General Helpers: (APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED)

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: General Helpers: Now hiring! (CLOSING SOON!!)

Postby sarcasteil » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 am. I do believe it is at least one and a half years?

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
2612, most of them are long posts, not single-letter ones.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Everyday. I usually use my laptop, but my phone can go on CS so I'm on often.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
At most will be three hours, though about one or two on my laptop. I can go on CS whenever I want on my phone, so you could say 4 if you add the little sessions up. I usually do a 15-minute session on my phone.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I speak Indonesian fluently, and there are my parents if I need to describe something to somebody. I know how the Oekaki works perfectly (I have been endlessly twiddling with the bits and bobs as long as I had Java installed :3). I love introducing new players, if they're happy then I'm happy. I continuously stalk the CS Suggestions and Problems board, answering any question that I have knowledge of. I can enforce rules if needed. I experiment a lot with BB Code, so I am relatively familiar with it. I can help out with trading value issues (as I have been scammed before, I know what to look out for). If I fight gets too out of control, even with me trying to break it up, I will let a moderator who is online at the moment know. I don't believe in threatening or anything alike, it makes no difference whatsoever (Trust me, that happens a lot in my life DX).

Why do you want to be a General Helper?
Just as I have mentioned before, a happy member makes me happy. I love helping out people, whether they are new or experienced. Lots of experienced players need a little help, and hopefully I am there to help and assist them in anyway I can. Even if that means repeating the same this thrice. If I get a question, I first look if there is any threads that have the information. If I do find it, I will inform the person all that they need to know. If I don't, I'll just ask a question in the appropriate thread. Then I'll inform the person who needs help as soon as I get the information.
time lord
wizard
hunter
sociopath
shadowhunter
demigod
divergent
avenger

goldfishkeeper
drawer
photographer
crafter
painter
musician
reader
badminton player

sarcasteil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Finaqua » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:21 am

Good luck to everyone! ;3
What date did you register as a CS member?
Sunday, July 24th, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)
Every day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?[/cor]
[color=#BF40FF]At least 6-8.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I don't like this part very much because I don't like to sound full of myself, but I can be a gentle or tough speaker, have studied Spanish, am very good at resolving situations, have a looong fuse (Temper-wise), I often see the bright side, I am not afraid to gently state my opinion but know when is not a good time and I am a very fast typer.
Helping is one of my favorite pastimes when I'm not at work, but I still have plenty of time for Chicken Smoothie! I thought it would be nice to help out, especially since I've had such a great time here I should return the favor!
The girl you just called fat?... She is overdosing on diet pills. The girl you just called ugly?... She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The boy you just tripped?... He is abused enough at home. That guy you just made fun of for crying?... His mother is dying. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying. I bet 95% of you won't re-post, but I'm sure the people with heart and backbone will. This is the signature of someone who has, more than once, attempted suicide as a result of being abused everywhere she went. Bullies murder. Don't stoop that low.

Somewhere, everywhere, there's pain where'er I go. I thought life couldn't get any worse but wait - I just hit a new low. Why do I have to hurt so much, why the need to cry? All the ways people treat me, I just want to die. What's the point of asking why, anymore? All people do is lie.

"I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing With a broken heart that's still beating." Broken by Lifehouse.
Image[/url]
Princess Finaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ya like jazz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:29 am

November 13, 2010

Every day, unless a personal event occurs. I can still get on at school, at work, etc.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I always have Chicken Smoothie open on another tab, but on the website itself, anywhere from 1 to 8 hours a day.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I can speak 6 languages (American Sign Language, English, Swedish, French, German, and Czech), and the first 4 are my most fluent. I took Anger Management classes all through 3rd and 4th grade, and was also credited for helping students with special needs. I also took (and passed) a 9 hour baby sitting class, if that has anything to show my patience. I don't recall having a Peer Mediation in my school, however.

