General Helper Applications - now closed. Pending selection

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for General Helpers!

Postby Pinstriped Pirates » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:29 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: September 18th, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1082
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day, though my schedule can be changed slightly during holidays.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 2 at the least, 4 or 5 at the most.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): Yes. I can translate (none are exactly fluent) Latvian, German, Indonesian, Lithuanian, French, Catalan, Spanish, and Italian. I am also a mature, patient, respectful, warm person and I can make people feel welcomed easiIy. I also answer many questions about mainly oekaki that I see people asking, as I'm COPPA.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I know how it feels to be new on this site (as I'm sure everyone does) and I know how frustrating it can be when one doesn't understand something or feels alone or confused. I feel that helping people out can make CS more comfortable to that person and make them feel welcome here. Also, helping people out makes not only them feel good, but me as well, when I know I just made a person's time on here easier. I want to help out the CS community, and though I know I'm COPPA, I think I still know enough to help people's problems. Therefore, I think that I'm fit enough to be a good General Helper :)
Pinstriped Pirates

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonely-Wolf » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:29 pm

I have a question
My friend wants to know if you get a custom pet from being a general helper, i dont think you can.
Lonely-Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:32 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Wed Oct 27, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1336

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2 or 3, depending on homework levels.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?) I speak some German, and am working on learning it more in-depth. I also check frequently for rule updates/changes and make sure I know what I'm talking about in case I need to help someone. I also have a habit of reading copyright laws and researching laws as I wish to become a lawyer.

Why do you want to be a General Helper? I would like to be a general helper in order to help people with setting up profiles and around the site in general. I have helped with such things in the past (and even now) on sites like Wikia, dA, and the IRC, and would love to help here as well. Welcoming new people as a General Helper (and showing them they don't have to be scared of the people with the colored names :) ) would be right down my alley, as I am a very outgoing person. I don't currently have the help thread as one of my main threads to check, but I can certainly start!

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeee » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:33 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Straight from my account, I joined Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:13 pm
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Straight from my account, I have 4708 Posts on this forum, and many more coming as I have alot to reply to.
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I am on CS Every day. Im always on CS, ready to help. I dont usually ever have problems or things to attend to, but sometimes I may go off. At this time, I will either be spending a little time with my family, activities, out shopping/doing something else, or I just want to chill.
Summer is the best time for me to be online; In August, I may be a little off because of classes, but I will attend to helping as soon as I get home.
We have 2 computers, so that helps alot, as my sister occasionally goes on Chickensmoothie aswell.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Usually 24/7, unless I become tired or go to sleep, etc, and sometimes I may go for bikerides with my sister, go out, eating supper, etc.
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
I answer alot of helpful questions at this forum, like with trades and I do well with fights. Not to be a bragger, but I do think of myself as very experienced with trading and am very well with rarities and values. I do use the rares list to help, and I do always help with any questions brought.
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I love helping.
My mom says herself I am never thinking of myself, always others, and I feel theres not many questions in the world. Or at least where I live.
Most people arent chatty here, and dont ask many questions, and my friends are either camping or busy, so I really have alot of time.
I think of myself as very kind, active, athletic, good for the job, sweet, compassionate, and very helpful. Thats what most people describe of me anyways. I hate to not be helpful, it tears me apart. Even if I dont know a question completely, I still try and figure out my best how to answer it.
I will never give out faulty advice or unfair advice. I will always try my best, I assure you, and will try my best to help with any questions brought to me. I am very good with bad things, like if you dont choose me, I wont freak out; I can assure you that. I dont get sad easily, especially over silly things.
I want to be a general helper just because I think id be right for the job; I love helping, Im good with other people, I handle fights and arguments well, and will always try my best to answer questions brought.
Thank you for this oppurtinity, and I assure you, if you choose me to be a general helper, I wont ever let you down!
Good luck with picking.

~Band

Lonely-Wolf wrote:I have a question
My friend wants to know if you get a custom pet from being a general helper, i dont think you can.

@Lonely: Tess and other people only give out custom pets who deserve it, mostly ,general helpers and other staff who are doing very good at their job.
You have to work for custom pets, and Tess usually only gives them out when staff have been doing very good and well.
You cant however request for a custom pet, no matter if your part of the staff or not.
Tess and Nick and/or other staff will give them out when nessacary.
So, possibly.

