Global Moderators - Now chosen.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Now Hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Seasonal » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:37 am

I read the posts regarding the "18+" rule, and I am a bit confused... will you make exceptions for people who are... oh, 17, for example? I am slightly younger than 18, though my registered birthdate states otherwise. I could have sworn that I read a post a few minutes ago where Tess stated so (I am 17). My long story short (so that fingers aren't pointed): I am not the original account owner. This is my younger cousin's account, but I helped her register and I have been monitoring her actions on here ever since. She lost interest in CS some time ago, and she no longer plays, but I have been doing a majority of the posting, trading, etc. since August 2008. She just comes on to PM her friends and to look at the pets... I do everything else. Will that be a problem if I apply? She doesn't actually live with us anymore (by the looks of my recent PM history, she hasn't PMed any of her friends lately), and if I am accepted, I will change my password at once to something that she doesn't know, but I was just curious.

EDIT: I've added my application in.

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
I created my account on September 23rd, 2008.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
I have no problem dealing with mature/adult content and am comfortable viewing it.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I visit at least a few times everyday unless I am busy with school or work.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I feel a bit embarrassed posting this, but I probably spend at least 3-5 hours on CS everyday.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

I have moderated on several forums in the past.

WebkinzCoast
-http://webkinzcoast.com/forums/index.php

WebkinzTown
-http://www.webkinztown.com/forums/forum.php

The others have either been shut down since then or were smaller websites with less than 1,000 members, so I don't feel the need to post them. ^^

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

Moderating is something that I have always enjoyed doing. I would like to give my time and experience to keep ChickenSmoothie safe and bullying-free. I enjoy helping other members and know a lot about ChickenSmoothie. I feel that my availability, knowledge, and past experience with moderating would be useful, and I have a good personality for the job. I have a calm temper and don't mind helping other members out, no matter how simple or silly their questions may be. I believe that I would be a good choice and will be able to help out greatly. I always report posts that do not abide to the Forum Rules, are duplicate topics, etc. and even if my application is not accepted, I will still continue to do so.

I am not extremely concerned about making friends/enemies. If somebody feels the need to call me a name or harass me, it won't bother me and I can keep my cool and not lash out at them. I enjoy keeping the forums organized and neat. From watching the Moderators and doing their job on other websites in the past, I know when something needs to be edited or deleted, moved, merged, etc. I have previously worked on a phpBB forum and am comfortable with navigating the Moderator Control Panel.

I have no need to post any confidential information or share it with another member and will not do so.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Though I cannot speak fluent Spanish, I am currently studying it and feel that I would have no problem looking up a word in the dictionary and being able to read an entire sentence or paragraph.

Thank-you for the chance at such an opportunity, Tess, and the best of luck to everybody! c:
Last edited by Seasonal on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SugarCooki + Birdfly » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:41 am

APPLICATION!!

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) December 28 2010, I also have many other accounts which I have stopped playing and started back on. I think Last june was my first Start.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) Around 380....
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) Yes I know I am really young (Less that 18) even though I am super mature in seeing things that I shouldn't. I am really mature.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? OMG! All 7 and stay on all 24!!
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Mostly 6-8 hours. 3:00-10:00
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them None. This is my First!!
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Well, Ever since I joined I wanted to be a Mod. I have moderated many other Sites that have started on Myadopts (I Moded the Forum!!)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) No but, I am studying Japanese!!

Hope you have fun with your Mods!!
ImageImage

This is a Merged account. Just to let you know! (We are also Bro and Sis ;) )

SugarCooki's Side...
Can I like....Have ur soul and stuff?
SugarCooki types in Bold.
SugarCooki is also a Guy!
Birdfly's Side...
Kitty <3
Birdfly types Regular.
Birdfly is a Girl!

Pet of the Month!
Help watch him grow!
SugarCooki + Birdfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 am

I'm kind of confused. Do you have to be over 18 to apply?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starkit12 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 am

WolfPackLeader77 wrote:I'm kind of confused. Do you have to be over 18 to apply?

18 or older.
Last edited by Starkit12 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starkit12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 am

WolfPackLeader77 wrote:I'm kind of confused. Do you have to be over 18 to apply?