It has been a dream of mine since I became eligible for applying. To be a certified helper on Chicken Smoothie sounds like such a reward, and it would definitely encourage me to be even more active on the forums. Helping other people has been something I do, In my personal opinion, really good. My mother is a certified substitute para-professional teacher to work with special needs children, and I am always willing to help her out in my free time. I also feel I am mature enough to handle situations, answer serious questions, and so on. This morning I was thinking about how well kept your forums are, I can't recall seeing any direct bullying on the forums, and if I have, one of the moderators/staff members has perfectly dealt with it, and I would always be more than happy to contribute to that. I have quite a bit of free time, during my 7 ½ hour school classes, I have 3 breaks, all adding up to over an hour. I would always be willing to check on here with my phone/iPod, so having school won't take away my time on Chicken Smoothie. Being a General Helper on CS would definitely be an accomplishment for me, and it would be amazing to take it off of my bucket list.

Thank you for this opportunity :3 Convenient, I live in the Central Time Zone !
╒══════════════════ ♡ ══════════════════╕
yeet
╘══════════════════ ♡ ══════════════════╛
ya like jazz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: General Helpers: Now hiring! Apply within!

Postby ~Faith~ » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:34 am

#1 HungerGames Lover wrote:1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Thursday Jan 19, 2012 9:16pm

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
I have posted 6427 posts in the forums. Plus many more!

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I'm on 7 days a week unless I have something to do either homework or i'm on holiday. Normally I will try to be on 7 days a week. I also will donate some of my time to help out even if it means staying up a bit later.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
It depends, weekdays I'll now be on about 2-4 hours now that school has started again and on weekends maybe at the least 5-7 hours at the most.

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum? Do you know how all the tools/options in the oekaki work?)
I can speak a little bit of French and alot of English. I'm quite good in trades and know if it's fair or not. I answer ALOT of questions from my friends like with oekaki not to long ago I helped a friend with the layers, lock alpha , and shading details. I know now after all the time playing here on CS how to work many things incoulding the trading system , and the oekaki + Many more things!
I also love to help out and I've changed a whole lot now that I'm older. I have more patience and I will wait for person to get the idea of what to do even if it means repeating it again , and again and again.

6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I want to be a General Helper because I love to help people learn new things there not to good at knowing how to do , like I did not to long ago , now I know so much I want to help out others with questions and try my best to help others. I know many things and don't mind reapeting things over and over and over again because it's helping out other users that don't get what others or saying or myself. At school my teacher always put me as helper in math if people were sick that day I would help them catch up on the work they missed out on and reapeted many thing to them over and over again so they would get it. Also I'm a very friendly person and have always wanted to help out with others. A few times here people have asked form y help and I always seem to anser then correctly because theyh seem to get it. I have helped many people with there lives here on CS and they seem to apprecate it even one member said "Thank you for your help!". So this is why I would love to become a member of the team and help others out through the toughness of learning about trading , oekaki and plenty more. I'll also donate alot of my time helping out others because , well I guess I'm a really helpful person. I'm easygoing and I don't mind reapeating things over , and oevr and over again , I'll just wait for the person or persons to get the idea of what I'm trying to help them with and then carry on with what I was doing before. I might not be on as much next month , for school is starting again and I will be having to do homework , I will be on for my regular hours wich all depends on how much homeowrk I get. If I don't get any I will be on CS in a heartbeat helping out the people who need help. I would really like to become a General Helper because it would be a honer to get this mark in the team helping out all the people here on the site that need it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and good luck to all the others trying out! :D

P.S
I know pretty much everything here on the site and what to do to help people. Even though I've been here only for a short time I know alot of stuff about the site :)

I have edited my form up a bit.
XXX

┏───────────────────────────┐
....Hello, ~Faith~ here.
....I'm your average young adult. I also love to draw, horseback ride and much more.
....Feel free to PM if you need help,
....I'm always willing to listen.
..~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
....∂єνιαитαят
....ωσι
....ωмεs/ωмє ¢нαℓℓєиgє

....Image
....ImageImage
....Take me as I come, or watch me as I go.
└───────────────────────────┛
~Faith~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby painted.wolf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:34 am