Hope that helped.
Last edited by Zeee on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feelsjoelman
Zeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightiff- » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:35 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Sun Aug 29, 2010

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I am online every day, unless off for some family related matter or anything else.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
At the least, about 9 hours a day. This will vary greatly once I start school back up, probably dwindling to perhaps 5 or 4. For about a few more weeks I will be on almost all the time I'm awake. I have my own computer and am able to be online. ^^

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
I'm generally good with wording things politely, greetings and knowing how to deal with stressful situations without loosing my head. In school I have previously assisted with the underclassmen with various things such as finding their way to a class, and they've always told me I was good with helping in that aspect. I can be very patient with someone new, because everyone was once a new user! I'm pretty easy to get along with, and can answer any question to the best of my ability. Unfortunantly I haven't answered a lot of questions in the "Suggestions" area, simply because I do role play a lot. However I've started to notice I'm posting in only a few of those, and have lots of time to spend getting active with helping.
I'm rather well knowledged with CS. I lurked around for about a month before I started getting involved in the forums, collecting pets and the like. I soon found that I began to adore the website not only for the pets and have wanted to figure out as much as I could since then. And I know the ins-and-outs of trading(even if I don't do it much) and am very good with BBC code, and would be able to explain issues and such with it.

6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
Because I've always wanted to be able to help anyone on Chicken Smoothie as much as I could. I haven't been very dillgent with that, but I know I always smiled when I saw one of the Helpers and Mods posting on a new users topic and making their CS experience easier and much more enjoyable. I must say this website has become pretty much all I do, and it'd be even more fun if I could help others get that same sort of pleasure I get with it.
Another reason being when I get out into the real world, I am certain I plan on being very computer-orientated. Helping websites and the like is something I always plan on doing, and I figured it would be a very good start at this one here.

Thank you for this opportunity to become a much more involved member of CS!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
so posh nails fierce wit dat gold gloss
nightiff-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koiley » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:42 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:17 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Seven
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Most of the day, but if during school usually from four/five until nine/ten, or later.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
I don't know if I'm a trade value expert but I do know month, year, and rarity pretty well. I also speak some Spanish, I can usually get the main idea of what people are trying to say. I try to help out in the forums and have been more recently when I can answer a question someone has. I am pretty good at answering questions about Oekaki or profile info changing. If problems come up, be it argument or anything else, I take the time to think of an appropriate response, because I know what is written on the internet cannot be un-done. So I generally try and be my kindest to people I come in contact with on CS.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I love helping out people, online and off. I think it would be fun to be a General Helper on CS, as I love this website and am on here all the time. I respect all the people that help me here and am grateful for them taking the time to do so. So I feel like I should give back to the community.

Thank you for giving us this wonderful chance and thank you for your consideration. :)
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ricorn » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:46 pm

Lonely-Wolf wrote:
I have a question

If you are applying just for a custom, you shouldn't apply. General Helpers do not get customs. There are only 2 who do have customs and they received them under different terms and not by being a Helper.

Tess wrote:A General Helper position is not considered to be a staff position. If you get the position, your name will change color, and that is the only difference between you and other members. You will not gain any special abilities or powers to moderate the forum or to make pets, etc.

Image Image Image Image
Clowns to the left of me.
Jokers to the right.
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Image Image Image Image

Tumblr || Flight Rising
Ricorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TRUE FREEDOM » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:47 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
October 10th, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
408 (I often lurk around the forums, though)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Seven, unless I'm away or it's an emergency
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I’m often eight to six hours in the summer and usually two to five hours during the school year.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I know my rarities and can help in trades. I also know a lot of stuff about the site and its features. If I don't know an answer I know how to get it and can word things and greetings nicely. I can be patient and won't get mad if someone asks a lot of questions or I get the same question a lot. I also love gifting new members.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I think it'd be great to help people and make a difference, answering questions and whatnot. I'd really like to help new members with anything at all, as I know it helps, being a new member once.
I LOVE FREEDOM AND I LOVE GLITTER TEXT FREEEDOM FOR ALL
TRUE FREEDOM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s y n » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:48 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
March 16, 2010.

