General Helper Applications - now closed. Pending selection

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: General Helper Applications - closing soon!

Postby berd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:54 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?
    I joined November 11, 2008
2. How many posts have you made in the forum?
3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Around seven days a week; even if for just an hour or so.
4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Usually it can go up to 5 or s6 hours; although on weekends from 10:00 in the morning to possibly 6 or 7 o'clock at night.
5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
    I speak fluent spanish [in a few different dialects] and sharpen my language skills in classes I take. I am also an expert in seeing the middle solution; so that both sides of a problem or question can be answered. I also elaborate when clarifying a question or situation, so that there is limited confusion to the user or player I am answering/assisting.
6. Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert?
    I am very fair when it comes to trades; if I feel that I may be getting less or more than I should I either edit the trade with something on my wishlist that they have, or I cancel. I actively trade at least once or twice a day, and I've posted several times on the 'Is This a Fair Trade Thread'; whether or not I'm asking or delivering help depends on the trade I receive. I also understand the concentration of certain pets and clearly know which pets are more sought after than others. If I ever receive a trade I also think about whether or not the pets I am receiving are worth the wait for rarity and if the pets I am delivering are going to be worth the same. I am a stickler for rules; seeming as I have only five I enforce them even more now that what I expect in the least is for a user to glance over them.

7. Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
    If the question is understandable I will answer with the solution I find most likable by different users. If the question I see is confusing or I simply don't know the answer, I won't give false knowledge, but I will instead leave the thread and not post at all. I'd rather post stating I don't know the answer, rather than seem like I know the solution and give out fake/incorrect information.
8. Why do you want to be a General Helper?
    I enjoy helping new users and contributing to a better Chicken Smoothie forum. I've also always respected the rules of this wesbite and it's forum; to the point of enforcing them on my own threads and on other threads I moderate. I have been a helper on many threads for quite some time, and I genuinely love knowing that I'm shaping the future users of Chicken Smoothie's forums. Just having the opportunity to become one of the highly respected few is quite nerve-tingling; to help users is my goal on this website and now my purpose on Chicken Smoothie will be more structured now that I can help players as a simple form of job preparation. I would love to give the best experience possible to both old and new users of Chicken Smoothie and it's forum.

Thank you so much for this chance at a job with the staff of Chicken Smoothie; I know that if I were to be picked I would execute the duties to the best of my abilities c:
pm me if u need me thank
BIRD OLIVIA SHOP DEVIANTART
berd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arouria » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:18 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Thursday, November 12, 2009 (1:18 PM)

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):2313 (2314 Including this one)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I am on CS Everyday, So, Seven days a week C:

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:I spend (Normally) 7-9 hours in a day on
Chicken Smoothie.

Are you a Trade-Value Expert?: In all honesty, I think I'm pretty decent at it c: I hang around the "Is this a fair trade?" thread a lot so I ketch on to the main trading impotence. So, yes, I feel that I can tell the fair difference between a fair trade and an unfair one :3

Do you answer a lot of questions of the forums?: I only answer questions where I am aloud, but when I am able to I try my best to answer the questions with all of my knowledge. So yes, I answer a fair amount of questions on the forum.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:Well, I speak all the following languages: Latin, Spanish, English, and some Swedish :3 I also have done Peer Council for younger and challenged kids for four years. I tend not to take sides in an argument, instead I look for a good way to solve the issue for both sides. I try to make everyone happy in the end even if it doesn't work out sometimes c:
Why do you want to be a General Helper?:
Well, having done peer Council/mediation for four years straight, I purely enjoy helping people. I spend an ungodly amount of hours on Chicken Smoothie, so why not try to help when I'm here? I am a devoted person who likes to work at things to get it done, a good skill to work with in an argument. Because the people I have lived with for over half my life know many languages, so do I, therefor I can not only those who speak the main forum language (English I would assume) but I can also help people outside the language barrier. This would be an absolutely amazing position to have, and I would enjoy it too. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity, and good luck to everyone else out there!
// Help // Characters // Perediashas // Da //
Arouria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby benny5678 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:24 am

