We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Which path should we take to improve the pet rarity system?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:06 pm

Keep the current categories, but spread pets out more across the categories we have
22%
Add a new "very uncommon" rarity category
16%
Add four new rarity categories
62%

Total votes : 5068

Re: We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Postby LilyHorse » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:41 pm

If it's possible, I would like to know what makes each rarity. Is it amount of pets owned by active accounts, and, if so, how many owned pets count towards each rarity now and would count towards each rarity if the changes were made?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

2020: I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 38 people.
I have received 34 gifts.

2021: I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.
I have received 20 gifts.

I am missing a lot of late '21 and 2022 pets! plz trade i don't bite

____________________________________________________________________________________________

lilyhorse ..................
LilyHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aelius » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:41 pm

Fallendownut wrote:if we only add very uncommon, could it be renamed to unusual? very uncommon doesnt roll off the tongue very well

i love this idea, idk why but that sounds SO cool. i'd love unusual rarity pets LOL
mac | he/they
art shop trade thread
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
aelius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArcticWaterDrake » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:42 pm

LilyHorse wrote:If it's possible, I would like to know what makes each rarity. Is it amount of pets owned by active accounts, and, if so, how many owned pets count towards each rarity now and would count towards each rarity if the changes were made?

I second this. There's no reason for this information not to be public, and it would be interesting to know.
====Maria
=
=
=
=
=

Just remember, you are loved! <3
╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
Manga reader - Artist - Fanfiction Reader
Jpop - Modern rock - Sewing - Private Pilot

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Let's Trade!Support your local pet shelter! TH
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
notes:
She/her
Trade me cats and giraffes please!
English + Spanish (non-native)

╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
I'm feeling lucky

ArcticWaterDrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:42 pm

What would the 4 rarities do to store pets? I feel like it would create a massive move of them to become OMGSR and make them near impossible to trade for as i feel like only 2008 VRs would only move to be OMGSR, itll be way harder for newbies to trade up. especially since it’ll add so many layers to even attempt to get up there. Would there be more rares/up released in monthly adopts to account for the gaps? Maybe im not reading it right? Could someone explain it further to me if its not the case?
Selling 1,450+ Rares for C$!
Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffystar » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:43 pm

In the graphic displaying what distribution would look like with 4 new rarities, it shows that the most common rarity would be uncommon. This doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain? I'd also like an explanation of how rarities are determined, as someone asked above. My brain doesn't work very well.
fluffystar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:43 pm

Suggested this to the other staff, wanna see how y'all like it:

A key for rarities, like the type you see on a map. It would just show you how pets are distributed in their rarities. So it would show that a pet is very common if it has, say, 20k ish pets currently in circulation. And those that are rare currently only have 2k in circulation (or what ever the actual number is) that way, when you look at a pet and see that its a rare or an uncommon, you can know the rough estimate of how many of those pets specifically are in circulation all over the site.

This would need some fine tuning obviously, but I think it would help with some transparency.

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laila, » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:44 pm

LilyHorse wrote:If it's possible, I would like to know what makes each rarity. Is it amount of pets owned by active accounts, and, if so, how many owned pets count towards each rarity now and would count towards each rarity if the changes were made?

wondering this also
x
𝚂𝚆𝙴𝙰𝚃𝚈 𝙿𝙻𝚂 𝚃𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝙼𝚈 𝙿𝙴𝚃𝚂

I WANNA LIMIT MY CS PRESENCE SO I'M SELLING
MOST OF MY ACCOUNT FOR C$ AT PRICES THAT
ARE CHEAP AS CHIPS JUST CLICK THE BUTTON
BELOW FOR MY TRADE THREAD & PRICES TY ILY

laila,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretjuice » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:44 pm

Spaceinmyhead wrote:Suggested this to the other staff, wanna see how y'all like it:

A key for rarities, like the type you see on a map. It would just show you how pets are distributed in their rarities. So it would show that a pet is very common if it has, say, 20k ish pets currently in circulation. And those that are rare currently only have 2k in circulation (or what ever the actual number is) that way, when you look at a pet and see that its a rare or an uncommon, you can know the rough estimate of how many of those pets specifically are in circulation all over the site.

This would need some fine tuning obviously, but I think it would help with some transparency.

Yeah a rough estimate even!
ferretjuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShorahNagi » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:45 pm

As for someone who is utter pants at knowing what a pet might be worth, I feel the four new rarities would be a big help to both new and older players who might not be super big into knowing pet worth and meanings when it comes to trading.

It might also give these players better chances at trading as now there might be people willing to [example] trade 2 Extremely uncommons for 1 rare knowing there's a higher chance in the future for those extremely uncommons to turn into rares.

It might also help some pets better maintain their perceived rarity (know I've seen my RBM go from OMGSR to VR and back to OMGSR at least once) and help them keep their value as well.

As for items, that's something that I don't think needs a rarity meter...but maybe that's something that could have a count of how many there are in the archive [far as I'm aware, most items are not rereleased, so there's a finite amount to go around. Might help players to understand how valuable something is if they see something saying:

Tan Undershirt* - 123,456 copies
Egyptian Pot** - 76,543 copies

*from 2011's Medieval Event
**from 2014's Egypt event

And show that just because an item's older doesnt nessisarily mean its more rare and valuable.
Pet's name: Paradigm
ShorahNagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:46 pm

fluffystar wrote:In the graphic displaying what distribution would look like with 4 new rarities, it shows that the most common rarity would be uncommon. This doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain? I'd also like an explanation of how rarities are determined, as someone asked above. My brain doesn't work very well.

Ah so basically, think of each pet as its own thing. Say you have a deer of one type that has 2k of them currently in circulation with the users. That specific pet would be more uncommon than another deer that has 5k in circulation currently. There just happens that there are more pets that have less of them specifically in circulation. Theres not actually more of those specific pets, just more types of them if that makes sense

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups