General Helpers: (APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED)

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: General Helpers: Now hiring! (CLOSING SOON!!)

Postby Jones. » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:53 am

1: What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined on: Wednesday, 13th October, 2010 at 4:34pm.

How many posts have you made in the forum
I've made 8096 posts in the CS forums.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Im usually online everyday, unless something big comes up which isn't likely at the moment.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Roughly about 4-6 hours a day. I ride and look after my horse first in the morning then get back home before my mum leaves for work. I then stay online until she comes home which is from 9am to 3pm. On the weekends it might be less since I might be busy on trekks, at the moment im on summer holidays so I will be on a lot more.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Well, English is my main language but I know the basics of Spanish and a small amount of French, but im currently teaching myself Swedish. I also know what most of the oekaki tools do and im ok at coding. I know where to change your profile, where things should be in the forums and im ok at trading. I know whats fair and whats not fair, if your pet is worth more or if your just overpaying. Its hard to annoy me and im very controlled in situations where a player is being rude or annoying. I dont mind being asked the same question over and over because it still means im helping no matter what.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I would like to be a General Helper because I have been on cs for almost two years now and I have been enjoying every minute of it. I would like to help other people to understand the site so they can enjoy it as much as me.
Jones.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby llamadelrey » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:14 am

My computer was being crazy last night, so, I think it deleted my post I'd edit, so I am going to do this again.

What date did you register as a chicken smoothie member?

I joined December 16,2011. Tommorow will bark eight months. I know you said not to apply if we are less than eight months, but I am less than twenty four hours away from being eight months.

How many posts have you made in the forum?

951 posts!

How many days a week do you usually visit chicken smoothie?

almost every day. On Wednesdays I get a ton of homework, like today, so I am not on as much then.

WIP
llamadelrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:14 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
I joined the forums on September 28, 2008. I found Chicken Smoothie and adopted my first pet on August 6. proof

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Not counting this post, 1059.

At the moment, I visit CS every day. That might change next month, when school starts. XD;

At the moment, I hop on and off frequently over the span of 14 hours. My total CS time is probably something around three or four hours. (There are three other places I spend a lot of time on, so xDD)
Once school starts, I don't know how much time I'll spend on here. Probably maybe one or two hours? I don't know...

I have had three years of peer mediation training. Unfortunately (or fortunately) there were no conflicts to mediate in either of my schools. :lol: so I don't have real experience.
Although I was on a forced hiatus for over a year, I have been reading up on what I missed (and just about finished). As a 2008 member, I'd like to think that I know a lot about CS's history :lol:
I can also quickly find most pets in the archive, even if only a picture is given and no month/year/etc is given ^^ so I can answer people's questions about "what pet is this?" (if they weren't already answered correctly xDD)
I am very interested in doing stuff with computers when I grow up, and at the moment I'd like to say I know quite a bit about various technical stuff. -coughs that was vague- in real life, my classmates and my mom often call on me for help when technology decides to troll them xD
I know a lot about English grammar (my English teacher this past school year was awesome!) so if anyone wanted me to proofread their stuff, I'd be happy to xD

Hm... I suppose I just want to feel more helpful :lol: I know I can be helpful as a regular member, but I don't really go to the Help forum that much (if at all) because seeing the very, very long list of topics on the first page overwhelms me a bit, so that's why ^^;
Last edited by nickjr on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emotionless » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:17 am

Question One~
What date did you register as a CS member?
I registered on Friday,November 18th,2011 at 9:37 AM

Question Two~
How many posts have you made in the forum?

Question Three~
7 days

Question Four~
Usually at least 3-4 when I go to school,and at least 6 during breaks/weekends

Question Five~
I can speak Spanish fairly fluently,and I know how to guide users though Oekaki with words. I know the rarities pretty well. I have also moderators many sites (most of which are now closed) and I have two of my own websites. I also run many arts hops on here,and I made a guide just for creating good art shops. I also moderate many art shops,or work as an artist. I have an autistic brother,so often times,I have to help calm him down. This is helpful for the users that might be,"OMC HOW DO I DO THIS?!" or something like that.

Question Six~
I really think I have a lot of experience in this area. I would love to help all sorts of users, and I am very friendly and patient. I also love to get PMs (I don't know why) and make friends pretty easily.
Image My dreamy!

Current Mood-Very busy! I have 3 volleyball game this week,and my town's fesitival is this weekend. I will only be on a little bit Saturday! OMS my little sister might join CS! Please welcome her if she does come to CS!
Ask me anything!

Image Image Image Image
Emotionless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chlo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:32 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:56 am
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
This is my 706th post.
Pretty much everyday of the week. I occasionally check CS on my mobile to check pm's if I cannot get to the computer.
Six hours+
I am taking a French class in my school, and I took it last year, so I speak a little bit of French, but I am open to using a translator if needed.
I have also been studying trades and rarities on here, so I do consider my-self as a trade-value expert.
I love the oekaki here, I use it very often. I know all of the tools and I'm open to helping others if they have any problems with it.
I remember when I was new here, it was quite confusing at first. I didn't understand much, and looking back, I got scammed in a couple trades. But, then I got help from people who were on CS for a much longer time then me. I learned the basics of trading, the oekaki, the forum, and everything. I want to be someone who can also help newbie's get on there feet, because I know that it is harder at first.
Even though I don't have a colored name yet, I enjoy helping the newbies, like sending them pets and etc. ^^
Chlo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pinkedalink » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am