APPLICATON
1.)What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)

Thursday October 21, 2010

2.)How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

962 as of right now

3.)How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

i usally visit everyday

4.)How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

well i go on a couple of hours a day so the least would be like 2 hours the least and 9 hours the most

5.)Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)

well i am learning spanish right now and i think i am considered a good trader i send lots of fair trades and i know raritys pretty well and i like to go to the forums and see what people are asking and if i dont know it already then i look at the post, and then i know what it is to help other people (sorry if thast sounded confusing)

6.)Why do you want to be a General Helper?

Well i like to help people out and latly i have lots of extra time and i could help people out wiht problems and just answer questions around the forums! also i think i would be a really good helper.

i hope you consider mei would love to have this job and help members! :D
Last edited by benny5678 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yes i am a girl. just with an odd username in honor of my dog with cancer.

Need 1,000,000 cats!!!! please help and send me some trades, its for a good cause. check out rachel's challenge.

Looking for C$ or the new store dogs despertly! please send a trade!
benny5678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pedestrian Squirrel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:24 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
May 12, 2010
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Mostly 7 days a week, but sometimes not as long as others depending on my schedule
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Around 5-6 hours, but spread out during the day
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
A few years ago I actually worked with younger children and this included reading with them, helping with crafts, and also, one of the boy's mom came up to me one day and told me how much this meant to her and all the things that I had been helping her son with was helping her son too! Also, when I do projects at school, I am considered a leader because I am good at helping people with their part of projects too! I also am pretty good at considering good trades, and sometimes help my friends with trades when they need help. I am good at figuring if a trade is fair whether it is my trade, or another persons! Also, once a new player PMed me, I think they had seen me in forum posts, asking for some help, and I helped them with what they needed. Also, since I have been here over a year, I know a lot about the site, and could answer questions about signatures, trades, trade rules, questions about the forum, and other various things about the site. Also, I know new players often have questions and I would be VERY willing to help with any question, and if I didn't know that exact answer, instead of them asking someone else, I will try to help them as much as possible, and help people become as informed on here as much as I am! :)
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I would like to be a general helper because I love Chicken Smoothie, and doing this will help the site run smoother! :) Also, I would love to help people!!! I have always been good at answering questions, and I think my help will make people informative like me some day! Also, I will ALWAYS follow all of the rules on here, and I would like to help people if they have any questions about the rules! I would not like players to struggle with getting their questions answered on the forums, where they have to wait and people might not see their questions, so if I were to become a general helper, I would look at every single PM no matter what it says, or if I can't not answer their questions exactly! And if this happens I will do my best to answer their question as best I can!

Thank you for considering me! I would love to help Chicken Smoothie since it is one of my FAVORITE sites!!!
Pedestrian Squirrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Derelyct » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
Oct 23, 2010.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Everyday.

4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Anywhere from 3 to 8, depending on what else I have going on. It's always open in a tab. :]

5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I was actually a peer mediator for a while in high school. I'm not fluent, but I do understand most Spanish, and I'm self-teaching writing it. I started a dreampet group called The League of Extraordinary Pets which currently has 273 members and counting.

6. Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I love helping. If I don't know an answer, I don't give up until I find it or I find someone else that knows it. I am very friendly with new members and I love showing them around when the opportunity presents itself. I remember being a newbie and I remember the the people that helped me out when I was, and I'd like to be one of them for others. :] Being a GH would direct them to me. I never mind questions even when they become repetitive, and I've been told I'm good at explaining things. I really do love answering questions because I learn things while digging for the answer.