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Ten-thousand one-hundred forty-one. (10,141)

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Normally every single day, unless something huge has come up, etc.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
My minimum is about five-six hours, but only when I'm really busy. My maximum, I'd say, is about anywhere from 15-18 hours. But this has decreased a bit, seeing as it's summer time and, like everyone else, I do have friends, a family, a life... c:

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I am very good with rarities, values, fair trades, and the like. I am known to be very good at resolving fights, and as a matter of fact, I do have experiance in peer mediation. I've been called a good influence by many, and I'm overall, as I'm told, a generally likeable and helpful person.

As for languages, I speak quite a bit of Spanish, and I can also speak quite a bit of French. I'm going into learning other languages, though, and fine-tuning a bit of my other skills.

I've answered quite a bit of Chicken Smoothie questions, I love to roleplay, I absolutely adore helping others, and I've been on Chicken Smoothie for quite a while, and so I know almost every rule by heart. I've helped lots of new members, created a topic to help with roleplay skills, and I must say that I'm often very kind to others. It's actually normally pretty hard to really get on my nerves, and I definitely know how to keep calm in certain situations to find an explanation that works for both parties. Chicken Smoothie is basically my life (apart from those awesome summer days, my friends, family, etc) and I know lots of valuable information. I don't mind saying the same thing over and over, and I tend not to get irritated if I have to do so. I'm a very friendly person, and I'm quite respectful. I feel incredibly horrible when I'm ever accidentally even the tiniest bit rude to someone, and I'd apologize for as long as it takes to make them forgive me. I'm a respectful person, and I won a little poem contest at school for creating the best poem for Anti-Bullying week. I honestly don't think you can find one person that dislikes me. Not trying to be boastful, but I'm just a very likeable person.

6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?:
Ah, the moment of truth. I've always wanted to be a member of the Chicken Smoothie team! I applied for the roleplay moderator position, and though I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't honored by getting the position, I'm very happy that a very promising, great member got it.

Oh, I'm getting off track! Anyways, back to topic. Like I've said, I love helping others. I love to answer questions, resolve issues, and generally just help out. I'm usually in a great mood, and like I said, it takes a lot to dampen my spirits. I'd absolutely just enjoy to share this with everyone. I'd very much enjoy helping out new members, and I find a great boost in my own self-esteem when I see that I've made someone very happy.

Chicken Smoothie is a great site, really. I hate to see so many people with so many questions, doubts, etc. and I just feel particularily great when I've helped them out. I'd like to think of myself as a role model, no doubt, and I know that even though there is responsibility that comes with being a General Helper, I know that I'll always make the best of it and make it fun! I'd love the experiance, and, all-in-all, I'd just like to see that I'm making a difference to someone, even if it's only one person.

One fact about some people is that they just want to be a part of the Chicken Smoothie staff for the recognition. Some people may think that about me, but honestly, don't believe it. I help people without any type of recognition from others, but I don't want it. I don't care if I'm widely known all over the site. It's the people that matter to me. Helping people, truthfully just helping them, is really all I'd like to do.

In conclusion, I believe I have great people skills, which is pretty necessary in being a General Helper, correct? I think it is. I know that I'd be great at it, and I'd love to see people benefitting from my knowledge. The little smilies in their posts are never as great as the smiles I get to see in person, but it suits me just find. To know that I helped someone, even only one, is a big deal to me. No one person is better than the other, and that one person will pass on what they've learned. In a way, I'd be making a big change, and that, to me, is better than being known as a famous member of the staff. I would be honored to be a part, to be known as a part, but even if I don't get this position, I certainly won't stop helping out one little bit.

Thank you, Tess, for being so considerative and for taking time to choose the truly worthy - for lack of a better word - members to be a part of this wonderful, co-operative team of devoted moderators, helpers, artists, admins, and generally all the generous people that help all of us Chicken Smoothians to really just have fun!
Last edited by s y n on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

previously known as dexus
s y n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Gone.Traveling. » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:50 pm

I have a question...
Do you have to be over a certin age? Or does it not matter?
Last edited by .Gone.Traveling. on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Gone.Traveling.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me