Tess wrote: Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 18, or if you're old enough but still uncomfortable dealing with occasional adult images or language. In the past, we allowed members of any age to join as moderators, but recently the moderators have had to deal with an influx of spam bots (this is the first-post approval task which I mentioned earlier), some of which post adult material and images. As it is your job to protect the rest of the site from viewing this content, it wouldn't be appropriate to give you the job if you're likely to be offended by that content. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably have your birthdate on record so there's no point in applying if you're 14 years old.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crippling Machine » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:29 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: October 10, 2009, and I've played actively ever since I joined
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 636--I spend more time stalking forums than I do posting on them.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Sure. I'm not easily frightened. And I am old enough.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Seven days.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Hard to say. Maybe 6 hours total? I go off and on throughout the day, and while I'm at work I check it on my phone...
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I've created several websites of my own just for fun. So I haven't done any official moderating, but I'm familiar with the tools.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I have really loved this game ever since I joined. The community is really nice and I respect the people who run it. I've joined several other sites and none I've loved as much as this one. So I guess I would just like a job to do on here, then I'd have an excuse for spending so much time on CS. I also enjoy helping other people out on here, especially newbies.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? Oh! I thought of something. I'm very dedicated. I follow through on anything I start, which is a pretty useful skill. I'm also patient, and don't easily lose my temper, even when people insult me (I've been in religious debates over the internet). And I know how to use Google Translate, haha.
Last edited by Crippling Machine on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crippling Machine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkySmoke » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:42 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: September 13, 2009
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1,940 (I wasn't active in the forums at first)
3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I am both old enough and willing.
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Depending on the day. I work friday - monday, so those days are less. Even then, I'm usually on for at least an hour or so. On my days off? I've been known to be on and off all day long lol.
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have, but it was a smaller forum and has been shut down.
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I think CS is unique among online communities in that it allows its members quite a bit of freedom in the forums while still remaining kid friendly. So many sites are very strict about topics that are allowed in the forums. You can't discuss other games, religion, sexual orientation, etc etc. CS has topics on just about everything, and everyone (for the most part) stays respectful. I believe that is due, in large part, to the mods on this site. I would love to be a part of the team that keeps this site as amazing as it is.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I only speak english, however, I do work in customer service in a call center. I am used to having to deal with all kinds of people and remain polite in doing so. I used to work at an elementary school, so I'm good with kids. I also deal with emails quite a bit at work, so my written communication skills are pretty good.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

ImageImageImageImage

There's some people who are so much a part of us that they'll be there with us no matter what. They are our solid ground, our north star, and the small clear voices in our hearts that will be with us...always ~ Alexis Castle | | We are bound by our choices, but we are more than our mistakes ~ Kate Beckett | |

ImageImageImageImage

||Writing|| Characters ||My Kiamaras ||My DAMs ||

SkySmoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:42 am

Hekomi
What date did you register as a CS member?: Thu Sep 24, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6045

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes; I am a legal adult and have absolutely no problem with viewing adult content for the purposes of screening and removing things.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I am online everyday.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least 5+ hours everyday. Sometimes more, but usually no less than at least three.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have moderated many invisionfree/proboards sites, though many are inactive as of now. The active forum I am an adminstrator on is:
http://www.wonderwhywolves.proboards.co ... tion=home#

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I have been a member on CS for almost two years now, and I have never loved a site so much. I'm always online and I love helping people out, as seen with the "Is this a fair trade? Thread". I'm a knowledgeable and mature member and I'm one of the owners of the "League of Extraordinary Pets" in the clubs section. Most people on CS find me to be a helpful and friendly member. I already receive PMs asking for help with rarities and I would love the opportunity to help the site out. I read a variety of posts everyday throughout different forums. I often see a lot of things that happen on the forums (fights, rudeness, etc) quickly and could handle them appropriately. I have made many friends on CS and I'd love to help keep CS safe from spam and innapropriate conduct. I work well with other people and am always friendly and curteous even if I am at odds with a person or a situation. I do not play favourites, and can remove all personal bias from situations. I am good with wording things well and can explain things quite easily. I am also a patient person.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I have always been a good mediator, in the sense that I am readily able to see both sides of a story/argument. I speak some French, though I haven't used it for quite a few years. I have worked in many situations that involve peer relations and mediation and I am always calm and levelheaded. I rarely get angry and I am able to handle situations appropriately and efficiently. I am a good leader and have participated in many "leader-in-training" courses. I've also been a camp counsellor, dealing with both parents and children alike. I did a peer tutoring class in high school, working and teaching a class of 14 year olds. I am enthusiastic, creative, and I have tons of time to spend on CS. I also was a Natural Heritage Educator which meant dealing with younger children, parents and the general public everyday and teaching them about nature and history. I also know HTML to an extent and am quick to learn things I do not know.