APPLICATION

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: I registered on June 21st, 2010 at 2:02 PM.
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): I have made 12623 posts in the forum, not counting this one.
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I usually visit CS 7 days a week.
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2 1/2 is the minimum with the average around 5 hours, 9 hours is the maximum unless it's a holiday.
  5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I am skilled at how the Oekaki works due to endless fiddling with it and finding out how it operates. I know quite well how all the trading values and rarities/demands; something that would be of use to someone who is confused. I know how to use BB Coding and basic Html and can show other users how to set up their posts and signatures to the way they want.
  6. Why do you want to be a General Helper? I would like to be a general helper for the simple reason I like helping people. I remember what it was like to be confused and lost and how great it was to be helped when I was in need. I want to be able to do something to show my appreciation of the General Helpers and other staff on here by helping to hopefully lessen the load and answer other users' questions in a friendly One on One manner. It would be fun to be able to help out the Chickensmoothieians and do so in a way that they wouldn't need to be afraid of trusting because I was a GH.
Last edited by Pinkedalink on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

My dA--I take Commissions/Requests/Trades
Pinkedalink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibuki » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:00 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sat Oct 24, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6351
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? all seven, even during school. I'm very active, and I usually take my laptop on vacation with me.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Summer days, I'm usually on from when I wake up until I go to bed, only taking breaks for lunch and dinner, and occasionally I have things to do. But I usually spend all the time on the computer. During school hours, I don't have as much time, BUT I spend all the time I can on CS. When I come home from school, I get on CS, then I do homework and eat dinner until I go to bed, which is 9:45. So in school days, about 4-5 hours.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I know a LOT about the oekaki and the tools. I also know a lot about the forums, and I speak BASIC spanish and my mom majored in spanish. I experienced different cultures outside the US, and have been in harder situations, such as an impoverished area of Peru, so I can relate to different situations. I know a bit about rarities and know how to start a good art shop or adoptable species.
Why do you want to be a General Helper? I want to be able to help people! Sometimes I feel bad for the new members on CS, not knowing anything about the forums or rarities. I just want to help them! It's more fun to know what you are doing on this site. I really wish it was easy to understand CS, and we all need someone to help them out! Some users just need to know what they are going to be in for, which is a world of fun. I was a bit reluctant to start out, worrying about trivial stuff, such as why I wanted to do this, but I realized. I want to help people. I hope I sound sincere, as I am, because some people are only applying to get a colored name. But again, I want to help people, and like knowing that I'm not applying just to get Wolf Blood Song in pink

thank you for this option, and I know it's a bit late >u<
Last edited by shibuki on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
(★╹▽╹)/ bec | they/them | lesbian | ISFP \(╹▽╹★)

☆ today's a great day for sun, smiling, and supporting girls who like girls ☆

characters | artshop

shibuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:05 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: August 17, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 374
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? At least five. :3
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Ohhhh.... I can spend literally all day, so I'd say 3 or more hours :3
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum? Do you know how all the tools/options in the oekaki work?) I know how Oekaki works, I am very comforting, as people say on CS who I've chatted with. I sometimes answer peoples questions already on the forums, and they always are so glad I answered. :3
Why do you want to be a General Helper? I've been on CS for about four years now, and I want to help people who need their questions answered. I love CS and thrive on making people feel all good inside, plus I can meet new friends and help new people here have fun just like I've had for four years here! :3

Thanks for a chance to help users have fun here by answering their questions! :3

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:06 am

Well, this may be cool so I am applying. Good luck to everyone! :D

What date did you register as a CS member?: Mon Apr 18, 2011.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1754 posts.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I usually get on every day. If I am not on a certain day it is either because my mom has to work or my family and I are out of the house(I do not own a cell phone or any devise to get on CS other than the computer).

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I am usually on for 3 hours or more.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I am good with the Oekaki. I know what most of the tools do. I have been using Oekaki for about a year now and if anyone would have questions on what some tools do I would be happy to answer. If I do not know what a certain tool does I will experiment on what it does. :)

Why do you want to be a General Helper? I like helping people and I think it would be a good experience for me to help people regularly since I am a shy person. I would love to be able to help those in need of an answer. If I did not have the answer to a problem I would direct them to the help system. I know what it feels to be new and not have people there to help so I would love to help anyone here on CS.
Last edited by Artwork-Is-Key on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

DEVIANTARTARTFIGHTTOYHOUSE
FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

▪ DISCORD: artworkiskey ▪
ImageImageImage

My UMA: Rafficorns!

I am known as Artwork-Is-Key and Keyoto-TheFox (With and without dashes). Most of the time, unless otherwise said, both names mean me. :3
Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby isong » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:11 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: wednesday october 27th, 2010, 10:07 am
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3027
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? every day
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? atleast 6 or 8 times a day
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum? Do you know how all the tools/options in the oekaki work?) I speak french, i know how to set up trade settings and i know how to work with other people and can handle fights and breaking of rules in a calm but serious way, i know how to start a successful rp and also speak some japanese.
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?:where to start? i love chicken smoothie and have been a member for 2 years and have always wanted to be a helper of some sort because this is a great site and i have gained alot of experience on chicken smoothie and i find the togetherness of all the members on this site really amazing because all of us are different and some members are from different countries or speak different languages but one thing we all have in common is we all love animals and i would love to be even more part of that and help out with everything i possibly can :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

So this is what you meant
    When you said that you were spent?
    And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit right to the top
    Don't hold back
    Packing my bags and giving the Academy a rain check

It's time to begin, isn't it?
I get a little bit bigger but then I'll admit
I'm just the same as I was
Now don't you understand?
I'm never changing who I am

Current Obsession: Hunger Games, and The Perks of being a Wallflower