Tuesday August 2, 2011 6:00pm.
About everyday. If I go some where that doesn't have wi-fi I will say so in my siggy or I might tell a postion higher {If I do get the 'job' <3} If I do leave my computer or something like that I can access CS Via my phone.
I could ball park around 18 hours, sometimes less. I spend every minute I can on CS/ my computer, but I am going back to school though so that will most likely decrease. ^^
I think I know a fair amount and maybe a little more about trading {A lot more then I used to} I use the rarity guide when ever I am able to look at it and check things. I know most of the Oekaki tools { even though my art can clearly state I am not skilled at all in computer art xD } I think I know a lot about BB coding and Html, I could answer questions if users have any or tell them how to set up pictures, signatures, and what ever they may need help with. I work well with people if a fight may ever brake out or there comes an issue with a user I will try and bring it to a close or end it as quickly and quietly as I can, not really wanting to stir up commotion in the forums or users. I believe I can work well under pressure and I try my hardest at something that i'm passonate about. I'm not afraid to state my opinion but do know when to let out a breath and keep it inside my head.
I love the feel of helping other people and showing my gratitude, I always think that if people put their differences aside we could work almost like a 'family' if you will. I'd love to show my happiness to others and spred the love, I love Chicken Smoothie and would always like to help out in some way shape or form because I know how hard it maybe to manage and keep alive a website. I would always want to be a part or try and put my own effort into helping the site or other users <3 Again I would just love to be a certified member of the site but do understand that you can't pick everyone. :3 Thank you for the opportunity to let everyone apply and even open up a small 'job'. <33 c:
~Painted
painted.wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:57 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:14 pm
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
7 days a week
4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
10-19 hours
5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required):

I speak slight Japanese and minimal Hungarian. I've been working on learning various languages as well, so I'm always open to new ones. I also have had experience in helping younger members of CS already and real life children when they were in a particular spot of trouble. I would not say I'm an expert at helping, because I believe there is always room to learn.Although I generally answers questions when they arise among whatever forum I happen to be on. Of course, I also know how the oekaki works. I spend most of my time there. ^_^
I've also worked in real life with younger children from the grades preschool, to 9th grade. I'm a bit of a computer/book nerd, so I generally can solve simple problems like a glitch, or something goes missing. I've also been around for, what, five years? I've took that time to familiarize myself with the layout of CS, and not just romp around.
6. Why do you want to be a General Helper?:
Well, I've been here for a while, much longer than December '08, and I've really admired the work and help you guys do to provide for the members of CS. I would love if I could join in on the help. I remember when I first joined, how everyone was so kind and willing to lend out a hand. I want to be able to repay you guys by doing the same for new members today. Also, I've put in a few emails before asking for a position on the CS workforce, and I think being a General Helper will be both a great learning experience for me, and a potential aid for CS. I would love nothing more than to just help CS flourish.

I hope you consider my form.
Last edited by Shiko Hayashi on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cougargirl25 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:10 am

APPLICATION

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) December 18, 2011
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 300 and more to come
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? everyday
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? around 7-9 hours
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum? Do you know how all the tools/options in the oekaki work?) i know how to speak some spanish, a consider myself a trade value expert, yes i answer questions in forums, i know how to work oekaki
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper? I would like to be a general helper because i think it would be a good experience and learning more of how cs works because there are probably some things i didnt know and i think i would be good at this because i am almost always online and i think that i could really help people so thank you for your time and i hope you choose my application :)
Hi my sister is cougargirl45 and i give her pets some times so please dont ban us because we each have our own accounts
Image Image
cougargirl25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crazy-in-wonderland » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:22 am