I also spent two years directing two different plays. I was in a leadership role managing people my age and younger to put on said production. I also wrote the Auction Guide, as well as helped establish CS$ rarities.

I'm aware we're on a joint account so this might affect things. Between the two of us, we'd both be online on CS quite often and we are both mature and friendly people. Jewel isn't online CS as much as I am so it would probably mostly be me doing any moderation. Either way, I''ll take responsibility for any moderating action done on this account.

Jewel
What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply):
December 24, 2008.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply):
Couple thousand between this account and my old one. On this one, we have 6045.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again):
Yes. I'm able to handle just about anything thrown my way.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I am online every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
The minimum is usually three. xD I tend to lurk a lot more than Komi does, because I like to read through a lot of the forums. I have an addiction to this site. xD

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I'm currently a moderator on Runic Studios. http://z15.invisionfree.example.com/runicstudio ... hp?act=idx

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
I've been a member of CS for a very long time now, and this is one of my favorite pet sites - the longest I've ever played and stuck around for. It just keeps me coming back. I'm an old hand on the "is this a fair trade thread", but I'm not limited to that: my knowledge extends to the majority of the other site workings, and I enjoy perusing the other forums, as aforementioned. Again, I do not post nearly as much as Komi does, but I get around quite a lot. I am able to clearly explain things and handle inappropriate situations calmly and courteously.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):
I have a basic understanding of spanish, I am a very flexible artist (I draw, digitally paint, and photo manipulate), take psychology classes in school, work as a camp counselor in the summer (I specialize in the 8-12 year old units), and participate actively in community service work, so I am able to bring a wide array of social skills to the table.

As Hekomi mentioned, I'm not online quite as much as she is, and I don't tend to post as often, so she would be taking the bulk of the work. I am, however, capable of moderation activities and will not abuse them, and I hope the fact that we have a joint account does not affect our ability to take the position.
Last edited by Hekomi on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eliethewolf » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:22 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Oct 08, 2008

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 703

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am fine with that.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Usually at least once every day.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Around one and a half to two hours

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. I have not moderated on any forums previously.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I would like to be a moderator for CS because I love CS. I have been on CS for 2+ years, and is the only website I have been a part of for that long and am still active. In a community with as many members as CS has, moderators are essential in keeping the community a fun place to be and I would like to help with that.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I have worked in child care where I have had to keep the peace between children of different ages.

Thanks for considering me.
Thanks for the memories!
eliethewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:39 am

Typical wrote:I have a Question, as I've seen a few members apply who have stated they are under 18 but have permission and maturity to do the job. would those factors mean that I could still apply?

you can apply and provide your honest answer to that question, but we will favor hiring known adults

Wolfstorm100 wrote:Just throwing it out there. Not sure I even want to apply since it feels like an overwheling job that in my situation I wouldn't be able to handle...but what if you're a shared account? It'd probably be best if you didn't hire them, since two people are running the account, and you're not sure that the other will abuse the magical tools of the moderator. But I'd just like your opinion/answser~

Thanks in advanced!

~Sorrel

The only way a shared account could be successful is if both occupants apply and both are chosen, and given the large number of applicants it's unlikely for that to happen

~Wave~Nijeu~ wrote:Tess DO i have a chance at being a mod please tell me and just so you know i'm a week away from being 18 i just don't know how to change my age see my older sis had this first then my yougher sis got it then my younger sis didn't like it no more so she gave it top me i just don't know to change my age

No, you're both waaaay underage AND lying to me. You will not have a chance, I have deleted your application. Please stop posting here. Your parent wrote your D.O.B. on your COPPA activation form.

Evelover wrote:Question:
Does the 18 and older rule apply to other CS positions, or is it specific to certain jobs? I guess basically, what I want to know is, to be a General Helper, do you have to be at least 18? Is there any CS job without an age requirement of 18? I understand that only the position of Global Moderator is currently open, but I was wondering for future references.
Thanks
~Eve<3

It would not apply to all positions, just those that involve dealing with first-post approval (General Helpers, artists, the archivist and other positions don't deal with this job)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me