I've been less active on the forum lately because I've been busy with art things, but that's finally tapering down and I'll most definitely be more active if I am given a position. Thank you for the opportunity to apply. :]

Good luck to all applicants, and congrats to those awarded a position.~

------♦ [ My DeviantArt ]
----------♦ [ CS R/VRs & more for Goatlings! ]
Derelyct

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pride<3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:43 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 7th, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum ?: 915 (916 including this application)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I usually get on every day except for the odd day where something prohibits me from doing so.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3-4 while I am out of state on holiday/ on weekdays during the school year and 5-6 on weekends/when I am in my home country during the summer.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I am about 6 months - 1 year away from being completely positive that I can say that I am fluent in Spanish. I am studying in for lack of a better term as I am not sure if it's called the same thing in other places, computers so rest assured I can easily navigate my way around a website and give "directions" for those looking for a part of the site. I feel it may be applicable to add I am planning to study Psychology and human behavior soon so expect respectable well thought out answers.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I love being a part of this site, I have been a member for about three years now and I just feel like I could be more helpful to other members.
ImageImage
All because of you,
I believe in angels.
Not the kind with wings,
No, not the kind with halos,
The kind that bring you home,
When home becomes a strange place.
I’ll follow your voice,
All you have to do is shout it out.
ImageImage
Pride<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberWolf » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:47 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: November 22, 2008
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3031
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Probably around 4 hours on weekdays (during school, otherwise around 8 hours during the summer/breaks) and 8 hours on weekends
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I enjoy answering questions, though I haven't been as active in answering questions in the problems and suggestions forums, recently in the Medieval Faire discussion threads I have been answering a lot of questions, even if it's the same question I previously answered a few pages before. A lot of my friends like to come to me with their issues because they know me to be helpful.
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I want to help out on CS in some way- I love CS and it's probably my priority site; the one I am on most and am into most. I'd love to be a general helper to help out anyone who needs it.
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gailagj + doglover » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:05 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:50 am
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6424
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? ATLEAST 4, usually about 10 or so. (No lies)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I have helped many many members before. I know all about trading, forums, where to find things, etc.
Why do you want to be a General Helper? I want to be a General Helper so i basically can help people. I have been told by many people that I am a good helper, and I helped them with what they needed. I have never been rude, and always helpful. I think it would be great to help people who need help, and I would exert a lot of my time to help anyone who needs help.
and so the lion fell in love with the lamb...

what a stupid lamb

Gail wrote:Image Image Image Image Image Image

ImageImageImageImage
gailagj + doglover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tru » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:28 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
October 4th 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

I visit CS everyday unless I am without internet
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I spend between 3-8 hrs. a day on CS, I almost always have a tab open to it, though it varies.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
I try to answer any questions I can. I speak a small amount of Spanish as I was an English as Second Language tutor, but English is my main. I have been a tutor for children for many years and always use my leadership skills on group projects, even if it means taking up a lot of slack. I did moderate a small website, but it is no longer up and running unfortunately.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?

I've been a member since very near to the beginning and really want to do more to help this wonderful site. I love helping people in anyway I can and feel I could really do well as a general helper.
Tru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:11 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: April 7th, 2011 - I also had an account before I left for Foopets. I quit Foopets then returned CS without knowing that I deleted my old account that had my precious pets on it. I know you won't believe my story, but, it is true, though I have no edvidence.
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 953 - 954 once I post this
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Mostly every day unless my friends are over or I'm out of town.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Most of the day [yes, I have a life ^^'] And all of the days of the week.
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?) I was always answering questions on Foopets since I was on there for atleast 2 years, and I already have many answers to CS questions. I will be taking spanish once school starts, but, I have no history in taking any laguages other than english. I am pretty useful when it comes to japanese, but only if someone's speaking it, not typing it. I can always use online translators, though.
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper? I been thinking how fun it'll be to be part of CS staff-ish and to have such responsibilites. When I saw this post, I thought "What a perfect chance to be part of CS staff-ish and to help the other CS members!" When I read the rules, I saw "8 months" and I thought to myself, "I still want to help the other CS members! Give it all you got, Hayden!" [Hayden's my name ^^]

Thank you for, hopefully, reading ^^ I'm sorry if I took up your time,

Flie.
flie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me