for rules. If I know of a rule that someone is not following, or is breaking in any ways, I tend to let them know, and since I am in no position to be telling them, they blow me off. I would like to be able to enforce the rules that I feel should be followed.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):
I am in fact fluent in Spanish, and well as I know at an intermediate level Serbian, Italian, French, and Japanese. I do have experience mediating people, and playing an unbiased third party in an argument to give advice. I have been in many therapy programs in my life, and I have picked up many things about mediation and such the like.
Underworld-Princess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me