General Helper Applications - now closed. Pending selection

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: General Helper Applications - closing soon!

Postby All Might » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:14 pm

I don't think my question was ever answered...

Would an 08 user have a larger chance just because of how long they have been on the site, or is it mostly based on, how well the form itself is filled out, as a whole?

~Mints

┍━━━━━━━┑
    'it's you'
    If only I could stay
    delicate as the new day ;
    adult / she / artist
    seeking blue sorb
    credit

┕━━━━━━━┙

Image Image Image Image

All Might

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BFF » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: SEPTEMBER 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): I DON'T KNOW QUITE A LOT

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2 HOURS OR MORE

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I LOVE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS WHEN PEOPLE PM ME

Why do you want to be a General Helper? it would be an amazing experience and just cause i love CS!I BOOKMARKED CS ON MY FAVORITE GAMES SO THATS HOW MUCH I LOVE IT.
I AM STARTING A NEW ACCOUNT AND I WILL TRADE SOME OF MY PETS TO THAT ACCOUNT. THE REST CAN GO TO THE POUND. THAT ACCOUNT IS CALLED HHS_JOSH11.
BFF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ricorn » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Mintey8 wrote:
I don't think my question was ever answered...

Would an 08 user have a larger chance just because of how long they have been on the site, or is it mostly based on, how well the form itself is filled out, as a whole?

~Mints

Everyone has an equal chance.

Image Image Image Image
Clowns to the left of me.
Jokers to the right.
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Image Image Image Image

Tumblr || Flight Rising
Ricorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qittenpie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:23 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
December 9th, 2008. (Although I didn't really start playing until about a month later, I think.)

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
2237. Not a ton, but not less than 300.

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Seven days a week if homework and family allows, which is usual.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
A good hour to hour and a half, minimum. On days when I have nothing else, I pretty much always have CS open in a tab, if only to keep up reading various threads. I'd say maybe three hours, average? That is probably on the low side.

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Compared to a lot of others, my language resume is not impressive. I speak English fluently, and I'm learning French. Between my elementry school education and a dictionary, I can navigate Spanish pretty well. I used have a decent grasp of the trade values, but I will admit that I've let myself slide recently. My knowledge shouldn't be hard to update, however. I have served as both mod and admin on other forums and games, for no discernable reason. (I'm assuming it's a compliment to my people skills. I usually chalk it up to charisma and a tough-former-admin mentality.)

6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
That is a good question. I am mostly applying to just give it a shot, because if I never apply for anything I will never have a chance experience new things. I enjoy it when I am able to answer questions and solve problems. I am rather passive-aggressive when it comes to people annoying me, but I've been on the internet long enough that I know how to keep myself in check and moderate my own actions. I used to frequent the CS Suggestions and Problems forum, just lurking and occasionally posting if I caught it in time, just for the small satisfaction of actually being able to help. I realize that it's just a visibility change, a shedding of my disguise if you will, that would enable people to see that I want to help them. And, to be honest, I sort of miss being able to do something. Currently the most I can do is press that report button and maybe PM the person if I feel it is a petty offense. I feel that if I became a General Helper, more people might actually listen to my (somewhat dry) advice.
ImageImage

and the universe said I love you
and the universe said you have played the game well
and the universe said everything you need is within you
and the universe said you are stronger than you know
and the universe said you are the daylight
and the universe said you are the night
and the universe said the darkness you fight is within you
and the universe said the light you seek is within you
and the universe said you are not alone

qittenpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chapter.Eleven » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:57 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 8th, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 618 (Not a lot >< but more than 300.)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Um, I visit 7 days a week, but there's a few days where i can't visit, due to other problems.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Oh god.. I spend about.. hm, at least 5 hours a day. (I have no life other than the internet ><)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?) Well, I'm usually really good about checking things daily (Such as certain forum threads, my pets, etc.), I know my rarities pretty well (Though a while back I didn't, and I seriously regret that, and when I'm tired I tend to accept some really stupid trades o-o), And I'm usually a very calm person when it comes to actually talking to other people. Especially online, even if I'm angry I can deal with it and help someone out if I needed to. And i've helped around other sites (Not as big as CS, but still)
Why do you want to be a General Helper? Well, I'd like to help out, and I need something other to do rather than just checking my pets and forum threads on CS o-o
And if you feel like you don't have one person out there that cares about you then congratulations, let me tell you you're wrong! 'Cause I care about you!
-SlyFoxHound

If you're too scared to begin creating things, then you are doomed to never create anything, because you never even tried.
-KickThePJ

I can't promise I'll never leave you. No one can promise that.
-Cecil Palmer
Chapter.Eleven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Applications closing in a couple of hours, once the thread gets locked we will not be accepting any late applications so apply now or forever hold your peace
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iomedae » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:35 pm

I have a quick question... I edited my form to add a few things. Is that okay? If not I'll edit it back. ^^;
damien
he/him
back at it again!
iomedae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brian emo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:40 pm

.axolotl. wrote:
I have a quick question... I edited my form to add a few things. Is that okay? If not I'll edit it back. ^^;

I'm sure it's fine, lots of people have edited theirs already, myself included~ c;
brian emo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transmute » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: September 30'th 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum?: 670, I know its nothing compared to others, I didnt start posting on the forums till 1-2 months ago.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Uhm... Every day! This sight is so awesome. :3
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Im a geek, maybe 2 at the minimum, to 9 at the max, depending if Im busy that day or not.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I usually help my friends and roleplaying buddies if the have any questions. I also have lots of patience. Well... In real life I dont, I get all hyper and spaz out, but once I get on the computer, the only thing that goes hyper is my hands and fingers. I didnt have any issues in the past as to me being mean to others, just others being mean to me.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I just have an impulse to help, and if people see Im a helper by the color of my name, they can ask me questions so I can help/answer them! 'Tis my duty. Even if I dont become a general helper, I'll keep helping people.
.Fire Flight.

Flight Rising Alerts:
Taking ping requests for
[White/Rose-Seafoam/White]
imperials. Guaranteed triple gened,
male has iridescent, shimmer and
gembond. Female has tiger, shimmer
and gembond.
Transmute

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crayola. » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:15 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 7th, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 400

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Around every day, except for some reasons.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2 hours or more i try to get as much time in as i can.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?) Well, i can speak chinese, english and a little spanish. ( i don't know if the chinese will help though.) I know my trades and values pretty well because i always have a tab open to the rare's list guide. Im trying to remember the list so it would be easier helping someone if they didn't know their rarities well or just helping myself when i'm running a auction to judge the bids. I check to help people for time to time, but most of their questions are already answered.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I want to be a general helper because i think that helping people on CS gets them a better chance to have fun on CS instead of being stuck with a question with out someone to help you answer it. I have never been a mod before, but it doesn't hurt not to try. I aim to help people with their questions or problems on CS. I know i haven't been here long but i'm still leaning new things on CS. I always respect other peoples opinions and give other people a chance to speak. I really love CS and i've never seen such a cool website before and all the pets just amaze me. It would be really awesome if i could help out as a General Helper mod. :)
Crayola.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me