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:09 pm
I mostly visit around 7 days a week but sometimes i cant but that is very rare or if i go on holidays, but i try to go on my phone then.
i spend about 3/4 hours a day when it's a school day and i spend about 4/6 and on weekends
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
Well I try to help out alot, also i speak French,Spanish (not as well as french but i can a bit) and I also speak Irish. I already help members out so there isnt really a difference but i would be nice if more people asked me for help which is why i'm applying.Also I do consider yourself a trade-value expert. I do sometimes answer questions in the forum.
well i love helping people find there way around the site. mostly i help people get confortable and try and give them a few pets to get started, I also help them understand the forums and how to roleplay and make auctions and that sort of stuff.Even if i dont get this job i will still be helping out the new and old members if they need my help in anyway. If i can't help them with a problem i would tell them to go to the help system. Thank you for letting me apply.
Last edited by crazy-in-wonderland on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
xx

xx

══════════════════
╒═ ⋇ ══════╕
╘══════ ⋇ ═╛
═══════════════════╕

- Call me wonderland or wonder
- College student
- Female
- love to rp, semi lit mostly
╒══════════════════╛

─────────⊰ © ⊱─────────
Current tv shows; -Game of thrones
- Supernatural
- Midnight Texas
- Victoria

'

crazy-in-wonderland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:24 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
I registered on May 30th, 2011. So I have been on chicken smoothie for almost 15 months! - and hopefully for much longer too!

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
I have made 1792 posts and counting!

I am usually on every day of the week and enjoy every day on CS!

From as little as 2 hours to 5 hours. {Slightly addicted!} - and I can get on during school breaks too because of my phone, and I most likely will!

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum? Do you know how all the tools/options in the oekaki work?)
I speak a bit German, I don't have excellent German but a grasp of what they are saying! I consider myself to have good empathy and a good ability to see a situation from both all sides, so I can evaluate a situation well enough to settle arguments fairly. I understand the tools and options of oekaki. I consider myself to be friendly and helpful. I understand the rarities loosely; but I am honestly no expert. I don't tend to trade though. But if you do take me on I'd be very willing to learn the rarities. I also am very eager to learn any skills you wish me to learn or anything you need me to do! - I'm pretty flexible! I tend to have very good grammar and spelling; but nobody is perfect, I do always try my utmost to have good grammar and spelling though! I also have a very good patience and am willing to answer questions or explain something over and over and over and over again!

I have experience in positions similar to this on other sites; such as Global moderator and I enjoy it so much, I just love the warm feeling I get from helping others! I would love to be a general helper because I love helping people and I love working with others, especially to create a happier, child-friendly environment for everyone - I especially like getting to know others which I think would be useful for this particular position. I'm not afraid to stop people from arguing or to comfort them when they are feeling sad or down. I can work well in situations which need to be acted under quickly. It's kind of been a dream mine to work for CS since I joined here! I definitely think I am very familiar with CS and as mentioned before, I have good empathy and am very friendly; I will always try to help to the best of my ability! - It would be a nice feeling to return the favor to the moderators and CSmoothians who have helped me! I want to stop people who want to scam newbies for their pets and to stop people who make extra accounts because they're greedy. It's just unfair and people deserve a place to be comfortable and not feel like others are being mean to them!

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity! - I am just over joyed to be at least considered! c:
Last edited by lesbian on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frost Feather » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Tuesday November 02 2010 9.21 am
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Usually every day, unless I'm on vacation/holiday or busy with school which isn't really that often
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Well it depends on what day it is, weekends I have lots of time so I could spend from 2 hours to almost all day, whereas on week days after school from one to 5 hours, mostly being about 2 hours, maybe 1 and a half.
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I speak another language, Polish, although I may have trouble with a few words and spellings I should be fine. I have been a moderator on a site before, it was long ago, the site had to be shut down about a year or two ago, so that means I have lots of free time for CS.
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
Well I like helping people, I would never say no if someone needed help. Also I'm from the UK which means, I'm on when its night in the USA, there are quite some members on at that time as well, but I hardly ever see general helpers or any staff memebers on at those times, so in my opinion that is quite useful. Just so theres someone out there to help while the other staff are having a rest. Sometimes when I'm on CS I have nothing to do, so I just randomly click buttons, now that isn' very useful, right? So I could spend my time trying to help others instead of going around, not exactly knowing what I'm doing. I am a very calm person, always glad to help, I won't get angered in repeating myself again and again, which would happen. I also have many pets that I don't need, so I could start giving them out to newbies, even if I don't get the job I might start doing that soon.
Image Image Image

Frost Feather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me